February 2013 Moms

Long drive with LO--tips please!

Okay ladies, I need all your best tips for taking a long drive with your LO. She will be close to 6 months and is EBF. It'll be just me and her and a 6-7 hour drive. TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~I have a baby in heaven 3-20-12~

Re: Long drive with LO--tips please!

• If you know your route because you've traveled it before, I would map out your stops in advance for diaper changes and feedings. If not, research where on the road you can stop for those things. I also pack a whole bunch of little toys that DS can hold and play with in the car seat to keep him occupied. Those mirrors you can velcro to the back seat so you can see LO from your review mirror are a big help, too.
  • Be mentally prepared that it will take longer to get there due to frequent stops and there may be times when she is unhappy.  Don't get frustrated or stressed if the trip is trying...just play some happy music!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJustinlove:
    Be mentally prepared that it will take longer to get there due to frequent stops and there may be times when she is unhappy.  Don't get frustrated or stressed if the trip is trying...just play some happy music!

Yes...I am expecting it to be 9-10 hours. Ugh! Hate those long car rides, but am so excited to visit family. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~I have a baby in heaven 3-20-12~
  • Can you drive at night?

This. We have a 6 hour drive coming up soon and we'll be leaving at about 6:30 pm. We did it once before and it worked out well, since it's his bed time. We've also left at 2 am, but I preferred leaving at night. It gave me the opportunity to sleep once we got there.

• We just did a 9 hr trip with our LO. We left at 8pm when she normally goes to bed, and she slept the entire time! Pretty much the same for the return trip! It was amazing. Good luck!

• Can you drive at night?

Agreed.  We just did 24 hours in a car, about 12 hours one way - with DS1 (2.5 yrs old) and DS2 (6 months).  We tried to do as much night driving as possible.  It was the only time we had guaranteed quiet.  DS2 HATES the car, so it was a challenge.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"