Baby Names

Alastair but need a few more choices

the only name we agree on is Alastair. I really like it what does everyone else think? But I'd like to be choosing between Alastair a few other names to be certain we pick a favourite. At the moment it feels like I like it because I simply have no other names I like. I really dislike all the Alfie/ Noah/ Lucca/ Oscar names that are around sorry to those who have them and I don't like modern names that have no history or sound made up fussy aren't I?! We have a Matthew already.
I sort of like Ralph but not sure. any other ideas. Thanks

Re: Alastair but need a few more choices

• I have a 6.5 yo Alastair, I still love his name. DS2 is Andrew. For another boy we like James.
  • Love Alistair! 

What about

Alec

Roland

Frederick

Malcolm

Rohan

Heath

Christian

Donavan

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • I think Alastair is a fantastic name.  I'm also of the opinion that when you find a name both you and your husband like, you should quit looking.  I think bringing multiple names to the hospital when you can't pick a favorite isn't a bad idea, but if you already have a favorite it seems unnecessary.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like it. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I really like Alistair. 

James, Walter, Henry, Sebastian 

imageimage
  • I know a boy named Alastair and his brother is Gareth, so I'll suggest that.
  • My son's name is Vincent. Obviously I believe it's perfect on every boy.
  • Alastair is a great name, and I hardly ever hear it.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • alastair is cute. I know what you mean about wanting a few 'backups' as options. How about:
    Lewis
    Angus
    Flynn
    Benjamin

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry but am I the only one who watches supernatural? Alastair is one of the big shot demons. Other than that I like it. But demon is all I can think of when I hear it.
    Anniversary

• Thanks everyone, seems like Alastair is liked by most. Any thoughts on Ralph?
  • I like the name and to me the fact that you can't come up with any other names means you don't need to, Alastair should be the name.
  • Love Alastair!!!!
  • I absolutely love Alastair.

If it's the name you agree on, use it. You've named a child before. You know how it just "becomes" your child as time goes on, and how you love it on them. I searched and searched for the "perfect" name for DD1; in the end, we just went with what we agreed on. After that experience, we were able to agree early with DD2. The kid only gets one name (well, okay, technically two, but MNs don't count all that much). If it's the only name you agree on, you have the name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Love it! 

I do not like Ralph. It reminds me of barf and it's just not very nice sounding. Sorry. 
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I like the name and to me the fact that you can't come up with any other names means you don't need to, Alastair should be the name.
    This.
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Looks like it's Alastair then. Thanks
  • Honestly, Alastair just seems so foreign to me. I'd never heard of it until I came to this board a few years ago.

If you like it though, that's all that matters! :)

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ralph just reminds me of "ralphing" or "I think I'm gonna Ralph" (throw up). But maybe that's just me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think of ralphie on a Christmas story, but alastair is a cool name. I've seen too much tour de France this month, so my only suggestions are Tejay, Thor, cadel, ryder, Marcus
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"