December 2013 Moms

Baby socks...that don't fall down or off.

It's like asking where I can get a unicorn. 

Anybody have a brand of sock that they like? I know that they all fall off, etc. but I haven't bought baby socks in 9 years!

Re: Baby socks...that don't fall down or off.

• thesportsgalthesportsgal member
    edited September 2013
    My sister told me Carter's but I'm sure you've tried those. She told me they were the only ones that didn't fall off of her kids.

• Loading the player...
  • I like the old navy ones. They fall off the least.

• I like the Robeez socks (not the shoes) for little babies because they have another band of elastic at the ankle and so don't fall off as much.

• Trumpettes were great when DD was a baby!
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DD would take them of as soon as she discovered she could. I would end up loosing them in stores and everywhere.
  • edited September 2013
    Trumpette and Jefferies

Edited to fix spelling
  • KFED103KFED103 member
    edited September 2013
    There ARE Carters socks that don't fall off but only a certain kind. I honestly swear by these. I'm going to find and post for you. They don't fall off. Scouts honor!

ETA: Found link on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000YAIHPG

. DS had 2 sets of these socks in each size :)

"Dont fucking ever come out your face talking shit like that" -SG 1/12/2014

• I think they might be even more elusive than unicorns.

I never found any I really liked. Gymboree socks probably held out the longest. I didn't worry too much with an end of May baby, but I guess it will be an issue with a winter baby.

Maybe baby legs over the top of the socks for a girl? Not a fan of baby legs on boys, though, but that's just me.

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• I like circo brand. Although, I am about to throw away all of CD's socks and start over with a giant pack of plain white ones because I can't get a matching pair.
  • I have no hopes of baby socks lasting long in my house...my dog is obsessed with socks. Even if I found a brand that didn't fall off, then dog actually steals them right off our feet. She is currently tossing a pair she stole off DHs feet. So alas...

Ahh my dog does the same thing. Dirty socks are his favorite...I have a feeling he's going to be obsessed with baby socks.

Baby Girl Cbowl born 12/2013.   Love love love.

• jamrosj said:
    I like circo brand. Although, I am about to throw away all of CD's socks and start over with a giant pack of plain white ones because I can't get a matching pair.
    I have this problem and ended up throwing away 15 unmatching socks.
    image  image

Lilypie - (Xzno)
    Lilypie - (WIG0)
  • I liked Gap socks. They stayed on pretty well.
  • I have a lot left from DD that I am figuring I saved because I liked them and they are in perfect condition but I have no clue what brand they are which makes my reply the least helpful.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• When they are really teeny tiny babies, Trumpette are the best! They will fit a NB when no others will. 

• Old Navy socks seem to work well. The thicker the sock, seems like the harder it is to keep it on. Carter's are the worst.

I think it must depend on the baby. We loved trumpette, Gymboree, and Carter's. The thick Old Navy socks did not stay on DD's feet at all.
    DD born March 2011
    DS born Dec 10, 2013
  • I have a different problem with socks. My DS has baby chub cankles (as opposed as to his mother's regular adult cankles) and socks tend to leave red marks around his little legs from the elastic. Socks suck.
  • Babies R Us have socks in a bin, and I swear by them! They are 1.00 as pair and do not fall off newborns feet, and stretchy so they fit for a Long time too!
  • SusanC111 said:
    When they are really teeny tiny babies, Trumpette are the best! They will fit a NB when no others will. 
    See, I HATED Trumpette when DD was younger. They were so big!
  • I bought Juicy Couture socks that looked likes shoes for my baby. I LOVED them, and they never fell off her feet!

• I like the gap and old navy socks but I bought some at target recently that I like as well.
  • The Children's Place socks are the only thing that have ever stayed on my DS
  • KateMW said:
    SusanC111 said:
    When they are really teeny tiny babies, Trumpette are the best! They will fit a NB when no others will. 
    See, I HATED Trumpette when DD was younger. They were so big!
    Dang!! Well my other option for you are from BRU but I can't find them on the website now because BRU sucks so bad. They came in a pack of 6 and were plain white, and they were the smallest socks ever! I look at them now and can't believe they ever fit my fat footed cankle baby.

• I bought nothing but Okie Dokie socks from JC Penney for probably the first year with DD.  They were awesome and never fell off.  I still have 50 pair (I liked getting a lot of different colors) that I would have reused if this one would have been a girl.  They've held up nicely.  I don't know if they still sell them since they've changed some things with their constant restructuring.

Here she is in one pair when she was 5 weeks w/ her great great grandmother.

photo b1f62123-e338-48e2-a2d8-373638902d4d.jpg 

• esf60esf60 member
    edited September 2013

@imrachellea said:

I have no hopes of baby socks lasting long in my house...my dog is obsessed with socks. Even if I found a brand that didn't fall off, then dog actually steals them right off our feet. She is currently tossing a pair she stole off DHs feet. So alas...

I thought I had the only sock monster! Our dog steals them anytime she can, especially after someone has worked out and a sweaty sock is on the bathroom floor. Of course I'm in the shower while she swipes it. She looks right at me mockingly before running under the bed with it. I can only imagine how many tiny socks I'm going to find under there...

• lol....sooo what i have learned from this thread is - you'll have to try them all because when one person swears by them, another hates them!  ;)

• Someone mentioned that Zutanos stay on. But no real life experience on this one! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmiller79 said:

The Children's Place socks are the only thing that have ever stayed on my DS

@KateMW, I 100% agree with this about Children's Place socks -- they are ALL I buy for DD anymore. And before a year or so, I've found Trumpette is the best for newborn/infant socks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"