Trying to Get Pregnant

Am I pregnant?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive since April. I am 23 yrs old. I brought a pregnancy test with me when we flew from VA to CO. Then while in CO this month, after being a week and two days late for my period, I took the equate version of E.P.T and got a negative result. Two days later I took another one and got another negative. Three days later, now two weeks late for starting my period, I took the equate version of First Response and got a faint line for positive. Two days later I took the second First Response test and it quickly turned positive and a darker line than the last one.
I used first morning urine with all of the tests. My husband thinks the first two tests were probably damaged some how during our air travel be it from the x-rays at security or the pressure and altitude changes during the flight. What do you think?

Re: Am I pregnant?

• Nevermind. MUD.

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • I think you should see your doctor and find out for sure
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• I don't believe the air travel and x-rays damaged the tests. You may have just ovulated later than expected. If you took 2 tests so far and they're both positive, you're pregnant. 
  • You just weren't pregnant yet when you took the negative tests. Now you are.

TTC#1 since May 2012. Low AMH, High FSH.
    Factor II (Prothrombin) Mutation
    TTGP Award Best PIP 2013 & 2014

My Chart

• tigger99 said:

dlsexton said:

I think you should see your doctor and find out for sure

Why? she can just take another test and if it is positive then OMG she is KU! Wow it is amazing like that!

Because if this isn't MUD, it's the next logical step rather than asking here
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers">AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
    Formerly dlsexton
    BFP #1 Dec 2010 ~ Blighted Ovum Jan 2011 @ 11wks D&C Jan '11 & Mar '11
    BFP #2 July 2011 ~ Miss Amelia born 3/30/12 @ 41 weeks!
    BFP #3 July 2013 ~ M/C Aug 2013 @ 5.5 weeks
    BFP #4 Oct 2013 ~ Miss Lydia born 6/3/14 @ 36 weeks!

• **Smacks my hand on my forehead**  

I mean you got two positive pregnancy tests and you are asking a bunch of internet strangers to look into your uterus and tell you if your actually pregnant?  I'm fairly sure the two positive tests you took already answered this ridiculous question. 

Move onto the first tri board.  
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• She can't be serious. Someone tell me she's not serious.

You got two BFPs on your HPT and you're asking Internet strangers if you're pregnant? Please, lets all bust out our magical telescopes that see through the Internet and into your Ute to tell you whether or not you're KTFU.

Oh, the bump doesn't give those out when you sign up? They really should.

This is stupid.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Two lines on a pregnancy test = pregnant. :-/

Anniversary

My husband and I tied the knot on June 29th, 2013

First pregnancy: BFP- 10/23/09. EDD- 06/30/09. MC- 11/23/09

TTC #1 since August 2013: Hooray!

DX: PCOS 9/23/13

• If 'X-rays' don't harm you when you travel, they certainly won't harm a flippin' pregnancy test! As for if you're pregnant or not, if you aren't believing those positives I'll just grab a Ouija board and ask the spirits to guide us on this one. My ute goggles aren't working today.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• kristine526kristine526 member
    edited August 2013
    My husband and I have been trying to conceive since April. I am 23 yrs old. I brought a pregnancy test with me when we flew from VA to CO. Then while in CO this month, after being a week and two days late for my period, I took the equate version of E.P.T and got a negative result. Two days later I took another one and got another negative. Three days later, now two weeks late for starting my period, I took the equate version of First Response and got a faint line for positive. Two days later I took the second First Response test and it quickly turned positive and a darker line than the last one. I used first morning urine with all of the tests. My husband thinks the first two tests were probably damaged some how during our air travel be it from the x-rays at security or the pressure and altitude changes during the flight. What do you think?

Quoting for posterity.
    Anniversary
  • Go away.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• You arent very bright are you? You got 2 positives and now your just not sure if your pregnant...hmm well if you dont trust your positive tests then just keep testing maybe something will click.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • gscoville said:

If 'My ute goggles aren't working today.

Ute goggles! I'll have to remember that! :-)
    Anniversary
  • *headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

*headdesk*

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Omg I want to say mean things. Pms symptoms are rearing. Your pregnant.

• I think you are pregnant.
  • Wildfire2011Wildfire2011 member
    edited August 2013
    EDIT: I forgot about the title of the post.  From actually reading the post, I had a different impression. SO just ignore this and I don't need 50 posts telling me about the title. Thanks.  I know, that's what I get for giving anyone some slack or benefit of the doubt. 

Honestly guys, I don't think she's asking us if she's pregnant so you all don't have go so crazy over that.  She does have the positive tests now.  I think she was just confused as to why it took so long to get a positive and thus the theory that perhaps somehow the earlier tests were faulty/damaged (which is unlikely - if the control line worked, it should be functioning properly).  OP, you most likely did just ovulate a little later than you normally would, so it took longer than you expected to get a positive test. 

Also OP - I know you were new, but people on the "trying to get pregnant" board don't like it when a new person comes on and mentions a positive test and/or wants confirmation of a positive test from others.  It just rubs people the wrong way since most people who are active around here are not pregnant themselves but would really like to be.  Just go ahead and check out the first trimester board or your birth month club board from now on.
  • Honestly guys, I don't think she's asking us if she's pregnant so you all don't have go so crazy over that.  She does have the positive tests now.  I think she was just confused as to why it took so long to get a positive and thus the theory that perhaps somehow the earlier tests were faulty/damaged (which is unlikely - if the control line worked, it should be functioning properly).  OP, you most likely did just ovulate a little later than you normally would, so it took longer than you expected to get a positive test. 

Also OP - I know you were new, but people on the "trying to get pregnant" board don't like it when a new person comes on and mentions a positive test and/or wants confirmation of a positive test from others.  It just rubs people the wrong way since most people who are active around here are not pregnant themselves but would really like to be.  Just go ahead and check out the first trimester board or your birth month club board from now on.
    Except the title of her post is "Am I pregnant?", so that's exactly what she asked.

**Siggy/Ticker Warning**   

TTC #1 since May 2012

May 2013: First R.E. appointment

DH: SA is good

May 2013: CD3 Blood work-normal
               June 2013: Hsg-Right tube blocked

July 26, 2013: Starting Follistim for IVF #1

August 2013: IVF #1 Cancelled- Abnormal embryos

October/November 2013: IVF #2 w/ICSI

November 8, 2013: Transferred two early blasts (no frosties) 

November 18, 2013: First EVER BFP! 

Beta#1: 91  Beta#2: 288

1st U/S- 5w2d Saw yolk sac!

3rd U/S- 7w4d HB of 157bpm!

TEAM BLUE!

http://movingtolight.blogspot.com/

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Fine then, I stand corrected.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I wish I had this "problem".

• We should ban post that start with am I pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"