Trying to Get Pregnant

New with questions? Ask Flame Free!

I feel like there are a ton of Newbs with lots of questions.  

Who want to play nice?

And for everyone's reading pleasure-  https://tbttgp.wordpress.com

Re: New with questions? Ask Flame Free!

• If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?
    Edited, because I only plan on eating food, not random objects. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
    The Science Babies debuted 5/6/14 @ 34 weeks
  • Ok ive actually been wondering this for awhile...

Is it better to have sex in the morning or at night? Does it matter?
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• imageJulieSmiles:
    I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

I guess it's possible that it slightly affected your temps, but if you didn't get up to walk around and give a Shakespearean soliloquy, you're probably fine to count the temp you got. Smile 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
  • Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?
    UntitledUntitled
  • imagelilysylvis:
    Where do babies come from?

The butt sex apparently. 

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• imagelookame3639:
    Ok ive actually been wondering this for awhile... Is it better to have sex in the morning or at night? Does it matter?

I have no flipping idea, so I would just say "yes."  Have sex! Smile

But honestly, I have no idea if there is some scientific rationale for one being better than the other - you should just make sure you are enjoying it! 

• imagesheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

I think it is helpful to FF to have that information (depending on the method you have it using to analyze your chart).  I find it helpful because the different CMs can help give you an idea of where you are at in your cycle - but, like OPKs, it isn't a guarantee that anything has actually happened.  But it's another piece of the puzzle. 

• imagesheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minutes and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

The more information you have, the easier it is to interpret normally. You can get fertile CM throughout your cycle, but it can be a good clue that you're in your FW. You don't have to check internally if you're not comfortable with it but I would try to get into the habit of charting it in case you end up having another cycle. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • imagegonzol:

imagecurlylocks3:
    If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?

You wanna come to Sonic with me then? I plan to eat a hot dog. I'll even splurge and get you a limeade. Ya? 

You really know how to spoil a girl! I am so there.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • I'll play.  I'm looking for a chart stalk of last month, I put my CD1 as June 12.  I'm still BFing my son and hadn't had a period since July 2012 so I just picked June 12 as CD1 so I could start charting.  Otherwise FF wouldn't let me see my chart because I was on like CD300+ or something.  Anyway I got CH on CD25 and felt O pain on CD28.  I'm still not convinced I O'd.  What do you think?  I have a lot of open circles because DS wakes up anytime between 5-7 and doesn't always STTN.  I had spotting once on CD33 and then very VERY light flow for 2 days and another day of spotting.  So I'm assuming I did O.  I just hope I'm Oing and my cycles get normal again without having to wean DS because I'm not ready to do that yet.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3583ac 

A little back story, I had DS in March 2012.  I had 2 full heavy periods, 1 at 3 months PP and 1 at 4 months PP (June and July 2012) when my supply was very low.  Once I started taking domperidone and my supply picked up my period went away for almost another year until I had that light flow/spotting ealier this month.

Anyway I'm rambling and this is way longer than I wanted it to be, sorry. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageSpookster:

imagelilysylvis:
    Where do babies come from?

The butt sex apparently. 

Yes That's what DH says, maybe I should listen to him more.

• I'm nauseous, am I prego? 

Hehe.  :) 

• imagecurlylocks3:
    imagegonzol:

imagecurlylocks3:
    If I eat only phallic shaped food during my FW will that guarantee my baby has a penis?

You wanna come to Sonic with me then? I plan to eat a hot dog. I'll even splurge and get you a limeade. Ya? 

Me too, me too!  Cherry Limeade pleeeease! 

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• I'm late and all I get are BFN's. Am I pregnant?
  • imagesunlavender:
    imagecurlylocks3:
    imagegonzol:

imagecurlylocks3:

Me too, me too!  Cherry Limeade pleeeease! 

