Babies: 3 - 6 Months

babies with sensitive skin

LO has developed some mild eczema. The pedi said to just bathe her twice a week and use lotion 2-3 times a day. Well, I used Aveeno baby on her yesterday and she broke out everywhere! Sigh. I tried a little bit of Seventh Generation on one spot last night and it seemed to be okay. To those with LOs with eczema or sensitive skin, what do you use?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: babies with sensitive skin

• My LO has sensitive skin and a little eczema as well. I saw the pedi yesterday and she said lots of lotion and to use Vaseline on the bad spots. 

She also told me to delay solids right now until close to 6 months because he might be prone to food allergies.  

• We use the aveeno eczema lotion, DS does great with it. We use the same wash for bath time as well.

• Loading the player...
  • We are big fans of Aquaphor around here.

image image
  • california baby sensitive shampoo and aquaphor lotion 2 times per day
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jbatchjbatch member
    My LO broke out when I used regular baby body wash or lotion. So I use the J&J Sensitive skin stuff and I have had no more problems.

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• We use California Baby - Sensitive Skin -- They make lotion and bath for babies with sensitive skin. Aveeno didn't work for us. This is the only stuff that works! Our little breaks out with Coconut Oil......
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • My DD had extrememly sensitive skin (J&J was like acid to her) and Aveno worked great. So I tried it on my son when he started getting rough patches and it gave him a horrible rash, so I used either espencial (it has the Eric Carle Caterpillar sketches on it) or oh baby! organic skincare products. Haven't had issues yet. But if you find one that works, stick with it. Switching it up too much can cause issues.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I started using Mustela's cold cream on my LO's dry rash and it worked great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aveeno eczema bath, and aquafore then cotton pjs.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Our pediatrician recommended aquaphor for babies for my DD's very sensitive skin as well. It works great for us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I went to bathing once a week and using California babies. For lotion we use that as well or little twig. I also had to start using a gentler laundry soap bi use rockin green. It's 15 or so bucks but it lasts forever. It's meant for cloth diapers but I found it stopped his break outs.
  • Bathe everyday, only cleaning the bum area with soap(Earth Mama Angel Baby) then Stelatopia (by mustela) everywhere.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • we use burt's bees products for baby wash and lotion. for bad spots we use aquaphor. i have kids with extremely dry skin and it's the only thing that works for us. my girls probably bathe 2 or 3 times a week, no more than every other day.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Our doc told us to get cetaphil. It works great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"