3rd Trimester

Shifting Ribs

I was asked to be in a wedding that will be 9 months after my due date. I plan on having a personal trainer asap to get back to a reasonable weight/shape. I purposefully ordered my dress a size larger than pre pregnancy because of bust measurements ... But am worried about my ribs returning to their normal spot because they've already spread over 2 inches. Do ribs eventually go back together or do they stay spread apart much like hips tend to do??

I had to order my dress so early because they are discontinued. So if it doesn't fit by next June I'm screwed.

Re: Shifting Ribs

• I've never really measured my rib cage, but in theory they should go back to their previous position because the baby isn't pushing all of your intestines up into your chest cavity.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHFrizzle:
    I've never really measured my rib cage, but in theory they should go back to their previous position because the baby isn't pushing all of your intestines up into your chest cavity.

This..that's been my experience.

• Loading the player...
  • Lurking around...but mine never went back after DS1.  When I wear a bikini, you can see them sticking out where they meet my sternum.  Sad
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I would just wait until Next April to get the dress fitted and altered to get it as close as possible without worrying about getting the dress back in time.

imageimage
  • This might be a dumb idea, but you could ask your doctor about wearing a shaping corset (Like a steel-boned "waist training" type of corset). That might encourage your ribs to go back where they belong...
    "Your accent is horrible and your grammar not much better." "But apart from that-" "Also, it sounded like you were asking the baker how his penis is, which I don't think was your intention at all." "Ah. Best we stick to English, then." -James Lovegrove "The Age of Zeus"
  • I am not sure if your ribs will go back to their original position or not but just in case I would order the dress a little big around that area. It is easier/cheaper to take a dress in than to let it out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"