March 2014 Moms

Just curious

I'm 7 weeks pregnant based off my lmp but conceived 2 weeks later which makes me 5weeks technically. Just wondering when I get my us next week will the baby measure at 8 weeks or at 6 weeks

Re: Just curious

• If you're sure you conceived 2 weeks after your lmp, then it will measure 6 weeks next week.

ETA: Do you mean you conceived 2 weeks after your LMP at day 14?  Or two weeks after that, at 28 days?  I'm confused. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• They will be able to accurately determine your EDD based on the size of the baby. If I went by my LMP I'd be almost 10 weeks, but I know 100% when I conceived as I was tracking ovulation and the u/s proved me right. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagekatykatykaty:
    If you're sure you conceived 2 weeks after your lmp, then it will measure 6 weeks next week.ETA: Do you mean you conceived 2 weeks after your LMP at day 14?nbsp; Or two weeks after that, at 28 days?nbsp; I'm confused.nbsp;

Well my Lmp was June 4 and I conceived on June 18 so am guessing the baby is only 5 weeks but my doc says I'm 7 weeks based on my lmp I'm just a littel confused on how it all works. I am hoping I will see a baby next week since I'm considered 8 weeks
  • Thanks ladies
  • imageIfybabii:
    imagekatykatykaty:
    If you're sure you conceived 2 weeks after your lmp, then it will measure 6 weeks next week.ETA: Do you mean you conceived 2 weeks after your LMP at day 14?nbsp; Or two weeks after that, at 28 days?nbsp; I'm confused.nbsp;
    Well my Lmp was June 4 and I conceived on June 18 so am guessing the baby is only 5 weeks but my doc says I'm 7 weeks based on my lmp I'm just a littel confused on how it all works. I am hoping I will see a baby next week since I'm considered 8 weeks

You are really 7 weeks then, if you did in fact conceive on June 18th. You have to add 2 weeks the amount of weeks ago you conceived, since it's 40 weeks from your LMP.  

• imageIfybabii:
    imagekatykatykaty:

Nope. You're 7 weeks. Your edd is right if you conceived 14 days after your LMP. The first two weeks you aren't technically pregnant yet.

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
  • imageIfybabii:

Your doc is right. The way doctors count pregnancy, the first two weeks you aren't technically pregnant. It makes things easier for them and more uniform. So you're considered seven weeks pregnant, but yes, your little one has only been around for five weeks.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelegallyginger:

imageIfybabii:

Your doc is right. The way doctors count pregnancy, the first two weeks you aren't technically pregnant. It makes things easier for them and more uniform. So you're considered seven weeks pregnant, but yes, your little one has only been around for five weeks.  

But the baby should measure at 8 weeks, not at 6--they don't ever use measurements for the "actual" age.  If you are 8 weeks pregnant, baby measures at 8 weeks and is considered to be 8 weeks (even though, yes, technically baby has only been around for 6 weeks).  I think that answers your question?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagehuskymomma94:
    imagelegallyginger:

imageIfybabii:

But the baby should measure at 8 weeks, not at 6--they don't ever use measurements for the "actual" age.  If you are 8 weeks pregnant, baby measures at 8 weeks and is considered to be 8 weeks (even though, yes, technically baby has only been around for 6 weeks).  I think that answers your question?

You nailed it thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"