April 2013 Moms
Options

Irrate (NBR)

So....... I have a personal loan that I took out a few years ago when I got married as DH and I paid for our own wedding. 

Well.... I set up a payment this month for a few days after due date knowing I'd get a late fee. However since DH just started a new job and is in the midst of a long time without a paycheck because of it, I figured I would deal with the fee.

I had a couple of voicemails from them last week, as I live in a dead zone so my cell phone won't ring. However since the payment was set up on their web site and they could see it I wasn't too worried. Plus they were calling before it was even late and e voicemails were vague at one point even indication they wanted to talk to me about new services.

yeah - these people reached out to my sister, mother and husband today looking for me.  I am irate and oh so embarrassed. I know I am a few days late but WtF? I've had a loan with them for four years and never missed a payment. I do not think this warrants collection style phone calls to MY FAMILY..... I am seriously mortified.  No one in my family even knew about loan but so glad my dirty laundry has been aired. Unfairly none the less!

the women at lender claims I supplied their contact  information back when I applied but I have no recollection. I just looked through my paperwork and there's no record. Plus - frankly this sounds a little extreme to me.  I can only dare to dream if they left messages at my old job since they had that number on file.

SO pissed. Obviously this totally ruined my day :( 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

Re: Irrate (NBR)

• Options

I'm so sorry, that sucks & would irritate me too., Its against FDCPA for them to contact your family members & discuss a debt regardless if you're late or not. My car was stolen & I filed a police report. Whoever stole my car got a ticket in Texas & they've been calling me & family members in attempts to collect on the ticket.

https://nedap.org/hotline/fdcpa-recognizing.html

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    That would really upset me, too... And you can bet I would make sure they knew it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    tondraluv said:

I'm so sorry, that sucks & would irritate me too., Its against FDCPA for them to contact your family members & discuss a debt regardless if you're late or not. My car was stolen & I filed a police report. Whoever stole my car got a ticket in Texas & they've been calling me & family members in attempts to collect on the ticket.

https://nedap.org/hotline/fdcpa-recognizing.html

This. You might want to google for attorneys too. There are tons of penalties for violating the debt collection laws. They could be fined plus end up owing you some money for failing to comply.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not sure who you got your loan through but I work for a bank and giving out personal information (ie your debt information) to people not on the loan is a federal violation for us...serious no no.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I'm not sure who you got your loan through but I work for a bank and giving out personal information (ie your debt information) to people not on the loan is a federal violation for us...serious no no.

They never actually connected with anyone - just left messages. Vague - like a collector would..."Trying to get in touch with me - can't reach me, but I had given them this name and number as someone who could help them." I have no idea what they would have said had they actually connected -  but the enitre thing seems SO far fetched to me.  I mean I've never missed a payment and they are going to the extereme of calling my family? Horrendous customer service as far as I am concerned. I am so mortified.

Working in a bank, does this seem as extereme to you as it does to me?

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"