Confession: I have never been to Sonic.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • imagechickpea912:

imageJulieSmiles:
    I asked a temping question last time there was one of these, but I still have another! I'm definitely over thinking this whole process. This morning, my husband woke me up to tell me goodbye. I was awake less than a minute, but I didn't temp then. I woke up a little later and temped. Could waking up, but not getting up and moving around, just waking up, mess with my temps?

I guess it's possible that it slightly affected your temps, but if you didn't get up to walk around and give a Shakespearean soliloquy, you're probably fine to count the temp you got. Smile 

Well damn, my husband and I reenacted the final scene in Romeo and Juliet. Discard this temp! Just kidding. Thank you for answering. I knew I was way over-thinking it, but it was an important temp!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• imageJulieSmiles:
    It could, but there have been plenty of nights I woke up looked at the clock and went back to sleep and it never messed with my temps.  I say you are good.

• imagesheenaro:
    Whoops! I should have just held my question for a minute and then I wouldn't have been that girl that starts her own thread... fail. But my chart woes bring up another question I have. How important is checking CM? I have just been doing OPKs and now temping... If I had been checking CM would my chart have been easier for FF to interpret?

FF does best with the more information you give it.  Is it necessary?  No, but it will certainly help FF. 

ETA: typing is hard 

• imageBBnut:
    Stupid question: I've never used OPKs before.  When should I start testing?  CD 10?  I guess earlier is better since I don't know what's normal?

My last 8 cycles have been 27 days long (I haven't charted a full month but I had to keep track for the last year for other medical reasons).

This should Help-  https://www.whenmybaby.com/ovulation-test-calculator.php

• imageBBnut:
    Stupid question: I've never used OPKs before.  When should I start testing?  CD 10?  I guess earlier is better since I don't know what's normal?

My last 8 cycles have been 27 days long (I haven't charted a full month but I had to keep track for the last year for other medical reasons).

With 27 day cycles as your norm, CD10 is a good place to start.  I usually start on CD14ish because my cycles are a little longer (30-35) although today is CD14 for me and I got a positive OPK. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I am coming up on 1 year TTC (Aug 4 is 1 year).  Today is my annual and plan on discussing this with my OB.  What should I expect?  Is she supposed to refer me to an RE right away or will I go through any tests/anything with my regular OB? 
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • imageBrightEyes112:
    I have been using ky jelly forever. We used it up until my second and last positive opk day. Did I screw up our chances this month? I totally forgot we were going to go without until that second positive opk.

KY isn't sperm friendly but I know people that have gotten KU using it.  Try preseed if you're still looking for lube.  Its fertility friendly.  That being said, when you get a positive OPK, thats an indication that you'll O in 12-48 hours.  Best to keep HIO in that time frame.  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• imageminiray:

I'll play.  I'm looking for a chart stalk of last month, I put my CD1 as June 12.  I'm still BFing my son and hadn't had a period since July 2012 so I just picked June 12 as CD1 so I could start charting.  Otherwise FF wouldn't let me see my chart because I was on like CD300+ or something.  Anyway I got CH on CD25 and felt O pain on CD28.  I'm still not convinced I O'd.  What do you think?  I have a lot of open circles because DS wakes up anytime between 5-7 and doesn't always STTN.  I had spotting once on CD33 and then very VERY light flow for 2 days and another day of spotting.  So I'm assuming I did O.  I just hope I'm Oing and my cycles get normal again without having to wean DS because I'm not ready to do that yet.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3583ac 

A little back story, I had DS in March 2012.  I had 2 full heavy periods, 1 at 3 months PP and 1 at 4 months PP (June and July 2012) when my supply was very low.  Once I started taking domperidone and my supply picked up my period went away for almost another year until I had that light flow/spotting ealier this month.

Anyway I'm rambling and this is way longer than I wanted it to be, sorry. 

Well, both charts I see look to be annovulatory.  The bonus is your always O before your period. There is no harm in temping and/or OPK use.  Plenty of woman are breasting feeding and get pregnancy.  GL to you! 

