June 2013 Moms

so lonely, so sad.

My mom flew out June 11, two weeks before my due date; so she could help out with DS2, and LO while I recovered. We only expected her to stay a week or so after LO was born, but she ended up staying 6 weeks due to all the pp issues I was having. I took her to the airport a little bit ago, and we both held it together pretty well, until I started to cry once I hugged her goodbye. I didn't think it would be that hard to say bye to my mom, but it was so hard! We kept the goodbye very short, to make it a little easier. DH, the kids and I went to have lunch afterwards and I decided to come home and wait to DH to come home from work so we can go run errands. I got home and it really hit me my mom wasn't here anymore. Her reusable water cup still had ice and water in it, that she didn't get to finish. Her empty makeup container was left on the counter, her empty coffee cup in the sink, her wet towel in the laundry basket in the laundry room, her newly discovered ice cream in the freezer, and her soy milk and iced coffee and creamer still in the fridge. I am so unbelievably sad that she is gone- and I already feel so lonely. DH works long- long hours, and I haven't been working since April, we are military and have no family close by, so it sucks knowing I will hardly have any adult interaction time. Sucks knowing that now I won't have help with DS2, or LO while I need to shower, or take care of the house- cook meals ect while DH is at work. 

Gah- I just miss her so much already.

No real point to this post....just super sad, and will miss all the great help. I am officially on my own during the day! boo... 

Re: so lonely, so sad.

• jennOKjennOK member
    I also had multiple PP issues that are still ongoing. I have had help from my mother and mother-in-law pretty much nightly. They've been switching off. It's been almost 5 weeks since my emergency Csection. I know it is going to be so hard when they leave. I hope things go smoothly for you.
  • nnjjnnjj member
    Your post made me cry. I've never been close to my mom until the birth of my LO. I had an emergency c-s and she told my husband and I that she was staying w us. I ended up having infection issues hospitilized again and been having a difficult recovery. I have to say bye ne t week and will feel the same way. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagennjj:
    Your post made me cry. I've never been close to my mom until the birth of my LO. I had an emergency c-s and she told my husband and I that she was staying w us. I ended up having infection issues hospitilized again and been having a difficult recovery. I have to say bye ne t week and will feel the same way. 

This. I don't think I ever realized how much she loved me until I had a daughter... I full-out ugly cried at the airport when we had to drop her off!

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aww hugs! I felt the same way saying bye to my mom. I cried the whole morning until she left. My DH also works a lot and we have no family nearby. I'm just looking forward to thanksgiving when ill have a babysitter again!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • rzurbrrzurbr member

imageStardust54:
    Aww hugs! I felt the same way saying bye to my mom. I cried the whole morning until she left. My DH also works a lot and we have no family nearby. I'm just looking forward to thanksgiving when ill have a babysitter again!!

This.  I really wish we lived closer to my mom.  I'm jealous of all the moms with family nearby.

• That sucks! My mom just left after a month so I can relate.

Have you looked into any local mommy groups so you can make some friends? Try meetup.com
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Your post made me tear up. I'm away from my mom. She was here for 2 weeks after lo was born. Thank God we can at least Skype
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • lioness13 said:

That sucks! My mom just left after a month so I can relate.

Have you looked into any local mommy groups so you can make some friends? Try meetup.com

I have friends, but they all work and have families of their own, so i don't get to see them often. We talk almost daily and text alot...but it's not the same. I haven't looked into play groups but plan to. Alot of these play groups are for spouses of deployed soldiers. Which i think is dumb. this is the first duty station I've been to, where you can't join unless your dh is deployed. I'm going to look elsewhere and see if they have anything.

• I could have written this post! I had a ton of medical problems with my pregnancy and my mom came over to help out with my toddler--she ended up being here for 7 weeks. It was so hard to say goodbye! We live abroad and don't have any family around us, either. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• This made me cry too! I'm so close to my mom. I'm so lucky though, my parents lived an hour away but just moved into my housing development a week after MJ was born. After my husband went back to work my mom took the week off to spend with us and I still cried the night before she went back to work. Even though she's walking distance and I see her almost every day! So I can't imagine how you feel, I would be a disaster, I'm so sorry
  • Sad! I will have spent two months with my mama when we part ways in two weeks. We live clear across the country from each other :( hope you find a good routine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • :((
    Sorry! DH is also military and I know how isolating it can be. I call my mom multiple times a day and it really feels like she is here since we talk so often. My sister came and took DS to my parents for over a week starting today (they live 8 hours away) and I feel even more lonely now! WAH!!
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • caffrin said:
    :(( Sorry! DH is also military and I know how isolating it can be. I call my mom multiple times a day and it really feels like she is here since we talk so often. My sister came and took DS to my parents for over a week starting today (they live 8 hours away) and I feel even more lonely now! WAH!!
    I haven't been super close with my mom...at least not as close as I would like to be. There is just something about giving birth to your own baby, that brings a mother and daughter ever closer. I wish I lived closer to my mom, because I think we would be allot closer- in our relationship. I've been a huge fan of traveling while being in the military- however I am starting to become home sick, and as my kids get older I wish they had a better relationship with their cousins, and grandparents. We really miss out of holidays and family gatherings every single year. We are getting ready to PCS somewhere soon- and we are crossing our fingers we get to move home so we can be apart of the family again. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"