February 2013 Moms

Pillow Fort

OK, I know this isn't a new idea and is by no means news-worthy, but I just wanted to share an activity that DS and I have really enjoyed this week.  We went on our king-size bed and I put pillows around the perimeter (my big long pregnancy pillow is perfect for this) and left a few in the middle of the bed for obstacles.  He and I just lounged and played and rolled around.  He loved it!  the best part is that I could lie down on a comfy bed while playing with him.

As I said, I know this isn't a revolutionary idea, but it sure killed an hour!

Re: Pillow Fort

• Haha! I do something similar! 

I pull back our coffee table, lay down a quilt and put pillows all around. I sprinkle toys throughout the middle and let DS go to town! He loves it and it's great if I'm in a lazy mood and want to watch something on TV. :P 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageDrea926:

Haha! I do something similar! 

I pull back our coffee table, lay down a quilt and put pillows all around. I sprinkle toys throughout the middle and let DS go to town! He loves it and it's great if I'm in a lazy mood and want to watch something on TV. :P 

We do this, too! It's a main part of playtime. DD has gotten really good at rolling and squirming her way around to different toys. Sometimes I lay and play with her and sometimes I sit in the chair and read while she plays. She loves it!

We've also been doing some diaper free time during the day. I lay two of our water-proof crib liners down and then spread receiving blankets over it and let her play without her diaper on. I figure its so hot out, that she needs some "air time" down there. And if she pees on anything, I just replace that blanket with another one.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"