Babies on the Brain

If you were really sick during your first pregnancy....

hsilvermhsilverm member
edited September 2013 in Babies on the Brain
Were you really sick the next time around? We are thinking of having another baby soon but I'm so scared of TTC again bc I had HG and couldn't keep any food down the first 20 weeks. I did hear "all pregnancies are different" but then I also hear "if you had it bad the first time, it just get worse each pregnancy". Anyone have it rough in one pregnancy but easier in the next? Also, if you were so sick to the point of having HG the second time, how did you care for your LO? TIA 

Re: If you were really sick during your first pregnancy....

• I also know someone who has been severely ill with all 3 of her pregnancies. She has been hospitalized and even had to have major dental work to repair the damage vomiting did to her teeth. She had a lot of help from her family and church family (very religious sect with lots of focus on the community aspect).

In my experience of normal all day sickness, it was only slightly worse the second time, and lasted two weeks longer (#1 was 16 weeks, #2 18 weeks).
  • I only puked once the first time around, I puked every day for like 4 months the second time around. It's really a waste of time to compare pregnancies even in your own body, because they can really vary, unless you have a medical condition, and even still, they can vary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • I was pretty sick for 6 months with my first. Dr concluded I was allergic to the iron in my prenatal vitamin. Switched to low-iron version and I was instantly better. Nauseous/queasy with my second for a few months but nothing like my first!
  • FWIW - I puked a lot with both, but the first time around was worse.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

"Oh, the silent majesty of a winter's morn, the clean, cool chill of the holiday air,
    an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"