November 2013 Moms

Stay at home mom?

Hello ladies!
So I'm gonna be staying at home when I have the baby. I don't know if I'm excited or not. Well for the most part of course I want to spend every second with my baby. But then would I be okay with not working? Any stay at home moms out there ?

Re: Stay at home mom?

• I'm a SAHM and love it. I love that I can have a really close bond with my child and I don't miss out on anything he does such as first time crawling or walking or playing with crayons stuff like that. Plus my son makes me laugh constantly from all the silly stuff he does. He's 1 as of last weekend and ive gotten to see How much he's changed and grow with him. I'm his favorite person and I love that
  • I'll be staying home with DD and can't wait! It will suck not having my own money or being able to help with expenses... But I think being there with my daughter will outweigh that. Not to mention that I plan on EBF and cloth tapering, so it'll just be easier.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Loading the player...
  • I worked up until DS was 11 months.  We moved so I knew I would be home with him for a while.  I just started working again and DS was 20 months when this happened.  I've been in both shoes and while some people love to be SHAMS, it wasn't my favorite thing.  It could have had a lot to do with our location, lack of friends, etc.  But we would many times be stuck in the house Mon-Fri while DH worked with no car and no where to go becaue it rains so much.  I loved being with DS but socialy it put him back.

Daycare has been amazing for him and he truly gets so much more from daycare than he does with me all day. 

Everyones situation is different and everyone strives for different things.  I say try it out and if you miss working or whatever else then re-evaluate what you are doing.  GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been a SAHM since Jan 2010 when DS1 was born.  

There are days when it gets tedious, monotonous and a little boring, but that's all because that's how I'm making it.  I am in charge of everything.  It doesn't have to be that way at all.  We can do whatever we want -- movement, music, library, park, explore, get dirty, stay indoors, crafts, etc.  Skies the limit.  I like that.  

Also, because we are part of a couple of larger groups of friends, plus, our neighborhood is filled with small children, I never feel like my kids are isolated.  I also took in a boy who is a year older than DS1.  I am a "nanny" as he's the only non-biological child in my care, but he is part of our family.  He gets dropped off at 8am, and he participates in whatever we have going on during the day until his parents pick him up.  It's easy money, and my DS1 has really enjoyed having him around.

I don't have any qualms about money as I am in charge of the budget and have a very equal relationship with my DH.  WE chose this lifestyle, it didn't HAPPEN to us.  Since we're both very much in favor of me SAH there is no tension about finances, nor is there any guilt about what I do or don't do with the kids all day long.

In short, I love it.  

Another factor that played into our decision is the fact that I've never LOVED any of my jobs.  I could take them or leave them.  This "job" is completely the opposite.  I love it.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  :) 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I've been a SAHM since Jan 2010 when DS1 was born.  

There are days when it gets tedious, monotonous and a little boring, but that's all because that's how I'm making it.  I am in charge of everything.  It doesn't have to be that way at all.  We can do whatever we want -- movement, music, library, park, explore, get dirty, stay indoors, crafts, etc.  Skies the limit.  I like that.  

Also, because we are part of a couple of larger groups of friends, plus, our neighborhood is filled with small children, I never feel like my kids are isolated.  I also took in a boy who is a year older than DS1.  I am a "nanny" as he's the only non-biological child in my care, but he is part of our family.  He gets dropped off at 8am, and he participates in whatever we have going on during the day until his parents pick him up.  It's easy money, and my DS1 has really enjoyed having him around.

I don't have any qualms about money as I am in charge of the budget and have a very equal relationship with my DH.  WE chose this lifestyle, it didn't HAPPEN to us.  Since we're both very much in favor of me SAH there is no tension about finances, nor is there any guilt about what I do or don't do with the kids all day long.

In short, I love it.  

Another factor that played into our decision is the fact that I've never LOVED any of my jobs.  I could take them or leave them.  This "job" is completely the opposite.  I love it.  I wouldn't trade it for anything.  :) 
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I think it's great for the kids if you can do it, but it's not for everyone. I've loved every minute (ok most of them) getting so close to my charges and I look forward to the wake experience with my daughter. I know what their working parents are missing out on and it's very sad. However, so people just can't handle it. Someone posted just yesterday into UO thread that she can't wait for summer to be over with to be done being a SAHM.if you're nervous, try to make connections now that will get you connected with other SAHMs. Meetup, local bump board, library play groups are all good places to start.

• I am a SAHM since 2010. I love it !! Some days are challaging now that my son is almost 3 because there's no break but it still out weighs not being with him all day. I love it. I think it can only work if your husband doesn't throw in your face your not working and doesn't make you feel as if its his money. I have friends that do that and it seems very hard. My husband says all the time you work hard and going back to work would be easier. He never makes me feel bad he loves that I can be with my son. If you have that in your relationship I think it will work !!! It's amazing !!
  • Well, try it! It's not like you can't change your mind.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"