2nd Trimester

Tiny red bumps on belly during pregnancy??

I have developed within just a few weeks some tiny red itchy bumps in random places on my belly and my thighs, even some on my back.  I've done some research on the internet and I believe I have something called PUPPP.

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and I read that this normally doesn't happen until you are 35 weeks. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to see what they can do about it...

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing? I can't find another post from someone who has the same symptoms. It's very irritating and I feel like I'm the only one who has this annoying pregnancy symptom!!

Re: Tiny red bumps on belly during pregnancy??

• My SIL had something similar and she went to the Dr and found out she was allergic to the placenta... it was very itchy too. GL to you and hopefully it's nothing!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • That happened to me recently and it turned out to be heat rash.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have one little red dot on my stomach that itches like mad sometimes. Other times it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't even think of asking the dr about it. Tongue Tied
    Sara - 30 DH - 32 Gracie - June 18, 2010 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • imagesarasek:
    I have one little red dot on my stomach that itches like mad sometimes. Other times it doesn't bother me at all. I didn't even think of asking the dr about it. Tongue Tied

this! agh!

::runs to google::

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had it during my last pregnancy.  It's an allergic reaction to the baby's DNA.  It happens most often in 1st pregnancies- especially when having a boy (about 70% with boys).  No one understands how bad it is unless you have had it.  I described it as poison ivy head to toe where you can't do anything to alleviate the pain or itching.  It drove me so crazy that it spiked my blood pressure and I believe it led to my pre-e.

I ran cold water on my feet, arms, etc. to freeze it so it wouldn't itch so much.  Some women who had it said Aveeno oatmeal rubs also helped a litle.

Please get it checked out if you think that is what it is.  They can give you a steroid cream called Vanos which is the only thing that helps at all.  If it gets really bad, they put you on oral steroids (so you don't use the cream too much- they can monitor the amount of steroids they give you so it's safe for the baby).  Steroids are a very temporary relief and there are times where nothing helped- but just know it will end! 

All the articles say PUPPS ends when you deliver the baby- but many women say it took a while to go away.  Mine took about a month but the itching got a lot better and I found if I kept moisterizer on, it didn't itch much at all.

Good luck- I hope it's not PUPPS!  If it is and you have any questions or just need to vent about it, feel free to PM me any time.  Everyone asks me about my fears of a 2nd pregnancy after having pre-e and my response is always- as long as I don't get PUPPS again, I can deal with anything else!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I just noticed some bumps (almost like little insect bites) on my arms, legs, and belly within the last couple of days. Called the doctor's office and they said to try Benadryl...if it doesn't get better in 3 days I'll need to see the doctor. It itches but not THAT bad, I'm just hoping it doesn't get worse.
  • I have had bumps on my belly since I was about 2 months and I now(27 weeks) have some on my back. I asked my doctor about it when I first noticed them (around 2 months) and if it could be PUPPS(b/c I had done some research) & I was told it couldn't be that because it's something you get at the end of pregnancy(and I'm having a girl).He didn't seem very concerned with my concern & told me that it was probably just a simple rash that would go away. I just don't understand because I still have it to this day?!
  • Sounds like heat rash
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"