Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Vanishing Twin

Hi all:

I've been lurking since I found out I was pregnant and I'm not sure where to post this but; I am now 10 weeks and I have a threatened abortion.  I had a first ultrasound at 7 weeks (I was out of the country when I found out I was pregnant).  At that time they noticed two different sacs, one with a heartbeat, the other was empty, they said it was more than likely a twin gestation with the unfortunate demise of one.  So both good and sad news :).

The other one is growing and everything looks good, but I have been bleeding, it goes from dark brown to bright red and back.  When it's bright red it's heavy and then it decreases over time.  Sometimes I pass clots other times I don't.  My doctor believes my body has miscarried /passing one but the other one is hanging in there, but the chances of keeping the other one are 50/50 right now.  I'm cramping and bleeding now.  I'm on pelvic and moderate bed rest.  Has anyone out there ever had this happen?  If so what were your symptons?  Thanks for your help /advice :)

Re: Vanishing Twin

• I haven't had this happen, but I know there is a lady on 2nd Tri who has had that happen. Maybe there you can get some support and advice. I wish you all the luck in the world! (I'm not sure of her name, but I'm sure they will help you if you ask on there.)
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • imageshaysmom05:
    I haven't had this happen, but I know there is a lady on 2nd Tri who has had that happen. Maybe there you can get some support and advice. I wish you all the luck in the world! (I'm not sure of her name, but I'm sure they will help you if you ask on there.)

Ditto. I remember seeing her a few weeks ago. If you want to you can also try the success after a loss board too. I've seen her there before too. The ladies on that board are all very nice. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for the loss of your baby.  I actually have had two friends in the last couple of years get pg w/twins and lose one of them.  Both conceived their twins via IVF, though that's not overly relevant.  They both went on to have their single babies grow strong & healthy following their loss.  I wish you the best with your pregnancy. 
  • I have not heard of this before.  I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss of one of your babies -- I can't even imagine what you are going through right now.  Big hugs to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks so much to all of you!  It's hard and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the little one still there holds on :).  While doing research on the internet I found it's more common that I thought.  Thanks again for your help :)
  • I have a friend who had this happen with her first IVF pregnancy and her daughter is 3.  I'm not sure if she had any bleeding though. 

Good luck.  I'm sure this is stressful.  

• Very interesting and sad stories, mine weren't IVF, maybe this is why I'm having these symptoms?  Thanks again for all the support :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"