August 2012 Moms

popping back for some WWYD advice on #2

As most of you know, E was due on 8/5 but was born at 31 weeks.  it was scary to say the least.  Soon after DH said he didn't want any more kids because it was all so scary for him.  He's come around and agreed that he wants another child. 

I have my yearly appt today. I am going to talk to the head of our high risk about what our chances of another preemie are and if anything can be done to lessen them.  DH misunderstood and thought I was getting my mirena out and I just got an email saying " OK does this mean we can start trying for another soon??" apparently he is super excited to try again. 

Here is the issue.  There is a chance we will have another preemie... a good chance.  Knowing that I would like to try for a summer baby so that even if they are early they will be born in the spring and not in the flu/RSV season.  We got pregnant the first month we tried last time and we may not be that lucky this time but I'm hopeful that it will not take long and even if it is a few months we will still be ok time wise.  I KNOW that we cannot plan everything but I need to try for my own sanity! 

So my questions are: 

1. if you got pregnant quickly the first time, was it the same the next time?

2.  if your DH was ready before you, how did you find a happy medium or get him to agree to wait? 

I can't talk to many friends IRL because we don't want anyone to know when we may be trying again.  I don't want that pressure. 

ETA- I still lurk here but don't get on the bump a lot these days. I'm working 60-70 hours a week, have E and everything else in our lives... so I try to pop in but don't get to often... I didn't bail though!  

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: popping back for some WWYD advice on #2

• I am a FTM so I'm not much help, but I wanted to share what I've seen.

When my SIL was pregnant with her first, she had a lot of problems. She had a miserable pregnancy from the start, then got Pre E, and we almost lost her because of HELLP syndrome. My nephew was very premature. He's now 5 or 6 , he's a small guy, and has lots of allergies. Otherwise, he's a healthy, very normal kid.

Her 2nd and 3rd pregnancies were fine. She just had to keep an eye on her blood pressure , and go on bed rest a little earlier. I'm pretty sure the other 2 were full term.

My point is, not every pregnancy is the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sister got pregnant the first month with both of her kids. Her daughter had gastroschesis and was born six weeks early. It was really scary leading up to the birth, followed by a month and a half in the NICU. Fast forward almost five years and she is thriving. Pint sized but thriving.

Understandably she was gun shy when it came to having another baby. She got pregnant the first month of trying and had a healthy baby boy at 37 weeks. She had a great team of doctors the first time around. She was also able to meet with her primary doctor for her second pregnancy who reassured her that all was well for that pregnancy.

I totally realize that everyone is unique but hopefully your second will be uneventful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We got KU on the first try for both kids. Wasn't expecting it so fast the second time around so just be ready for it in case it does happen.
    If you're not on the same page yet with your h I would definitely talk it out and reassure him that you do want another but maybe meet in the middle time wise?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagesourapplemartini:

We weren't trying with DD, and got pregnant my first cycle off BCP.

DS1 I had been charting and got pregnant the first cycle.

DS2 it took 3 cycles with charting.

I was ready for #3 waaaaaaaaay before DH was. It was really hard to wait but I just had to. YH needs to be the same way. What helped me was having a timeframe-- "No, we're not going to try in January, but I'll be more comfortable in the fall once XYZ is done." 

Why was E born early again? Was it pProm or cervical? 

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEN?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOU TOO, PHILLY!!!!!!

I feel all warm and reconnected. I hope both of you have been doing well.  Stick around!

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imagebigbootyjudi:
    imagesourapplemartini:

We weren't trying with DD, and got pregnant my first cycle off BCP.

DS1 I had been charting and got pregnant the first cycle.

DS2 it took 3 cycles with charting.

I was ready for #3 waaaaaaaaay before DH was. It was really hard to wait but I just had to. YH needs to be the same way. What helped me was having a timeframe-- "No, we're not going to try in January, but I'll be more comfortable in the fall once XYZ is done." 

Why was E born early again? Was it pProm or cervical? 

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEEEEN?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YOU TOO, PHILLY!!!!!!

I feel all warm and reconnected. I hope both of you have been doing well.  Stick around!

3 kids home for the summer ;) I've been lurking but it's been so long since I've posted I feel weird jumping back in. 

Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He was born early due to severe pre e. I met with my dr today and she said its a total crap shoot. I may get it or not get it. If I get it it may be earlier or later and either more or less severe. Ok not helpful but we will be monitored more frequently especially once we get closer to the time it hit last time.

Dh and I are going to talk about it after the little guy goes to bed. I know he will end up being ok with waiting because we won try until we are both ready and it's only 10 more months so it's not forever!!

Thanks ladies!

Bbj I'll try to step out of lurking more often. I don't even know half the people on here anymore!!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"