November 2012 Moms

NBR waiting sucks

I have been sitting here with DH and some aunts/cousins. They began a craniectomy on my dad at 3 today. His prep began just before 1. We still have a long wait ahead of us. Surgery itself could be 7 hours. Recovery will be weeks in the hospital and months at home. Every time our waiting room phone rings, my heart comes out of my chest. Thanks for the posts today. They have helped to keep my mind busy.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR waiting sucks

• Waiting is the worst part. Prayers help. And loved ones help too. Glad you're all together. Keep us posted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Waiting does suck. Hoping that all goes well with the surgery! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Aww, keep us posted.  Waiting sucks so much.  Thinking of you. 

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Waiting sux for sure. Lots of TeePee for a quick recovery!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hope all is well with your dad. Hang in there!

image   My chart 

• Hope everything goes well!

• How's your dad?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • He was in actual surgery (not counting prep) for 4.5 hours. Doctor said everything went as well as could be expected. We won't know the extent of the damage until he begins to come out of sedation. They will have him heavily sedated for a few days. The nurses and doctor were extremely happy with his vitals. We still have a VERY long road ahead of us. He is currently on a ventilator with a possible feeding tube to come. The recovery and rehab are just beginning. Due to his brother having had the same thing, I will be scheduling an MRI or CAT scan soon. It can be familial. So, it has been one emotional week.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"