April 2013 Moms

Poopy doop

How often do your LOs poop?

Mine only does once every couple of days. Which I'm not comfortable with. Anything I can do to increase that?

I'm EBF and plan to as long as possible. Should I increase water intake? More fiber in my diet?

Re: Poopy doop

• that's totally normal!  especially when BF.  don't worry unless its closer to a week.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • edited September 2013
    DD is EBF and doesn't exactly have a regular pooping schedule. Most of the time she goes a day or two in between poops, sometimes she'll poop once a day for a few days in a row, and very rarely, she'll need three diaper changes in as many hours. I don't know if it's her or if it's what I'm eating, but I don't worry about it much since she's not in pain or constipated or anything.
    Just curious, why are you worried about this? I was told that if you're breastfeeding, however often your LO poops is fine. Have you talked to your pediatrician? I'd see what he/she has to say about it first.
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS poops once a day like clockwork. I EBF. I eat a lot of fruits/veggies and also I sometimes will eat a fiber bar, although at first they made both of us gassy. Like a pp said, I really wouldn't worry about it unless your baby seems uncomfortable. Everyone is a little bit different. Some adults go like 3 times a day while some go every other day, and that's fine and normal. Same with babies!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • skidderdoskidderdo member
    edited September 2013
    EBF and he goes once or twice a day. I would love to be one the "every other day or so" bandwagon. Love.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • My DD goes about once a day. I love that she no longer goes in the middle of the night.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You could try probiotics. DD went everyday when I was really good about giving them to her. Lately I keep forgetting, and she will skip a day or two every now and then.
  • DS goes at least 3-4 times a day and we EBF. When you EBF, anything from several times a day to once every few days is normal. As long as your LO is having enough wet diapers and the poop ones look normal, it's fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Every three days here, sometimes as long as a week. EBF here
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I EBF and he goes at least twice a day, sometimes as much as 5 times a day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I believe breast fed babies can go up to a week (possibly 2) without a bowl movement. So your baby is doing just fine! My little one goes anywhere from 4 times in one day (my sister's wedding, of all days..) to every three days. There are so many factors, what you are eating, growth spurts, activity level, sleep, etc.

All in all poop is a messy thing and not always an exact science ;)
  • Elliott nurses maybe once a day now, with the rest soy formula and solids, and he's pooping about once every day, sometimes twice.
  • EBF and she poops every three or four days. It used to be every morning, but at around four months, she started going a few days in between. My pediatrician said it's totally normal.

• EBF babies are good if pooping once a week. M goes 3-4 times a day. Sometimes just twice
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Before we started solids, it was about once a week or so. Now she poops at least once a day, sometimes more.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• She goes once every 3-4 days, and she is both BF and FF.  Every once in a while she will go two days in a row.  
  • It is totally normal for EBF babies to go a while between poops. There is nothing wrong with your baby. My LO (EBF) once went 10 days. I was getting a little concerned, but it all came out all right in the end. :-) Normal for him is every 3-4 days.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"