Two Under 2

STM Q: BFing and milk supply isssues

I'm pregnant with my 2nd baby. I'm still EPing for baby #1 who is 10 months old. They'll be 18 months apart. I had LOTS & LOTS of milk for baby #1. I'm hoping to breastfeed baby #2, but I am worried about milk supply issues. For STMs out there with kids close together in age, did you have enough milk for baby #2? I've heard of moms drying up really fast & not have enough milk for #2. Any advice?

Re: STM Q: BFing and milk supply isssues

• I had a way easier time BFing #2 than #1.  No supply issues, milk came in on day 2.  The only hard part was keeping #1 busy while I fed #2.  

image   image

• My 2nd is only 7wks but I have more milk this time. My milk came in about 12hrs faster this time. My babies are 17 months apart.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageEMO-mamma:
    I had a way easier time BFing #2 than #1.  No supply issues, milk came in on day 2.  The only hard part was keeping #1 busy while I fed #2.  

What EMO said. 

imageimage
  • So far, my supply has been higher with each kid.
    I had supply issues with DD1 and had to supplement the first few months.
    I noticed a supply drop after a few months with DD2 and took Dom Peridone.
    3 months in with Baby Boy and no issues so far.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"