1st Trimester

Who's working out?

Just yesterday I finally pulled myself off my ever-growing ass and popped in the workout video (cause there's no way I'm going to a gym!). I did it again today and it's not so bad. Actually felt pretty good.

If you haven't done anything yet, then I recommend Gabrielle Reese's The Complete Fit Pregnancy Video. There's a 15 min workout for each month of pregnancy plus a warm up and cool down. Not so bad.?

Re: Who's working out?

• probably none of you since jumping up and down will kill the baby.
  • and who's lying about working out just so you can look cool on your board??
  • Loading the player...
  • I walk on the tredmill for 30 a day.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageNeudorfer:
    probably none of you since jumping up and down will kill the baby.

LMFAO.    

• That would cause shaken baby syndrom!!!!

• I've just been walking on the treadmill...it's not my normal routine...but it's all I feel up to right now.
  • imageNeudorfer:
    probably none of you since jumping up and down will kill the baby.

omg!!! lol

• I've continued to work out like I normally do. ?Running, lifting, pull ups, push ups, stretching.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I do ab exercises still with my yoga ball and do arm resistance work with the elastic band for it.  I want a good pre-natal workout DVD since we don't have a gym in our apartment at this new place (and I refuse to pay for a gym membership nor pay a lesser fee to work out on my lunch break on campus and be nasty the rest of the day at the office).

I've never done yoga before, but I think I want a pre-natal yoga work out because I hope to stay natural for the birth, and I hear the stretches and poses really help your muscles and joints learn to relax, which you have to make them do during labor.  Anyone have good pre-natal yoga workout DVDs to recommend?

• Headed to the gym today to go (slowly) on the elliptical for half an hour. I also walk the dogs a few times a day (mostly so they don't poop in the house but a little so I can have some exercise).
  • I am trying to go three times a week.  But it is tough because I feel like crap.  I have a trainer I see sometimes and so that is hopefully going to help with keeping muscle tone.
  • I try and ride a stationary bike, elliptical or walk on the treadmill for 30-40 minutes 4-5 days a week.  I did a light weight-lifting routine on Saturday, but haven't done it since.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "and who's lying about working out just so you can look cool on your board??"

?Hysterical! Working out=looking cool?? I never knew!??

• working out? I work out my arms as I lift food from my plate to my mouth...working out is overrated..boo hisss

• OMG! actually exercising is worse for the baby than say, hula dancing! shaken baby sydrome at its worst!
  • I'll be honest, I don't work out at this point. I'm way too tired.
  • DSteed- definitely try prenatal yoga! I've always enjoyed yoga, but I definitely think it helped w/ keeping in shape, and then I was blessed w/ an easy delivery.I believe I used the Crunch dvd?

I make it to the gym twice/wk and use the eliptical and bike, for about a total of 30 min. I also stretch and do abs on the ball. I'll also be getting a new prenatal workout video- my old one was never returned to me. Then I'll be working out 3/4 times/wk. It's hard getting to the gym w/ a toddler!

• I have been trying to walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical 35-40 minutes a few times a week. I have also lifted light weights a few times. I just got a dvd from netflix that I am going to try too. I find when I work out it helps my energy a little.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDanielle43043:
    I'll be honest, I don't work out at this point. I'm way too tired.

Ditto!  I plan to start again though once this extreme fatigue and m/s has worn off a little.

• I'm still working out.  I worked out all the way up to the day before DD was born in my last pg so I'm doing the same this pg.  I teach spin classes twice a week and I'm trying to run 10-12 miles a week.  My running has slowed considerable but I'm still feeling comfortable doing it.
  • I try and get my butt to the gym three times a week but the month before i got prego i was not working out at all so it is hard getting back into it. So i do elptical and treadmill and prenatal yoga at home.
  • I am still biking 4 days a week (today even).  If I don't my energy goes to crap really quick.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i try to walk on the treadmill at least every other day..ive been so tired lately its hard to get the motivation too get off my ass!!
    VOTE on my Name List Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"