Babies: 0 - 3 Months

cutting DC's fingernails....

Hardest thing ever? I have already managed to cut one of her fingernails too short. Made DH ty the next time and he managed to clip a bit of skin off and make her bleed. Now we are both terrified to try again! lol
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cutting DC's fingernails....

• Sounds gross, but I just bite my DS's because I'm scared to cut him!
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • I use a file and that seems to get the sharps edges!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm terrified of it so we still just use the file.  He screams bloody murder when we do it though, but there is no blood which is good.
  • I hate cutting the fingernails.  It's been suggested to bite the nails off b/c you can feel with their skin with your tongue.  I just cut DS's fingernails when he's asleep, so I know he won't suddenly move.
  • I have the hardest time, so dc's nails tend to be long.  Then I feel guilty when he accidently scratches his face.
  • I bite my DS's while I'm nursing him. He still doesn't like it and tries to pull away.
  • It is super hard because my dh wiggles his hands all over the place.  I try to do it when he is sleepy and I use little tiny nail scissors that I have from my baby first aid bag.  I have found that is so much easier than nail clippers right now.
  • I get someone to feed her and while she is concentrating on food I quickly *sneaky sneaky* cut her nails. She doesn't move them as much. I just never was able to cut her nails while she sleeps b/c she balls them up into fists and I have to pry those little suckers open. Just try a few different ways that pp have said. Just keep trying. Best of luck!
  • I do this on the changing table.  DH refuses to even try.  I have clipped his skin and pinched him a few times to bleeding, hey, it happens.  But I just hold his hand firm while I do it and talk to him.  Seems easier each time.  If he seems especially cranky, I just stop and try another time.  I have done it while nursing too, which can be effective.
  • i hate it!! MIL is always complaining DD scratched her bc her nails are too long but i feel like i am always cutting them.  usually i can't get them all done at the same time bc she gets fussy and flail-y and it is so much more likely i will cut her so i stop
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"