• Not a newbie, but maybe a stupid question.  Does the day you get your period count towards the length of your LP?

Hypothetically say O is CD 20, and then you get your period on CD 30.  So CD 30 is also CD 1, then is the LP 9 or 10 days long?

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• imagemrskelly731:
    I am coming up on 1 year TTC (Aug 4 is 1 year).  Today is my annual and plan on discussing this with my OB.  What should I expect?  Is she supposed to refer me to an RE right away or will I go through any tests/anything with my regular OB? 

That depends on both your comfort level and that of your OB. Personally, mine is very up-front with the fact that she does not have training for fertility testing and wanted it done by an RE. She was willing to order my HSG (but one of her partners did it) and a few other tests so that we'd have the results in time for my RE appointment. 
    If you do begin testing with your OB please be sure to educate yourself on what needs to be checked and be aware that some REs prefer to repeat the tests themselves. 
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • imagemrskelly731:
    I am coming up on 1 year TTC (Aug 4 is 1 year).  Today is my annual and plan on discussing this with my OB.  What should I expect?  Is she supposed to refer me to an RE right away or will I go through any tests/anything with my regular OB? 

I started with my OB.  At the time, I needed a referral to get to an RE per my insurance company.  My OB did CD 3 bloodwork and a saline sonogram. She ensured that we got my DH a SA.  When all of that came back normal, she referred to a RE since whatever problem was out of her league.  He ran all of the tests again, and found the MFI diagnosis and later on the NK cells.  So you can certainly start with your OB, but many will not recognize their limitations like mine did.  If they start prescribing you drugs without monitoring or doing proper testing, ask for a referral to a RE immediately.  Good luck!

My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• imagejefa621:

imagesheenaro:

More information is always better, but it's not required.  Though when you start seeing fertile CM it's a great secondary way (along with OPK's) to know O might be happening soon and you should be having regular sex. 

Love your pups!

Looks like I'll be starting to track CM too! The more I know the better... Thanks to all who replied. 

UntitledUntitled
  • So the ladies that wanna try having ED or EOB sex all month long in order to get KU, wouldn't it be easier on the vagina if their s/o just jerked off until he was ready to ejaculate and then just stuck it in the vagina and came?

I know, so romantic right?

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageteal owl:

So the ladies that wanna try having ED or EOB sex all month long in order to get KU, wouldn't it be easier on the vagina if their s/o just jerked off until he was ready to ejaculate and then just stuck it in the vagina and came?

I don't think that qualifies as making love though.
    image  image
    О Привязать! Z!
  • imageteal owl:

So the ladies that wanna try having ED or EOB sex all month long in order to get KU, wouldn't it be easier on the vagina if their s/o just jerked off until he was ready to ejaculate and then just stuck it in the vagina and came?

Ah, the old stroke and poke method. 

• Can I have a chart stalk please! FF seems confused it keeps changing it, do you think I Od on day 34, 35 or maybe not at all! 

Edit: numbers are hard 

• imagemathewsh:
    Can I have a chart stalk please! FF seems confused it keeps changing it, do you think I Od on day 16, 17 or maybe not at all?

Looks like CD34 to me.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I will play!! I am new to the world of OPKs I just ordered some off of Amazon. I think I saw on here its best to test twice? Then once I get a postive that means I should get it on? I feel like that seems fairly obvi but I just wanted to double check!!
  • imageAlfiesMOM:
    I will play!! I am new to the world of OPKs I just ordered some off of Amazon. I think I saw on here its best to test twice? Then once I get a postive that means I should get it on? I feel like that seems fairly obvi but I just wanted to double check!!

