Multiples

Please tell me it gets easier!

I have 3 month twins and am having a hard day. Please remind me that it gets easier because today I am struggling with two fussy babies.

Re: Please tell me it gets easier!

• My boys are only a month oL&D we had a bad day yesterday they were both crazy fussy all day even with my husband home after 11am neither one of us got anything done we wanted to. I was surprised I was able to make a decent dinner last night. Today is so much better already so I am just taking it one day at a time at this point. It does get better but that's only a months worth of experience.  

• SO MUCH easier!! I remember a particularly bad week around three months that involved me holding them and bouncing on the floor while all three of us cried. Around four months, things drastically improved and at eight months, we started having ridiculous amounts of fun.
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • It totally does!  3 -5 months seemed to be a very fussy time for our boys.  Lots of growing happened and teething started.  They are going to be 7 months tomorrow and I can honestly say that every day at least once I'm laughing with them and thinking how lucky I am to have them.  There are still bad days, I am waiting to see a tooth any day now, but they are less frequent.

Hang in there Mama!

• I promise it gets easier!  Then they start crawling.  Stick out tongue  But really, mine will be 1 next week and it's so much easier now than those first few months.  We're on a good schedule and I know what to expect.   
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • cadencaden member
    Nothing so far has been as hard as the first 4 months. I remember I was at a mall when my kids were about 3m old, and they were being terrible (which was usual at that point) and a stranger came up to me. She said she had twins and that it gets easier about every 3 months. Except my kids were already past the 3m mark and it so was not getting easier. I ended up bursting into tears. But at 4m it actually did start to get easier, and then 3m after that when they were able to sit up on their own was easier, then 3m after that they were able to move around a bit, etc. I think each new stage has its own challenges, but it definitely gets easier.
  • It does! I would say around 6-7 months it started getting easier. Ours are 14 months now and are running around everywhere playing an it is so much more fun than it is work!  Hang in there!  :). It'll go by fast. 
  • It absolutely does!  Mine will be 4 this week and I can't believe where the time has gone.  Take one day at a time...laugh a lot and cry if you need to also.  There is no such thing as a "perfect parent" or the "perfect way to do something."  Do what you think is best for your babies and yourself.  Before you know it this time with them will be in the past.  Good luck! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks for all the replies!! Mine are 8 wks and most days it's still hard!!!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• lc&jwlc&jw member

Hang in there. I know it's hard to imagine at the point you're at now, but it truly does get easier. Mine are 5 months now and I would say the shift started to happen around 4 months. My son's terrible colic finally seemed gone by then, and now he's actually easier than his sister in many ways. By 4 months we were also able to put both babies down for longer and longer periods of time without them crying, and they were able to entertain themselves on the playmat and in the jumperoo. Around 4 months is also when we started to get them into a more predictable routine.

At 3 months I still felt like I was never going to be able to get anything done besides comfort and care for screaming babies for the rest of my life. Remember that your kids are constantly growing, changing, and becoming able to do more for themselves. It won't always be this way. You're in the trenches right now but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. ((hugs))

TTC since June 2009
    BFP #1 2/22/10 M/C 6w2d
    BFP #2 October 2010 CP
    BFP #3 1/11/11 M/C 8w5d
    IUI #1 Aug 2011= BFN
    IUI #2= BFP #4 9/18/11 missed M/C, D&C 10/18/11
    IUIs #3&4 = BFN
    IVF #1 May 2012 = BFP! Twins!!

Fraternal twins born Feb. 2013

Lilypie - (X78c)

• I found the first year super hard (but I am a pretty anxious person!), but now I tell people I think it is easier for me to have 2 toddlers to entertain each other rather than 1 toddler I have to entertain all the time! Really, though, you are right in the toughest part, and it DOES get easier!
    Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • It gets SO. MUCH. BETTER! You are in the hardest days. It just takes time, sister. My babies are 11 months now and they are absolutely the most wonderful and charming little people. I LOVE being a mom to two babies. They sleep 14 hours at night, they snuggle each other and my DH and I all the time, they're funny and able to play independently for stretches of time. I would say that around 4 months it got easier (because they started sleeping really well) and it's gotten better and better every single day since. It really does get better. Hang in there!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"