April 2014 Moms

Calling all ladies!!

Christian gray or Edward Cullen?? I'm leaning more towards Christian gray, if he was immortal he would be prefect!!

Re: Calling all ladies!!

• Loading the player...
  • Eh. Jamie Frazier. (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon) If you have not read this amazing series, please do. Now. Jamie is the definition of "man".
    Slow clapping for Jaime Fraser :-)   He's hot.  In my mind anyway.   
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • What are the books called?? I'm always looking for a good read!
  • What are the books called?? I'm always looking for a good read!
    Look for the Outlander series on Amazon.   The first book is called Outlander.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Is Christian Gray from 50 Shades? I would love to have a discussion about 50 Shades. I haven't read the book, but I'm curious about it. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eh. Jamie Frazier. (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon) If you have not read this amazing series, please do. Now. Jamie is the definition of "man".

=D>

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Pretty much what it is.. But my sex life is gone for the time being and this book is reminding how amazing it. I'm reading the second book. I've read the whole twilight saga. I don't just read raunchy books though.
  • Okay so I liked those books for what they were - fantasy, distraction, etc.

I do not like the idea of condoning those books for impressionable minds (i.e. the diehard tween fans of twilight) and I certainly don't like the idea of choosing either of those characters, even "just for fun."

I prefer my men not controlling. I like to hang out with whichever friends I choose, wear whichever clothes I want, and when I say no I enjoy that my husband respects that.

I wasn't even sure I wanted to watch the 50 Shades movie until OMG they cast Charlie Hunnam. ::swoon:: love some Jax Teller booty.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • Nether I'm an Anita Blake fan...great vamp series!
  • Edward Cullen always creeped me out.  Christian Grey is probably good to look at, but would not want to be anywhere near his Red Room of Pain!

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• smushismushi member
    edited September 2013
    Avion22 said:
    Eh. Jamie Frazier. (Outlander by Diana Gabaldon) If you have not read this amazing series, please do. Now. Jamie is the definition of "man".
    Slow clapping for Jaime Fraser :-)   He's hot.  In my mind anyway.   
    Did you see that they're making a Starz show out of the books?  I can't believe who they got to play Jamie............ :(

ETA:  Now I want to go read Outlander again.  I've never been able to get past the first book to read the others, because I'm so worried if I do, it will ruin how much I love Jamie & Claire.
  • Neither
    Danielle married to Seth since January 8th 2012.
    Parents to Jonah Levi-12/4/12
    Expecting Babies #2 and #3 April 13th 2014!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I am leaning towards Gideon Cross (Silvia Day's Crossfire series)... Knock off 50 Shades but better!
  • LittleLady77LittleLady77 member
    edited September 2013
    Ugh, fine.  I'll bite.  I'll start by saying I'm an avid reader of a variety of books, genres and themes.  By no means am I advocating that 50 Shades is well written or brings anything THAT meaningful to your life but I liked it. 

I think it explores sexuality in a new way and allowed thousands of people to become a little more creative in the bedroom.  I finished those books and immediately ran to the adult store to get a mask and a feather tickler thing that DH and I had FUN with.  We've always been adventurous in the bedroom and I can see how if you're not that is too extreme to be enjoyable but I certainly got lost in the fantasy. Between Edward and Grey, I would go Grey all the way even with his red room.

That all being said, I did start counting how many times she "peeked up at him through her lashes" in the book.  Gag!

imageimageimage
  • Ugh, fine.  I'll bite.  I'll start by saying I'm an avid reading of a variety of books, genres and themes.  By no means am I advocating that 50 Shades is well written or brings anything THAT meaningful to your life but I liked it. 

I think it explores sexuality in a new way and allowed thousands of people to become a little more creative in the bedroom.  I finished those books and immediately ran to the adult store to get a mask and a feather tickler thing that DH and I had FUN with.  We've always been adventurous in the bedroom and I can see how if you're not that is too extreme to be enjoyable but I certainly got lost in the fantasy. Between Edward and Grey, I would go Grey all the way even with his red room.

That all being said, I did start counting how many times she "peeked up at him through her lashes" in the book.  Gag!

The sex never bothered me. It's his controlling demeanor OUTSIDE the bedroom.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
    edited September 2013
    ***spoiler alert***

amhah09 I get it but she basically gets her way in every aspect and he learns to let go.  It's part of the whole "she fixed him" fantasy.  It's totally unrealistic but it still plays to the story.  A broken billionaire shows up on your doorstep and you get to fix him, fall in love and live happily ever after with your dream career and all the money in the world. 

imageimageimage
  • Lol!! Yeah the boom isn't well written by any means but I like sex factor of it. It opens you up to a different world. That's the reason I like to read!
  • amhah09amhah09 member
    edited September 2013

***spoiler alert***

amhah09 I get it but she basically gets her way in every aspect and he learns to let go.  It's part of the whole "she fixed him" fantasy.  It's totally unrealistic but it still plays to the story.  A broken billionaire shows up on your doorstep and you get to fix him, fall in love and live happily ever after with your dream career and all the money in the world. 

