April 2014 Moms

Inappropriate touching of the belly

Yesterday, we shared our good news with our best friend and his girlfriend, who I've become fairly close with. As we were hugging goodbye, she bent down and KISSED my belly 3 times. Loved her excitement, but it was very odd, and I really hope it doesn't become a regular occurance. Have you experienced any inappropriate belly touching?

Re: Inappropriate touching of the belly

• ALL THE TIME!!!! from the same two women at work who just wont get the hint! On Friday at lunch, in front of one of them, I was telling everyone about how I'm really sensitive about my tummy area as I'm a bigger girl, and people touching me make me uncomfortable because ATM they are just touching fat. Not sure if she got that message, watch this space. The other lady touched me today, and I said to her, look that's just fat at the moment, and she said, no there is a baby in there!!!

Next time I am just going to tell them that I'm uncomfortable with it, and ask that she not do it. If she gets offended I don't care because this constant touching is offending me! its my body and I don't have to put up with it!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • cfthoct292011cfthoct292011 member
    edited October 2013
    My BILs bff was rubbing my belly at my nephews party yesterday while he was drunk. He totally wreaked of alcohol and i think hes a major perv and makes me very uncomfortable. He then said "is this ok...doesnt matter we're family." Ummmm NO were not, this isnt ok and his wife is five months pregnant go rub her belly you drunk weirdo!!! Thank god my FIL interupted he's my hero; he probably saw the look of horror and disgust on my face.

EDit: spelling
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • The way I've always combatted this id to immediately reach out and touch the belly of the person touching mine. They freak out and back off quick.
  • My BILs bff was rubbing my belly at my nephews party yesterday while he was drunk. He totally wreaked of alcohol and i think hes a major perv and makes me very uncomfortable. He then said "is this ok...doesnt matter we're family." Ummmm NO were not, this isnt ok and his wife is five months pregnant go rub her belly you drunk weirdo!!! Thank god my FIL interupted he's my hero; he probably saw the look of horror and disgust on my face.

EDit: spelling

Wow, I can't believe his pregnant wife didn't stop him! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I'm glad our close friends and family don't drink, I think I would have no patience for that and would feel like they were acting childish like drunk college roommates these days with how annoyed I get!
  • I don't think I've ever seen him sober that's the sad part...
    My Alice in Wonderland Baby Shower 3/30/2014
    Instagram photo by sassijae - Baby shower time... #laylascoming #sisterinlaw #aliceinwonderland #teaparty #cantwaittilltiffgetshere

October 30, 2011
  • @MrsSmith0312 I still can't get over that she kissed your belly... 3 times! DH is the only one allowed that close to belly!
  • DHs friend tried once...and I mean only once. I grabbed their stomach and asked if this was some new form of greeting. 

mean_girls_35345Image and video hosting by TinyPic         PAL Sep challenge George Takei image
    Started dating in 5/9/05, Married 6/25/11
    Started TTC Feb 2013, BFP #1 3/4/13 EDD 11/10/13. MMC 4/9/13 D&C 4/22/13.
    BFP #2 7/17/13, EDD 3/29/14 ended in a CP on 7/22/13.
    BFP#3 8/19/13 EDD 5/3/14 Nerdling was born 4/29/14, welcome little one!
     All AL welcome.

image   Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Maybe this is the hormonal bitchiness in me, BUT it annoys me that my DH kisses my belly. I'd be fine with it if it only happened at night. (Kiss me goodnight, kiss baby goodnight) But he does it ALL the freaking time.... And it doesn't seem to bother him that others are around. Yesterday my parents were over visiting. When he got home, he came right in and kissed my belly. So awkward!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    It's a BOY!!! Can't wait to meet Miles Garrett! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• It's happened to me a couple of times. I absolutely hate it and pull away. I'm not 8 months and ready to pop, all I have right now is a belly full of air and poo.  

I need a line to use that isn't offensive but gets the point across. My personal space boundaries are important to me. 

Pregnancy Ticker

10 year old boy - April 13th 2003
    MMC Feb 20th - May 20th finished naturally
    BFP on July 25th 2013 LMP June 28th 2013

• I just met a new neighbor last week and when she found out I was pregnant she immediately went for my belly.  Um...what??  I covered my stomach and backed away.  I seriously don't get why people want to touch pregnant gals' bellies!?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • My preschoolers want to touch my belly all the time. Even they usually ask first and they're three! Of course I say yes.
  • OMG, yes!  This girl did the same thing to be.  I don't mind the occasional belly pat from a close friend or family member... but do not bend down and kiss my belly!  That is just weird.

I think the next time a random person goes to touch the belly, I am going to reach out and touch theirs back.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• mamrotu73 said:
    If you are an Arrested Development fan, go look up the "No Touching" compilation on YouTube. Look it up even if you've never seen the show. I'd link it, but I'm on my mobile. I'm a victim advocate and run sexual assault prevention training at my work where I've shown that video multiple times before. So, if anyone attempts to pet my belly, they'll get a quick "No touching!"
    I am a HUGE AD fan!
    I had two people (strangers) touch my belly last pregnancy but they were so excited about babies I just didn't care. If people at work or something tried it would give me the creeps. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• honeyzoo said:

My FIL asked to touch my belly, I said yes. BUT he lifted my shirt and kissed my bare belly. I know he's really excited (1st grandchild) but it was really weird!

@-) I would have been mortified. Weird is by far an understatement!
  • Here's that Arrested Development link for all you fans:

I've had just one friend touch my belly so far, as well as a student. Hasn't gotten too awkward yet, but we'll see what happens...

• I have a very excited middle school student who touched my bump. So inappropriate!! I try to avoid her in the halls and when I can't I take her hand and give her a high five explaining that's it inappropriate to touch teachers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"