November 2012 Moms

Naps, how many?

I'm just full of posts today! Curious about naps right now. How many are you guys at? 2,3? Maybe even down to one long one? Each day is so different for us! Usually we don't have more than 2. Sometimes one long one. Sometimes one short one! It's hit or miss. If we go somewhere he will always nap in the car. If we are home, he will usually take a decent nap or two. I wish we had a more consistent schedule. But I guess it's also good that he can go out and nap and that the changes don't affect bedtime or nighttime.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Naps, how many?

• Zane takes 'on average' three naps a day.

One 2 hours after we get up. They usually last anywhere from 1-2.5 hours. His other 2 naps are about 2 hours after he eats and those naps last about 30-45 min.

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Our 'usual' nap schedule is... Up around 8am, nap 11-1pm, play, lunch, play, nap 4-6pm, play, supper, bed @ 9pm. 

Buuuuuut, with having company lately and various appointments etc the last few weeks, it could be 1 nap a day around noon or 1pm that lasts 3 hours OR three short naps.

• Loading the player...
  • 2 naps a day. 45 min to an hour in the morn and at least 2.5 hour one in the afternoon.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Usually 2 naps. A two hour nap in the morning about 3 hours after he wakes up and one in the afternoon anywhere from 1-2 hours again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are on a pretty regular schedule of 2 naps, one at 11am-1 and then another 3-5 and bed at 8. They vary sometimes by half an hour but pretty predictable these days. Thankfully.
  • imagekiraliz2:
    Two naps during the week when he is at daycare, and sometimes I can squeeze three out of him on the weekends.

I got a really great visual from that!

We're at three, here.

image   My chart 

• Usually 2 to 3 but lately it's been two.  Depends on how early the day starts...lately she's been waking up earlier! The naps last  about 1.5 hrs.  The other day she napped from 4 to 6 which is RARE but i think her second nap was messed up for some reason.
  • DS just went down to 2 naps a day.  He is sleeping about 10-11 hours at night so I guess he doesn't need much more.  Sometimes the naps are 30 minutes, sometimes they are 2 hours.  Just depends on the day. 
  • we are at 2-3 now, one an hour after she wakes at 6 am, for about an hour

late morning, today she slept from 10-12:30!  but she's teething

one afternoon which is usually about an hour

bedtime is 7:30

• jg1011jg1011 member

We do three a day. First is 2 hours after he wakes. He will usually sleep between 40 min and an hour and a half. 

Next nap is around 1. Usually an hour and a half.

Next one is around 6:30. It's usually around 30 min.  

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• kb&mbkb&mb member
    We are down to 2 naps - I started trying the 2-3-4 schedule a couple weeks ago and it is working great. He wakes around 6:30, first nap around 8:45 (sleeps about an hr 15 mins), second nap around 1:30/1:45 (about an hr and a half), then bedtime around 7:00.
  • Always 2 naps for 2 hours at 10 and 2
    This
  • On a good day...3 naps -  2x (15-30 mins), 1x (1 hr..if we're lucky).  She's such a power napper.  :-O
  • K will do 2-3. The norm is 2. If she wants the 3rd, it is just a little cat nap. The other ones usually last from 45 minutes to 2 hours.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I was just going to post this very question (glad I spotted this thread first). 
    It's interesting how different all the babies are :)
    I'm just full of posts today! Curious about naps right now. How many are you guys at? 2,3? Maybe even down to one long one? Each day is so different for us! Usually we don't have more than 2. Sometimes one long one. Sometimes one short one! It's hit or miss. If we go somewhere he will always nap in the car. If we are home, he will usually take a decent nap or two. I wish we had a more consistent schedule. But I guess it's also good that he can go out and nap and that the changes don't affect bedtime or nighttime.
    ^ that's pretty much my sentiment.  DS has been STTN for about three weeks now, so his nap strikes don't bother me nearly as much anymore :P

Also, he's been fighting anything more than one nap for two months now.  He'll crash eventually, but if it were up to him, he'd definitely prefer a short nap in the middle of the day.  Most days, it's one 30 min. nap around 9/10AM, and another small one (anywhere between 20-45 mins.) at 2-3PM.  Then bedtime between 6:30-8:30 <-- yup, no schedule whatsoever.  My consistency doesn't mean jack in our house, this boy fights it like crazy!  Some days, he'll take ONE 45 min. nap in 12 hours T___T . . . but at least he's STTN xD

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"