Trying to Get Pregnant

To those who have been pregnant before

Sorry to be such a PW, but I have one more question :) 

If you've been pregnant before and are TTCing again, do you compare your tww symptoms from your pregnancy to the tww symptoms during your current tww? Does it even make sense to do that?

My most recent tww ended with AF, but during those two weeks, I couldn't help and compare every twinge to what I had during my tww when I got pregnant (I had some distinct symptoms back then). I remember them rather clearly and since I still use the same cycle tracking app, I can actually go and see my notes from that time. Could it be that the tww symptoms will be different each time and so it doesn't even make sense to expect the same symptoms?

I know... I should just relax, but I can't help thinking about those things.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: To those who have been pregnant before

• I have been pregnant twice, the first ended in miscarriage.  The first pregnancy I felt crampy and had sore boobs the whole TWW and even had nausea before my BFP.  I still had significant symptoms at the time I was diagnosed with a missed miscarriage. 

My second pregnancy I had no symptoms for several weeks.  I was really upset because I was sure I was about to get my period and didn't even want to waste the test.  Well, it was positive and DS was born 9 months later.  I actually walked around at home poking at my boobs for weeks because they were not getting sore and I was sure it was a bad sign.

Sorry that was rambly - but in answer to your question, they are all different, and you can compare, but it doesn't mean anything.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• I didn't have any symptoms at all during the 2ww when I got pregnant.

All of my friends that have been pregnant more than once said their pregnancies have been so different from each other, regardless of it the sex of the baby was the same or opposite.

So I am taking any symptom I get with a grain of salt. It doesn't mean anything to me until I see a positive HPT.
    imageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have symptoms with either of my boys until I was about 5 weeks pregnant so no I don't put much thought into it. 
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• mcvgalmcvgal member
    No symptoms at all during my first pregnancy until I was closer to 6 weeks pregnant, that's when my nausea started. My last pregnancy ended in miscarraige and again nothing during the 2WW only started to be more tired the day before I mc

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I have been pregnant once before and am TTC again but have not had a 2ww yet.  I'm sure I will compare symptoms though, I think it's only natural to do so.

BabyFetus Ticker

• With my first, I had one tiny spot of implantation spotting, and knew instantly that that's what it was. (It was the only time in 7 cycles of trying that I had this happen.) With my second, we hadn't been TTC, I was still breastfeeding and hadn't gotten a period yet, so I was totally unaware that I conceived. Around 6/7 weeks, I started having bad cramps, and that's how I knew to take a HPT, since I cramped during the whole first trimester with #1. So, if I did have any implantation spotting or earlier symptoms with #2, I was totally unaware of them. With that said, now that we are TTC#3 and I'm in the 2WW of cycle 1, I'm convinced that the fact that I haven't had spotting means there's no chance I'm pregnant. So, yes, I'm comparing symptoms even though I KNOW spotting is very rare, every pregnancy is different, etc. I think it's just our human nature to use our past experiences as comparison regardless of whether or not we KNOW there's no value to it.

• imageLadiebug710:

My second pregnancy I had no symptoms for several weeks.  I was really upset because I was sure I was about to get my period and didn't even want to waste the test.  Well, it was positive and DS was born 9 months later.  I actually walked around at home poking at my boobs for weeks because they were not getting sore and I was sure it was a bad sign.

I did this, too! Everyone on my BMB was complaining about super sore massive boobs, and mine were a tiny bit sore and perhaps a few mm larger! 

OP, I had no symptoms during the 2WW. I didn't really get any symptoms at all until about 6 weeks along. Symptoms during the 2WW could just as easily be PMS.

ETA: With DS, I did have spotting at about 4 weeks.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I was really nauseous and exhausted like I hadn't slept in days a few days before AF was supposed to arrive so that's when I tested. Im sure I had other symptoms but at the time because I didn't feel good and was so tired I didn't even notice.

BabyFetus Ticker

• JsRibJsRib member
    I didn't have any symptoms until 6 weeks or so.  I didn't "feel" pregnant until 12 week.
  • With my daughter, that was 19 years ago and I was on BCP when I got pregnant, so I wasn't looking for symptoms and didn't even know I was KU until I was over six weeks along. With my BFP in December that ended in a loss, I didn't have any symptoms anyways, I only knew to test because I was charting and temping and was 'late' as per my usual LP.

imageimage

Married August 2012. Me: 41  DH: 42 
    Daughter from previous marriage: 20

BFP 12/19/12: Ectopic discovered at 8 weeks, right tube removed 01/18/13
    June 2013 Testing Results: Progesterone: 31.7, LH: 5, FSH: 5, Estradiol: 161
    Clomid cycles Nov. 2013 and Jan, Feb, and March 2014

TTC journey over as of the end of October 2014

TTCAL BLOG

All ALers welcome!

• I don't plan on it but I'm sure I will.  The only problem with that is that I didn't have any symptoms that weren't my typical PMS symptoms.  GL!

"A man walking backwards does not see what lies ahead, only what he is leaving behind."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1-7/22/12 EDD: 4/8/13 It's a Boy!! Born 3/30/13
    BFP #2 2/3/14 EDD: 10/15/14 - My Chart

• My first pregnancy I had taken provera and thought I was about to get AF at any moment - so every symptom I thought was my period. Just shows you that the two are very, very similar. 

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• Well, during my 1st 10 cycles TTC, the only cycle that I didn't have any "symptoms" was my BFP cycle. My first "symptom" was a +HPT. The sore boobs etc.. came later.

ETA: After reading the thread, I see that I am not alone in my symptomless 2ww during my BFP cycle.

So, I think when we start TTC again in the next month or so, if I have early symptoms, I will assume they are related to AF and not pregnancy. I guess we'll see.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"