March 2014 Moms

Boy/girl

Is anyone waiting until the baby comes out to know what they are having... Has anyone done so before? If so did you have trouble buying things before hand

Re: Boy/girl

• I am team green and don't want to find out at all. My DH isn't that patient,so he may find out and torture me the entire pregnancy. But I'm still trying to convince him to make it a surprise.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our current position is DH and I aren't wanting to know.  We already have names and we want to meet our babe as they are. I'm a dreamer so I'd probably dream everything they are just based on gender.  So clothing right?  For us we pretty much decided that we don't even have to care about being gender neutral since we are just going to be doing a bajillion onesies that will be little more than disposable since they grow so quickly.  

Now our friends on the other hand?  They will probably be batting down our doctors door to know.  

1st Onesie to be worn will be one that has boxes  with the last one checked

MY GENDER IS!
    Boy
    Girl
    Awesome

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Loading the player...
  • jjt616jjt616 member
    I was team green with dd and I had non problems at all. I sooooo wish we were team green this time but DH is not budging on finding out. I knew I wanted a Noah's ark theme no matter the sex so we did that and then all our big items were gender neutral which you will want to anyways so you can use it with future children. When dd was born everyone gave us so many girl clothes because they knew we didn't have any. It worked out great for us

• I don't plan on finding out. I'm not a big fan of pink or blue baby stuff anyway so I don't think it'll be a problem finding stuff in other colors that are gender neutral
    imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • With my 1st we wanted to know. This time- team Green!
    photo 4ed88b49-c7fa-41ac-98ae-1e6d1a108e02.jpg 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersimage
  • We are team green. Buying gender neutral things. Would be doing that anyway cuz then we can reuse with future kids. We did not want all blue stuff or all pink stuff. So over that.
  • We were team green for both of ours - so much fun!  I'm especially glad we didn't find out when I was pregnant with our first (DD) because if we'd known, EVERYTHING would have been pink and we would have had to rebuy all the big stuff when we had DS.  As it was, we were able to reuse the PNP, bedding, car seat, stroller, etc. no problem.  Plus we had a good amount of neutral outfits to fill in their wardrobes - we got a bunch of outfits from family and friends that were gender-specific once they were born.

I'm a little tempted to find out this time around but DH doesn't want to know and I think in the end I'll be glad we had another surprise.
    imageimage 
  • I have a little girl, but I don't want to find out with this pregnancy. And if it's a boy, they don't need gender specific stuff for a long time anyways. :)
  • We were Team Green with our first.  It was ahhhh-mazing to find out as they were putting her on my chest.  I didn't want the doctor to tell me, so I requested that they show the baby to my DH and he tell me.  He said, "Say hello to Abigail Hope!" and I lost it.  So freakin' cool.

With that being said, I do want to experience what it's like to know, but I don't want to miss out on that surprise at the very end.

We have a TON of gender neutral stuff - and like it that way.  We will be okay for the first 3 months of this one's life.  After that, if it's a boy, he'd look a little funny in pink & flowers. 

I'd say go for it - go TEAM GREEN!

Married my best friend ~ May 31, 2008
    Adopted our furbaby Kona ~ January 17, 2010
    Trying to grow our family ~ June 2010

1st BFP 7.6.10 ~ EDD 3.15.11 ~ mmc 8.6.10 ~ d&c 8.11.10
    2nd BFP 11.4.10 ~ EDD 7.15.11 ~ HB 6w3d ~ No HB 7w ~ mmc 12.8.10 ~ d&c 12.9.10
    3rd BFP 7.12.11 ~ EDD 3.22.12 ~ HB 6w5d 124 bpm ~ Team Green ~ 
    SHE STUCK!
    4th BFP 6.20.13 ~ EDD 3.1.14 ~ HB 7w5d 153 bpm ~ A/S revealed due date possibly 2.23
    *~*~*~*EXPECT MIRACLES*~*~*~*
    Praying for peace in God's ultimate plan ~ "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm on the other side of the fence on this one- I think it's just as much a surprise when you find out at the A/S as in the delivery room, I'm sure it's exciting to find out at the moment of the birth, but I was too worried about everything else to care what the baby's gender was at that moment.
    I liked finding out with DS at our A/S.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • We didn't find out what we were having til the birth last time and I LOVED it. The only thing that was a little tricky was finding some neutral clothing (I swear almost no one makes them anymore) but once I was released from the hospital I went out and bought a bunch of boy clothes, so no big deal :-) This time my husband wants to find out at 20 weeks, but I HOPE he changes his mind - I love the surprise!
  • What is A/S?

Anatomy scan

Gotcha
  • We are team green here.  My husband really wants to know, but he has a big mouth and I know he would accidentally tell me. 
    We haven't bought anything yet, but have looked around.  I don't think we'll have any problem finding gender neutral clothing.
    Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• I'm on the other side of the fence on this one- I think it's just as much a surprise when you find out at the A/S as in the delivery room, I'm sure it's exciting to find out at the moment of the birth, but I was too worried about everything else to care what the baby's gender was at that moment.
    I liked finding out with DS at our A/S.
    I'm with applejacks.  It's still a surprise at the A/S too, you just find out at a different time.  Also, I'm not gonna lie...DH and I REALLY wanted a girl the first time around, so I know we would've been the teensiest bit disappointed if they said "it's a boy!"  Oh, and I hated my mom's attempt to reason with me to wait until the delivery to find out: "It'll be motivation to make it through faster!"  Bullsh!t.  The pain is motivation enough ;-)  My sister also did it both ways.  First time, she didn't find out in order to appease my mom.  Second time, she found out at the A/S and was much happier with that.
  • We are team green. I think the moment I'm the delivery room will be totally worth it! This is our first and we plan on having more so buying gender neutral especially in the big stuff, seems like a good idea. Plus it'll drive my MIL absolutely insane. .. added bonus!
  • We're undecided at the moment.  DH really wants to know, but I've always been on Team Green ... However, our BFP was a Big Fat Surprise & we ended up having to tell people way earlier than we had wanted (we had just organized & booked an 8 person safari in Kenya with my family - couldn't really fake not wanting to go since it was my idea & I made it happen).  So, I think / hope a Sex Reveal party would have some of the "fun" I missed out on in telling people.
    September '15 Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance!   

BFP 11/18/14 ~ EDD 7/26/15 ~ MC 11/27/14

image            image
                          Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                              

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"