June 2013 Moms
Options

Light incision bleeding

I had a c-section 2 wks ago and last night I noticed blood on my underwear where the incision is.  Sure enough, towards one side of the incision, close to where I have the disolvable stitches poking out there was some bleeding...There isn't a lot of blood and it doesn't hurt.  I put some gauze over it with tape to save my clothes from being ruined.... Should I call the doctor or just watch it and see if it gets worse?  Being 2 wks out, I thought I'd basically be healed by now.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Light incision bleeding

• Options
    I would call.
    photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ameh13ameh13 member
    Call. Mine started bleeding 1 week out and it was infected. Hope everything turns out ok for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jefkjefk member
    One end of my incision is leaking pus.  I was really concerned and went to the doctor about it - she said it was fine, no infection.  I've been monitoring it and I'm going to ask about it again at my 6 week appt this week.
  • Options
    This happened with my first c/s; I had a dissolvable stitch poke me with very minor bleeding (like as if I nicked myself shaving).  I called the doctor that time just to make sure it wasn't anything serious.  He said it is similar to a small scrape on the surface of the skin and will heal just fine within a day, but had me come in anyway just to check because he could tell I was nervous.  His original thought was correct. Even by the time I got there that afternoon, it was healing.  This time around I've had no issues, I'm completely healed, and my scar is fading.  Just keep it clean by dabbing the area with warm water, keep it dry, and call your doctor if you feel nervous at all, but my guess is that it is fine.
  • Options
    nnjjnnjj member
    Call mine did and it was an infection.
  • Options
    jennOKjennOK member
    I would call. I've also had bleeding issues, which continue 5 weeks later. I have to go in twice a week to be monitored by the doctor for infection. Hope yours gets better soon.
  • Options
    I did call and spoke to the nurse on staff.  She said it was either that I did too much (probably true bc my husband was out of town) or drainage.  She said to just keep it clean and dry and to watch it.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"