April 2014 Moms

Not showing and can't feel baby!

I've had 2 miscarriages so may be paranoid but at 16w 2d am not yet showing and have not felt baby move. Breasts are only a tad bigger but aren't sore. I saw 2 ultrasounds, one at 8 weeks and the other at 11 and a half and the baby looked good but now I'm paranoid cause I'm not showing and have not yet felt the baby move. Is this normal???

Re: Not showing and can't feel baby!

• I don't feel mine yet at 16w but both babies have anterior placentas so I was told it'll be later.
    "Everything will be alright in the end. So if it's not alright, it is not yet the end."
    Me:29 DH:29  TTC since 1/11 Dx: unexplained IF/early DOR/immune issues 
    Feb'12- July'12-testing(all clear minus slight arcuate ute), 3 IUI with clomid all BFN
    8/30IVF#1 Antagonist protocol- ER 9/11-8R, 7M, 5F. 
    ET 9/14 2 embies transferred. 1 10cell Grade 4, 1 8cell Grade 4. No frosties. BFN
    IVF#2 Antagonist protocol plus baby aspirin- ER 12/5-16R, 12M, 8F!
    ET 12/10 5dt! 1 fully expanded blast & 1 early blast. No frosties. BFN
    3/13 hysteroscopy & polypectomy, Consulted w Dr. Kwak-Kim.  
    DX: High NK cells, cytokines, DHEAs& PAI1;  hypothyroid, +APA, restricted bloodflow
    7/13 IVF#3 Long lupron protocol with PIO, Crinone, Prometrium, and vivelle
    (plus synthroid, metformin, baby asa, metanx, PNV, Vit E, D, calcium, fish oil, CoQ10, IVIg infusions and lovenox per Dr. Kwak-kim)
    ER 7/19 14R, 11M, 9F(4 natural fert, 5 with ICSI)
    ET 5dt 7/24 2 fully expanded blasts.  SURPRISE 3 FROSTIES!!!
    Beta #1 8/2 335!!!! Beta #2 829!!!  1st u/s 8/14 showed TWINS!!!!!
    11/11: TEAM PURPLE!!!!!
    3/21/14-L&W born at 37w via csection

Here Comes the Sun Blog
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Yes. Everyone's different but that's well within the range of normal. You probably have another appointment coming up soon? Talk to your hcp about your anxiety and let them reassure you.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i am in the same boat! i'm counting down until my appt this next thurs. hang in there & think positive thoughts!
    CafeMom Tickers
  • I'm 16wks4days and I'm not really showing and I can't feel the baby move at all. Keep your head up! I'm sure everything will be alright!
  • Same. A co-worker even said to me today, "wow you're not showing at all!" Gah. But I just used my doppler and baby's heart is beating away :) don't worry, it is normal! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only in the 13 th week but I feel the same way and it's driving me nuts! My husband thinks I'm overly paranoid and I know I have those tendencies but. .. still. ... it's your baby!
  • I'm 18 weeks today, and not really showing yet.  I guess people who know I'm pregnant would say I have a little bump, but otherwise I just look chubby.   I haven't felt anything yet that I can say for 100% certain is baby movement, and I don't expect to for a few more weeks.

I know that PGAL sucks, especially now when we can't see or feel anything.  Just hang in there:-)
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Sadly, this is very normal. I'm a petite to average sized woman and didn't have a bump until 20+ weeks and didn't feel the baby until 18+ weeks. Try to not worry. 

Married my love 10/18/08 | DS born 07/16/11 | MMC 01/16/13 at 11w6d | DD edd 04/27/14

• I feel the same way! I tend to worry, and not having any "quantifiable" proof is making me crazy!

• Ditto to what everyone else is saying, it's normal, but even though it's normal I do understand how nerve racking that can be... With my first I didn't show nor feel my son until further in my second tri..
  • I had a dr appointment yesterday and asked him about when I would feel baby move. I could see her/ him wiggling around on the US but even if I try my hardest, all I can seem to feel is my pulse. He said some women won't feel it until 22wks. Don't worry... Everything will be okay.
  • I'm 22wk6 days and I didn't officially "pop" until 18 weeks and I didn't feel LO moving until week 20. I was really worried too because I am also pgal but try not to! It really depends on your body type when you'll show, and once I felt a "real" kick I realized I had been feeling them for a while and just didn't know what it was.
  • If you're worried, I would invest in a doppler. It's really been a comfort for me to get me to my next appt.
  • I'm 15 weeks and can feel little flutters, but that's it, and I'm still not showing. Some women don't start showing for a while... I worry alot too because I lost my first at 7 months, then had a miscarriage, so I totally get the worry part. But yes, that sounds completely normal to me. 
  • I'm the same way - 16 weeks and no flutters, plus I just feel like I've let myself go. No cute and obvioys bump yet! I understand the worry... this is my first pregnancy, and I'm paranoid too. Especially when my MIL keeps asking me, "you haven't felt anything yet?" x_x. Hang I. there!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It takes longer to feel the Baby for the first time! Try not to worry yourself. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"