April 2013 Moms
Options

Irritable all the time!

I have no patience after Logan's birth. I'm not impatient with him, just everyone else. Is this because he takes all my patience or is it a hormonal thing? Do I need pills? (Only half joking)
Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: Irritable all the time!

• Options
    Sorry you can't sleep well. :(

I don't know what my problem is. Logan sleeps through the night and is a very easy baby, usually. The tiniest things irritate me instantly. My poor husband. :(
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    Irritability can be a symptom of depression so it may be worth a chat with your doctor. Although I received this article in my inbox a couple months ago. I'm not sure if it will help you but I thought it was worth the read and saved it as a reminder...

Why You Hate Your Husband (after baby arrives) https://m.thebump.com/new-mom-new-dad/post-birth-recovery/articles/why-you-hate-your-husband-after-baby-arrives.aspx?MsdVisit=1
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Brooky11209Brooky11209 member
    edited November 2013
    I don't get much help from dh -_- so I lose my patience really easily.. I attribute it to the fact that I really never get any time to myself. Hah. I've had a really bad experience with prescription meds, so I refuse to take them, I recently started taking confianza and my greens daily and I'm feeling a worlds difference ! I'm an it works distribute btw haha if that made no sense ! P.s. please excuse my siggy. It won't change D:
    IAmPregnant Ticker image
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

This is me too but it's from exhaustion. I'm up at a minimum 6 times a night still.

@knitfaced How are you functioning, for real? If we could donate sleep hours, I'd give you a hundred.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @knitfaced I love the new siggy pic!  Especially how they are all looking at something different...too cute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I found that I am super irritable while pregnant. I was with my April baby and now that I'm KU again the irritability and sometimes downright bitchiness is back. I'm usually a pretty zen person so this is a sharp contrast for me. I attribute it to hormones and lack of sleep.
  • Options

@knitfaced: I love the new siggy pic! If I was still up 6 times a night, I would have no patience either.

I don't do well on no sleep and I know that contributes to my lack of patience. I also feel like I have to do so much more than DH when it comes to childcare. He spends less time physically taking care of them and when he does do anything, he is sooooooooooooooooo slow that it's sometimes more annoying than having no help. It took him almost 5 minutes just to change E's diaper this morning and that did not include putting on her clothes. He seriously readjusted the side tabs no less than four times on each side. We were running late already and it took everything in me not to yell for him to hurry the f up. I packed three lunches, got L changed and dressed, and got myself dressed all in the amount of time it took him to change E's diaper and put on her clothes. Then, she still had to have shoes, hair fixed, and teeth brushed before we could leave. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Sorry, rant over.
    I literally burst out laughing because this is my husband to the tee! I have been irritable since baby too. If I had more help and sleep I think I would be nicer, but when you never get a break not to mention cleaning the house you get pissy! You aren't alone!

• Options
    I'm irritable too and I hate it.  I do not want to be that wife /mother -- this past week I've really tried to take a step back and notice when I'm walking around with "resting bitch face" or making a sour expression because it can't be good for my marriage.  

I echo all the funny-cuz-its-true stories above -- DH is soooooooooo slow.  Like, he's the fastest walker on the planet with his ten foot legs, but whne it comes to getting shit done, he dawdles, doo-do-doo, let's play silly time with the baby, let's take forever grabbing a bottle from the fridge, etc... it is maddening... and don't even get me started on the fact that I literally don't sit down except to maybe eat dinner from the time I go home until LO goes to sleep, and that's after a full work day, a commute, maybe a trip to the gym... while he just kinda sits and hangs out...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited November 2013
    Mine is mostly at work. I love my job most days but can't deal with whiny clients anymore. I was on the phone with a client yesterday who really gets on my nerves - she is the MOST OBNOXIOUS person I have ever encountered. It SERIOUSLY took everything in me not to hang up the phone in her face and quit right then and there! 

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    i am so irritable!!! all the time. i have to stop myself from yelling at people. :/
  • Options
    Debbie0580- I read the article and it says if it lasts longer than a few weeks, it could be PPD. But I'm not sad and depressed. I'm just annoyed. Could it still be PPD?
    Chad and Fawn

Anniversary

• Options
    JSS1002 said:
    I'm irritable too and I hate it.  I do not want to be that wife /mother -- this past week I've really tried to take a step back and notice when I'm walking around with "resting bitch face" or making a sour expression because it can't be good for my marriage.  

I echo all the funny-cuz-its-true stories above -- DH is soooooooooo slow.  Like, he's the fastest walker on the planet with his ten foot legs, but whne it comes to getting shit done, he dawdles, doo-do-doo, let's play silly time with the baby, let's take forever grabbing a bottle from the fridge, etc... it is maddening... and don't even get me started on the fact that I literally don't sit down except to maybe eat dinner from the time I go home until LO goes to sleep, and that's after a full work day, a commute, maybe a trip to the gym... while he just kinda sits and hangs out...

Bitchy resting face IS my face. But hey... I can't help it. It's just my face!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @doeie04 Irritability can also be a symptom of anxiety. Or what about other symptoms of depression besides feeling sad and hopeless? My NP uses the EPDS to screen for PPD. It's not diagnostic, just a screen. But maybe have look at it to see if you're experiencing any of the other symptoms.
    Bottom line, I guess if you feel it is affecting your relationships or your ability to function you should probably look into it. I'm obviously not a doctor so take what I say with a grain of salt. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    JSS1002 said:

Bitchy resting face IS my face. But hey... I can't help it. It's just my face!
    Mad resting face is my husband's face too, people are always asking him what's wrong.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"