June 2013 Moms

~*~ Tuesday's Getting Healthy Check-In ~*~

These Tuesdays just keep sneaking up on me! 

This check-in is not necessarily exercise-related - I know a lot of us are trying to eat healthier and give up bad habits thanks to the motivation of pregnancy/a new baby, so any kind of getting healthy is welcome here!

What did you do last week? 

What do you have planned for this week? 

What is your goal? 

QOTW: What is your favorite cereal?

And our leader-board for participation ...

7 weeks in a row for ktjayne1119 - way to go lady!

3 weeks back in the saddle for smellychelly25 - nearly to a whole month - keep it up!

And a warm welcome to mamainVA2013 and tttwalters!!  Hope to see you back this week!!

BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Re: ~*~ Tuesday's Getting Healthy Check-In ~*~

• jefkjefk member

I'd like to join!  I have my 6-week PP appointment tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get cleared to resume my normal exercise routine (jogging, yoga).  DD is about 5.5 weeks, born via c-section (she was 9lbs 2 oz!).  Recovery is slow but going well.

Last week - too hot to walk outside, but we did walk around the mall, if that counts.  Ate a lot of ice cream.

This week - hopefully walking outside Wed-Fri, if the weather holds.  Possibly jogging (solo, I don't have a jogging stroller) if I get the all clear from the doc.  Also hoping to stay ice-cream-free!

Goal -  I have 15 lbs to go until I hit my pre-preg weight, and I'd like to lose another 10 on top of that.  I know it'll be easier to lose weight once I get back to work in October (school librarian).

My favorite cereal is a toss-up between Raisin Bran and Honey Nut Cheerios. 

• Last week ran 4 miles every other day, feeling better and helping with some of the hormones I think. On my off days my emotions are a little more off balance.

This week I would like to run every day, but I seem to need a day to recover, things seem to be sore. I don't think biking is an option so I may try swimming on my off days instead. Also, like pp, maybe I will lay off the ice cream a bit too...

Goal to try and eat lunch every day this week, I seem to snack all day long, instead of actually eating a meal and would like to limit this!

Fav cereal I like quaker oat squares and chia seeds. However if captin crunch was good for you I would probably live off of it, that and fruit loops!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I want to join too!!

What did you do last week? Last week I started some of my harder at home dvd's and went for my first post baby run on Saturday. It was 89 degrees and miserable, and my pace was depressingly slow as compared to pre baby. But, really it just felt good to be running again.

What do you have planned for this week? Running more. And, adding another day so I'm up to 5 days a week. I've been logging in myfitnesspal again which helps keep me in check.

What is your goal?  It's lofty, but to be back at pre-preg weight by my anniversary. 18lbs by September 1st. And, to get back into good running shape so I can start training for a half marathon again.

QOTW: What is your favorite cereal? Hmm... cinnamon toast crunch or apple jacks I'd say.

• Can I join please!!

What did you do last week? Nothing!

What do you have planned for this week? I got released yesterday to start exercising but I have to take it slow since I had a C/S and my scar is taking its time to heal. 

What is your goal? To get back into shape. I've already lost my pregnancy weight plus an extra 11 lbs but I still don't fit into my regular clothes.  My goal for now is to lose another 20 lbs.

QOTW: What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms or Raisin Bran.

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• What did you do last week? walks only approx 3 or 4

What do you have planned for this week? going to try to walk every day maybe gym

What is your goal? lose 15 pounds tone up

QOTW: What is your favorite cereal? Just to munch on... fruit loops
  • I want to join too!!

I have been going on daily walks in the neighborhood pushing my giant 6 week old! He's already 14 pounds! (Born at 8lbs 10oz)

I have my doctors appointment Friday so hopefully I will be cleared for exercise and I can start toning up. I'm a huge fan of Jillian michaels videos and the firm!

I am already down to my prepregnancy weight but I had 20 lbs to lose before I got pregnant so I am hoping breastfeeding and exercise will get it done by December!

My favorite cereal is plain Cheerios!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"