Yes. It's better if you temp too so you can keep HIO out until you see a temp shift and get O confirmed. But if you're just using OPKs then have sex for a couple days after that positive test.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• Newb here.  DH and I have a DD who is 13 1/2 months. She still BFs at night before bed.  We were not TTC when we conceived her, though I was charting my temp (so yes, if you have sex within a day or so of your suspected O day, you could get prego! charting is def. not 100% lol)

So my question is - what are the earliest signs of pregnancy?  I have been BFing LO since day one, so Aunt Flo didn't come back until she was 10 months old... then I didn't get another cycle for 3 months (first day was july 1).  DH and I are kind of TTC (would be nice to have a spring baby!) and lately I've been super tired and feeling a little bloated. 

I don't want to run out and spend $20 on a pregnancy test quite yet since I haven't even missed a period yet, but I can't help but wonder. I just don't have a strong intuition this time though b/c BFing just makes fertility and cycles all screwy so I don't have a regular schedule to go off of.

Thoughts??

FWIW- I have an annual well-woman exam next week. Can they tell just from a normal exam whether or not pregnant?

PitaPata Dog tickers

• How can I get the Bump to save my freaking signature??

imageimage

TTC #1 January 2009
    January 2010 SA results: Count 16 million, Motility 40%, Morphology 2%
    January 2010- Surprise BFP! DS born 10/1/2010 :)
    January 2013 TTC #2
    September 2013 Repeat SA: Count= 1.7 million, Motility= 24%, Morphology= 2%
    November 6th 1st Appointment with RE: diagnosed with severe MFI
    Testing to try to determine a cause & possible treatment for MFI
    CD 3 blood work for me. RE does not want to repeat my HSG/lap at this point,
    but may want to before moving forward with any fertility treatments.
    After seeing the uro, DH is currently taking lots of supplements and clomid to try to boost his count. We will have a repeat SA in February to see if it works.
    Follow up SA numbers are: Count= 4 million, Motility= 40%, Morphology= 1%
    Uro wants us to have another follow up SA 5/9 to see if we see further improvement than we are back to the RE to make a game plan.

SA 5/9/2014 Count: 12 Million, Motility: 60%, and Morphology 2%. We will be doing iui #1 in late June

IUI #1 6/28 clomid + ovidrel, post wash count 3 million total sperm= BFN

IUI # 2 7/21 clomid+ ovidrel. post wash count 900,000 total sperm= BFN

IVF planned for early November- cancelled due to cyst

December IVF #1- 22 eggs, 20 mature,16 fertilized

12/9 Transferred 1 4AA Blast, 6 frosties

*****Everyone is welcome******

• Curious for the ladies that stim... What is the longest you've stimmed? I'm on day 17 of gonal-f. Feels like forever... 
    TTC w/ pcos since 02/11
    09/12 lap/hysteroscopy =removal of mass on bladder, possible blocked tubes
    12/12 hysteroscopy=tubes clear. uterine septum removed
    01/13 fermara step up + iui=cancelled due to no response
    02/13 clomid step up + iui=cancelled due to no response
    07/13 gonal-f + trigger + b2b iui = bfn
    08/13 bravelle(slow response) switched to menopur + trigger + b2b iui = bfn
    10/13 - IVF#1 w/ ICIS. ER= 10/29/13 (21R 10F 6 blasts made it to freeze)
    11/25/13 - FET #1, transfer 2=bfn
    03/03/14 - FET #2, transfer 2 frosties=BFP! beta#1=22, beta#2=43, beta#3=120. Ectopic Pregnancy 6w5d
    07/31/14 - FET #3, transfer our last two.
    robot photo 1d042e4e-97d6-426a-8873-4a04b9903715_zpsfa9a4a7c.jpg       
  • imageTLooney17:
    How can I get the Bump to save my freaking signature??

Hit save 8 times in a row and shake your iPad. It worked for me. 

• imageRugbyMamma:

Newb here.  DH and I have a DD who is 13 1/2 months. She still BFs at night before bed.  We were not TTC when we conceived her, though I was charting my temp (so yes, if you have sex within a day or so of your suspected O day, you could get prego! charting is def. not 100% lol)

Were you TTA and having sex within a day or so of O? I'm so confused.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"