Trying to Get Pregnant

How far up is the cervix?

Tweeks23Tweeks23 member
edited September 2013 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Edited and moved post over to FFFC!
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: How far up is the cervix?

• I know this question seems nuts but what is your DH is well endowed? 
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Even when your cervix is "open" during your fertile window, it is only open a centimeter or 2. 

JFC learn a little about your own body.  

• Huh? No. Penises can not go into the uterus. Neither can turkey basters. People use turkey basters as an alternative to sex, not as a form of IUI.
    ******************************************** siggy warning ******************************************

image image

Married July 2011 * TTC #1 since 8/12 * Me: 29 DH: 29
    21 Cycles TI: BFNs
    DX: Stage 2 Endo, uterine polyps and paratubal cysts removed
    2/14: IVF #1 Lupron Protocol = 12R/10M/9F, no frosties; transferred one 3BB blast = BFN
    4/14: IVF #2 Antagonist Protocol = 18R/16M/15F/6 frosties; transferred one 4BB blast = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (5/12) = 232 Beta #2 (5/16) = 886 Beta #3 (5/20) = 3168
    EDD 1/18/15 It's a BOY 

~~~~~~ All Are Welcome ~~~~~~

• The cervix has a fairly tight opening and kind of moves around to accommodate things, so no, it's not likely that a guy, even if he's super well-endowed, would actually push through into the ute.  You would know it if he did, because it would really hurt and you'd tell him to stop if he managed it!  But the cervix is almost always within reach of a finger, your vagina is usally around middle finger length from opening to cervix.  Sometimes, depending on where you are in your cycle or time of day, it can be lower or higher, but it's not just sitting there waiting to be opened by a peen, your vaginal wall actually stretches to make the room for it not your cervix.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Tweeks23 said:
    Edited and moved post over to FFFC!

Hey I thought it was a great question and answered it well and informatively!!

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• jcsumm0 said:

Even when your cervix is "open" during your fertile window, it is only open a centimeter or 2. 

She's trying, thus the question.  Cut her a little slack maybe, this isn't an answer that just pops up on a google search! 

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• Tweeks23 said:
    So how far up is the cervix? When you have sex can a guy penetrate the cervix and get up into the uterus? I'm only asking b/c my Dr. was talking about IUI if if 6 more months we are unsuccessful in TTC. I always hear people talk about the "tukey baster" method, and wondered if people actually do that.
    QFP
    Thank you @slappalicious!
  • gscoville said:
    jcsumm0 said:

Even when your cervix is "open" during your fertile window, it is only open a centimeter or 2. 

She's trying, thus the question.  Cut her a little slack maybe, this isn't an answer that just pops up on a google search! 
    It wasn't popping up in my google search, so thank you!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Why move this over to FFFC? It isn't a confession.
    B/c its probably something I should know but don't. I'm not sure what QFP means
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Tweeks23 said:
    Why move this over to FFFC? It isn't a confession.

Quoted for Posterity.  Deleting posts isn't looked upon very favourably on these boards, so we make a point of quoting original posts in case they're deleted.  For future reference, just leave a post, not delete it.  You never know if someone else is wondering the same question and could be helped by your post, deleting it makes that help unavailable.

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• For some reason I though QFP meant Quit Fucking Posting.  :D
    LOLOLOLOL!
  • Im cunfuzzled...I thought OP was a poster that had children....maybe I am losing my damn mind? 

Pardon me if i'm wrong and mixing people up... 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Spookster said:
    Im cunfuzzled...I thought OP was a poster that had children....maybe I am losing my damn mind? 

Pardon me if i'm wrong and mixing people up... 
    No that is me. What I meant to ask was could a guy who is well endowed enter the cervix and get into the uterus. After reading more I'm seeing that is no.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Ah, my husband is packing below the belt and sometimes I get minor light bleeding and it feels like hes hit something and I was told by my dr. that most likley it's from the cervix being irritated. Not everyones cervix is positioned the same either ;) 
