Birth Stories

Where did your water break?

Where did your water break? What did you do? How did you react and feel?

Emma Rae due March 16, 2014 <3

November Siggy Challenge- Men In Sweaters

Re: Where did your water break?

• My water broke in the middle of a contraction while I was squatting down at the foot of my bed. I think I said, "Oh sh**!" because I was in total denial that I was in labor and the water breaking made it official. Then I cried (my reaction to every large emotion during pregnancy) and called my husband in a panic to come home from work. I was only 36w6d so I really just wasn't expecting labor to start so early.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was in my kitchen cooking, thankfully! I was excited because I knew he'd be coming within the 24 hours!
  • Loading the player...
  • It was 10pm and I decided to use the bathroom one more time before bed. A gush of fluid (I later found out was my water breaking) came out when I sat down on the toilet.
  • Just went to bathroom 3 am, laid back down & felt a small pop
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Doctor broke mine with DD when I was dilated to about an 8.  Never broke on my own.  
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • I was in the shower getting ready for my niece's birthday party when I felt a small pop. After I dried off, my legs stayed wet. DD was born 16 hours later!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I was putting my pants on to go to work when my water broke. Good thing I was running late that morning or I would have been in my car!
  • around 4-5am when I got up to use the bathroom.  It was everywhere!  No doubt about what it was.  :)
  • edited November 2013
    I was peeing so there was no mess! I was really calm, called my mom to let her know [she was waiting to book a flight until we knew DD was coming] then hung around for about an hour before heading to the hospital.

ETA I had her 6 hours later.
  • BaldwinMartinBaldwinMartin member
    edited November 2013
    On the toilet at 430 in the morning. I woke up to pee as per usual as a 9 month, 2 day pregnant woman and surprise! I got my mom and dad (we were living at my parents and renovating our house), dad got the hubby, i took a shower and then it was off to the hospital we went.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1- Water broke in the hospital.
    DD2- They broke my water at the hospital.

• DD1-I was laying in bed, felt a pop, ran to the toilet and it started gushing out. DD2-In the car on the way to the hospital. Scariest experience of my life! We barely made it. The baby was at+3 station and I was already 10cm when we got there. 30 min later, she was out. No time for the epi.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right as I was drifting to sleep at 11:15 in bed.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS1 - In my hospital bed while I was sleeping

DS2 - They broke my water in hospital
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i was at my mother's house. i had been having contractions that were about 10 minutes apart for over 12 hours and called my obgyn's office hoping for some advice on how to deal with the pain because i wasn't sure how long they were going to last. the nurse told me to come in to see a doctor for a cervical exam and non stress test. i was not even 3 cm dilated and doc told me to go home and relax. 40 minutes later at my mom's, i felt a very strange feeling almost like a "pop" and started leaking and leaking and leaking... and leaking. had my son 11 hours later.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>

• DD - doctor broke it in hospital
    DS - during a hard contraction in hospital. He was born 45 minutes later
  • My water was ruptured artificially in the hospital at about 7 cm dilated. Craziest experience ever! I actually apologized to the staff for the mess! Told them that they should have a 'Wet Floor' sign handy. ;D
  • Both times I was sitting on the toilet. The first time (39w6d) it was a pop that I could feel as if I had popped a balloon under water. The second time (37w6d) it was much more subtle and then a gurgling sensation sort of like pouring water from a bottle.
  • Water broke at 5am on the toilet. I stopped peeing yet liquid kept dribbling out. Was a slow dribble until my unplanned csection at 5pm
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Doctor broke my water...I was 5cm dilated by the time I got to the hospital
  • veetveetveetveet member
    edited January 2014
    At home at 3 am when I got up to pee- she kicked me hard it hurt... I stood up and thought I was peeing myself and lost all bladder control! When I went to the washroom I had the scare of my life- it was bright red and I had a ton of huge clots (think size of a tomato). There was tons of liquid/blood and it wouldn't stop. I was nervous, scared because I thought something was wrong. Everyhing turned out fine.

I didnt start feeling contractions until about 30 min later and they were not that intense and I was already 4cm dilated.
  • In bed. Had just laid down for the night, rolled over to get comfortable. Heard a "pop" and then a gush of fluid.
    imageimage

• I'm glad I'm not the only one whose water broke while sitting on the toilet. It was 10pm and I got up to pee one last time. As soon as I sat down a gush of water. I didn't know it was my water until 10am the next day at my Dr Appt. I slept through the night, woke up, got dressed, ran errands, ate and then went to my Appt. No pain, no contractions.
  • I was 7-8 cm . I labored at home since noon. We got to the hospital at 11 after triage they moved me to my room and when I scooted to the bed my water broke.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine broke naturally minutes before he was born.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • With DS #1, at home after a long day at work while standing up from the couch.
    With DS #2, climbing into the labor bed at the hospital.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • DS - I experienced no labor at all. My blood pressure continued to be high and they called a c-section at 37 weeks.

DD - It was 3am on the morning of my induction. I woke up to get ready to be at the hospital, rolled over and felt a little pop and kept feeling a little trickle of water every once in awhile. But since I was supposed to be headed to the hospital anyway I just decided I would slap on a pad (it really was that minimal of a trickle) after my shower and continue the next three hours as planned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Mine broke right after I got to the birth center while I was standing up about 10 minutes before I started pushing and 20 minutes before my daughter was born!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • doc had to break mine with a crochet hook looking thing with both kids.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • with DS#1 there was a "sweaty" feeling down there at 3am so I got up to pee and noticed my underwear was wet (I thought I had peed a little). I changed my undies and got back in to bed. A while later I noticed my underwear was wet again but didnt need to use the toilet. I called my mom and asked her if it could possibly be my waters. She said unless it was a gush to not worry. So I changed my in to my 3rd pair of undeis and put a towel under me just incase for the night until I started noticing a small leak everytime I would have a 'braxton hicks" LOL I was in shock. I laid in bed til 6am and then let everyone know we were headed to the hospital. There they broke it the rest of the way, apparently I had a tear in the bag or something. DS was born 12hr after the first "leak"

With DS#2 they broke my water for an unplanned induction due to an infection in my uterus. He was born 3hrs later.
  • DD - broke at work (I am a teacher but luckily had no class at the time!), but it was not a lot of fluid...I apparently had one bag inside another? The other bag broke 12 hrs into labor and DD was born almost 12 hours after that!

DS - midwife broke my water to get labor going on my due date after 3 long & miserable days and nights of false labor

I am anxious to see what happens this time! Any day :)
  • Mine broke while I was sitting on my exercise ball to relieve the pain in my hips. I didn't think it was my water breaking, till I went to the restroom and it gushed again. 27 hours later at 37w3d, LO was born!
    Anniversary 

• becnicole0210becnicole0210 member
    edited September 2014
    I was sitting up on the edge of my bed because I had a feeling it was about to happen and my water broke. I woke up my hubby and MIL and we headed into the hospital at 4 in the morning. Contractions started right away at 4-5 min apart.
  • the doctor broke my water mid labor when I was 5-6cm
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks