Parenting after a Loss

Baby Clothing Anonymous

Hi, my name is Jessica, and I'm addicted to baby clothing!

Am I the only one? I can't be, can I? It's all just so darn cute! DH and I were out this past Friday, and I needed a sleeveless onesie as an undershirt for B's baptism. I went into Baby Gap and got the undershirt, but also left with 2 other outfits! Why does it all have to be so adorable? My biggest problem is I'm running out of room for all these clothes- I know, I know, total FWP.

Are any of you other mamas addicted to baby clothes? Please join me!

PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
 Lilypie - (KAFM)

Re: Baby Clothing Anonymous

• Yup.  I have SO many clothes for DS.. and, he grows like a weed so I'm constantly buying more because he's outgrown what I've already bought!!! He's 10mos and wearing 18-24mos already!!

I justify it by saying since we're having another boy at the same season (and, probably also a chubber, too!!), the clothes will get the use!

I also have 2 nephews, and have gotten tons of hand-me-downs from them, too!! DS's closet (a full walk in!), and 2 dressers are all stacked full =)

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • I totally am... and people keep giving me stuff but i buy clothes anyway lol
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageMichbot12:

imageShaungela:
    I totally am... and people keep giving me stuff but i buy clothes anyway lol

This!  I wish people wouldn't buy me clothes!  I feel like I have to dress DD in them to show we appreciate it, even though they may not be what I would pick, and I feel like a wasted a day when she could have been in something I thought was cuter!  I know that is ungrateful but what I would really like are some diapers, not another frilly outfit that is so not our taste and really could use an ironing before wearing....  I am so not ironing baby clothes...

This!!!!! DS has a couple of really cute plaid button ups -- but, they wash like crap!! And, I refuse to iron them!! I don't even iron my own clothes!

Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • imageJulyMomma2U2:
    imageMichbot12:

imageShaungela:
    I totally am... and people keep giving me stuff but i buy clothes anyway lol

This!  I wish people wouldn't buy me clothes!  I feel like I have to dress DD in them to show we appreciate it, even though they may not be what I would pick, and I feel like a wasted a day when she could have been in something I thought was cuter!  I know that is ungrateful but what I would really like are some diapers, not another frilly outfit that is so not our taste and really could use an ironing before wearing....  I am so not ironing baby clothes...

This!!!!! DS has a couple of really cute plaid button ups -- but, they wash like crap!! And, I refuse to iron them!! I don't even iron my own clothes!

Seriously, i throw everything in the dryer if its wrinkled...  

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• MJM3108MJM3108 member

imageMichbot12:
    YES!  I will definitely join you.  I think I get on the Baby Gap, Old Navy, and Carters websites daily, not to mention I check Zulily every morning too!  Now the DD is growing so much she is going through clothes like crazy and it makes me sick how much stuff she already doesn't fit in to that she didn't wear or only wore once.  You would think this would stop me from all the shopping but it doesn't.  I have a ton of dresses for her and they all seem too dressy for every day so she rarely gets to wear the cutest stuff I have for her.  I take pictures of her almost daily to record the cuteness so I'm not the only one who gets to see it!

Old Navy and Baby Gap are like my crack, lol! I love Zulily, too. I'm so bad about Gap, that when we got home from B's baptism yesterday and were going through all the gifts, when I saw we got a Gap gift card, I hopped right onto their mobile site and got him 2 pairs of jammies (they were only $18 each if I bought 2) and an adorable romper!

DH says I need an intervention, but really, he's my biggest enabler. If we need to run to the baby store for something, on the way there I prep myself- "Okay, Jess, all we need is _____ today. No more clothing! Just stay out of that section." DH laughs at me, and then when we get there, he will inevitably head over to the clothing section and start picking things up saying- "Oh, this is really cute." and "Hey look at this!" Totally not fair!

You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

• imagemrsjessicamitchell:

Old Navy and Baby Gap are like my crack, lol! I love Zulily, too. I'm so bad about Gap, that when we got home from B's baptism yesterday and were going through all the gifts, when I saw we got a Gap gift card, I hopped right onto their mobile site and got him 2 pairs of jammies (they were only $18 each if I bought 2) and an adorable romper!

DH says I need an intervention, but really, he's my biggest enabler. If we need to run to the baby store for something, on the way there I prep myself- "Okay, Jess, all we need is _____ today. No more clothing! Just stay out of that section." DH laughs at me, and then when we get there, he will inevitably head over to the clothing section and start picking things up saying- "Oh, this is really cute." and "Hey look at this!" Totally not fair!

the problem with Zulily (which i love and order from anyway) is shyt takes FOREVER!!! 

~Formerly~AngnShaun~

Follow Me on Pinterest

imageimage

• I'm find baby clothing so cute too! Right now, I'm loving these tumsies, which are these special onesies that comes in the cutest prints. They are so soft and comfortable too! After I got these, I stopped getting basic, boring, white onesies. You should check them out here - www.tumsie.com

- Michelle
  • Hi, my name is s0ulchicken, and I too, am addicted to baby clothing.

Seriously, I've bought stuff all the way up to 24 months, and have it stored in Rubbermaid tubs.If I don't stop soon, I am going to run out of room before they're 1!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yup, me too! Ive become a huge baby gap snob. But...if I get the stuff in clearance it's usually cheaper than other places. Gap knows how to do a good discount! Plus I have a boy and it is so much harder to find cute clothes without them all having animals plastered over the butts.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 6.19.11 ~ EDD 2.23.12 ~ CP on 6.22.11
    BFP #2 7.23.11 ~ EDD 3.28.12 ~ MC on 8.16.11
    BFP #3 11.17.11~ EDD 7.31.12 ~ MC on 1.18.12
    BFP #4 4.12.12 ~ EDD 12.25.12~ Born on 12.26.12
  • pangnl79 said:

Yup, me too! Ive become a huge baby gap snob. But...if I get the stuff in clearance it's usually cheaper than other places. Gap knows how to do a good discount! Plus I have a boy and it is so much harder to find cute clothes without them all having animals plastered over the butts.

I live at the Gap and Children's Place. Both of my boys were different seasons so other than some PJs and onesies it was new stuff. I have 2 closets and dressers filled with stuff. What's bad is I do grocery shopping at Walmart and Meijers and both of the stores have the baby stuff by the food, so I can't help it. They have cute boy clothes too without the animals on the butt.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Omigosh, yes. And it's especially bad because I can't actually afford new baby clothes for DD, let alone the super cute stuff at Baby Gap and OshKosh. They're my favorites, and the jammies from The Children's Place! Drool. I try to shop at Once Upon a Child whenever I can, and DD has gotten a lot of high-end hand-me-downs from a mama in my mom's group. She is only stylin' because this mama is so kind! 

imageimageimageTTC since 07/11 | natural m/c 08/11 | BFP 12/6/2011 | Elinor Anna born 8/18/2012 | BFP #2 1/16/2014
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hahaha! This thread got resurrected! I am still addicted to baby clothes, but I am celebrating almost 1 month "clean" lol! We have recently received masses of hand me downs, so I've been behaving myself.... ;)
    You Made me a mommy... 

Lilypie - (KAFM)

• I am! Thankfully DD is petite so she's getting lots of wear out of her clothes. She is just barely into 3-6 months at almost 5 months. But there are so many clothes in that size, she can probably go two weeks without repeating an outfit. Now I am trying to only buy 12 plus months.
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"