    **~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• gscoville said:
    jcsumm0 said:

Yeah, but you know how you can find out how far up it is?  Stick your finger up there!  Read a FF tutorial.  OP has 2 kids, you'd think she'd felt her own cervix at this point.  Or thought about how it fells to dilate to 10 cm when you give birth.

Maybe I'm just angry today, but this question is just nutty in my mind. 

• jcsumm0 said:
    gscoville said:
    jcsumm0 said:

Yeah, but you know how you can find out how far up it is?  Stick your finger up there!  Read a FF tutorial.  OP has 2 kids, you'd think she'd felt her own cervix at this point.  Or thought about how it fells to dilate to 10 cm when you give birth.

I have two kids and both were c-sec b/c after 12 hrs of labor they wouldn't come out! So yes, I did dilate but they never came out that way.
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• I'll admit that when I'm checking for my CP, I can't ever feel it. Ever. I've stuck my middle finer in as far as it goes and I've never found it. So I gave up trying. I tried squatting, putting one leg on the toliet, stand straight. I am the worst at checking CP. 
  • mmb248 said:
    Tweeks23 said:
    Why move this over to FFFC? It isn't a confession.
    Quoting for posterity. 

Or prosperity:
    I CAN'T WAIT FOR EASTBOUND AND DOWN TO START AGAIN! YAYAYAYAY! 

That is all. 
  • Ask me about bed rest, short/ incompetent cervix, preterm labor, I am your girl!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• jcsumm0 said:
    gscoville said:
    jcsumm0 said:

I'd never felt my cervix before TTC, and I have a vaginally-born child.  Until I found this site, and through googling and finding the site beautiful cervix project, I didn't have the foggiest idea of what my cervix was even like.  That site, and the helpful ladies here, was how I learned how to find it for checking CM/CP, before I had no clue. 

imageimage

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I'm not defending OP, but remember, just because someone has had kids doesn't mean they know what's going on.

I have two kids .... 4 total pregnancies. Felt my cervix for the first time a couple months ago.

Fucking bump!!!!
  • Tweeks23 said:
    Ask me about bed rest, short/ incompetent cervix, preterm labor, I am your girl!!
    Oh and colic and reflux...I'm a pro at those too!
    IAmPregnant Ticker

• Not such a bad question really. Theoretically if something has an opening, then something "can" go through it. Sex however, unless you are mating a jackhammer, shouldn't cause that to happen. Though I know of weirder things that have happened that "shouldn't" lol

~*~ TTC Baby #2 ~*~
    Me: 30 
    DF: 29 DS: 10
    Angel Babies: July, September, and December 2013

My Ovulation Chart

• lovelym13 said:
    I'll admit that when I'm checking for my CP, I can't ever feel it. Ever. I've stuck my middle finer in as far as it goes and I've never found it. So I gave up trying. I tried squatting, putting one leg on the toliet, stand straight. I am the worst at checking CP. 

I'm so glad you said that. I thought I was the only one with this problem.
  • I've only felt mine because I was checking for my Mirena string... and goddamn that girl is hard to get to! I have no idea when I actually start TTC if I'll be able to do that all the time... 
  • Seriously Soupie. You are losing street cred with questions like these.

• I've put my fingers in there only a few times (I don't like stimulating myself that way).  I use ob tampons so I do it then, but I have no idea what my cervix feels like or where to find it.  I have two children; I never needed to know where my cervix was to have them.  Although I did know that penises can't go in there :)

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Check out beautifulcervix.com I legit discovered it this morning and was slightly horrified yet also amazed.
    Married since April 2011-Homeowners since January 2012-TTC since June 2012
    Welcomed DS June 2014
  • This question reminds me of that post on first tri where the girl asked if she can have sex while pregnant because if her baby is a girl it might get pregnant

wow, just wow.
  • I'm a mom of two and still haven't felt my cervix (and I'm a nurse so know how to check it) because I have a retroverted uterus thus my cervix always stays posterior even during delivery. And let me tell you having cervical checks done with a posterior cervix and the nurses/docs trying to "pull" it down to check dilation and effacement--pretty much sucked worse than the labor. AND the nurses kept telling me it wasn't time because my cervix was still posterior, idiots. IT ALWAYS IS DAMNIT!!!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"