I get it. I guess that's just no fantasy of mine. I don't want to have to fix a control freak.

That's the only reason I was able to finish the series though. Because he did get better, I mean. I struggled reading the first book and refused to start the second one but I had a couple friends convince me to keep going. The first book I take a lot of
    issues with, for sure.

Edited: andplusalso I did acknowledge that he had a lot of psychological issues (don't all controlling people?) that he did eventually resolve.

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • I don't like the controlling side of him. To be honest it makes me sick.. But he's gotten better so far ( I'm on the second book) and reading about the money and sex well.. What women doesn't want that?
    edited September 2013
    amhah09 Oh, it's not my fantasy either!  I just thought it was an interesting area to explore on such a public forum.  I would certainly never put myself in that situation but those issues are out there in the real world and they are entertaining. 

After everyone and their mom read the books I had one close friend come out to me about being into the BDSM lifestyle.  (FYI- She hated the books for the control freak  problem too).  Now that took me off guard but apparently it's big around this area.  There are groups and stores and all kinds of weirdness.

imageimageimage
  • To be honest, I've never had any kind of sex like they do in the book. But I also wouldn't mind trying it either. Just when I feel more sexy and not pregnant. Haha
  • seannasmommy16 I read DH a few choice picked parts of the book and he just wasn't into it... a girl can try right??

imageimageimage
  • @LittleLady77 My dh is very into pain and things like that. But I'm very boring when it come to sexual things, I hate to admit it.. I'm kinda hoping these books will do us some good after I have the baby. I'm not feeling sexy enough for the things that are in this book. Haha
  • I read it when I was pregnant with DD and it didn't amp up my sex life either (as in the amount of sex we were having, not the type of sex).

Married 3.14.09
    DS born 8.20.10
    MC 7.11.11
    DD born 5.24.12
    #3 EDD 4.02.14
  • weird leading men in stupid doesn't-deserve-its-cult-following books i've never bothered to read?

neither.  yuck.

(wow, i sound like tons of fun!!)
  • I can't believe nobody wants there own twlight wolf. He's still warm, protecting and becomes a cuddly dog.

Pregnancy Ticker

10 year old boy - April 13th 2003
    MMC Feb 20th - May 20th finished naturally
    BFP on July 25th 2013 LMP June 28th 2013

And they are doing a TV series!!!!!! Google it, the guy playing Jamie does look hot!!

Love love these books!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • How about Magic Mike? Owwww owwww!
  • I'd meet Christan Grey in the red room. Just Saying!
  • Mhmm!!! Maybe not all of his toys.. But Christian gray in any room would be nice :)
  • Sirius black.

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

• I would rather try to hug a wet cat.
    photo ee249d6c-880a-4eb4-bc43-d6ab1f9fe662.jpg
  • The one thing that drove me nuts is that book one of 50 was THE SAME EXACT formula as book 1 of twilight. 'Smart', shy,introvert, pretty but doesnt know it girl meets too good to be true guys who is mad about her but fighting it, she finds out he is 'bad' but doesnt care, he tries to push her away for her own good...ect. ect. ect. Now I did read both series and hey it entertained me and numbed the brain for a bit, but yeah, wouldnt put them on my 'recommended reading list'.

POS+April 2009-M/c May 2009, POS+July 2009-M/c Aug 2009, POS+ Novemeber 2009 -Baby Boy Charlie DOB 07/06/2010, POS+July 2011-M/c and D&C Aug 2011, POS+Dec 2011 -Baby Boy Ethan DOB 07/27/2012, POS+Aug 2013-TWIN BOYS! Jack and Miles born March 23rd 2014!!

">image
  • Sadist Control Freak with Weird Mommy Issues vs Undead Control Freak Who Is One Boob-Grab Away From Draining Your Blood Supply?

Um. Neither.

DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • I will take Fitzwilliam Darcy over them any day!

BabyFruit Ticker

• I will take Fitzwilliam Darcy over them any day!

One thousand times over!
    DD 2/21/2012 & DS 4/1/2014
  • Never read twilight and only read 50 shades because my best friend wanted me to read it, I actually skipped pages in the 2nd and 3rd books of 50 shades because it was so repetitive. I think it should have been one book and that's it, the end got a little weird, I didn't feel like it flowed like a really good book does, I put it down and was like finally. Now if anyone wants to talk Hunger Games....those books I couldn't put down and was sad when I finished reading them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"