December 2013 Moms

Positive Neural Tube Defect Test

I just got a call from the Dr and she said the test came back positive for Neural Tube Defect and I need to go in for a more intense U/S then the 1 already scheduled.

Anyone else come out positive for this? I'm a crying mess right now. She said there's still a chance that everything is ok but they won't know until further testing.

Re: Positive Neural Tube Defect Test

• See my post below. My baby has a neural tube defect. Hugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry. When is your ultrasound. Sometimes it ends up being nothing. Did they tell you your ratio or percentage?
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear. Hope it's nothing!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Wishing you the best. Your ultrasound will provide more information. Try not to stress too much. It is so difficult to receive this kind of news. I'm sorry you both are going through this. 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Hoping the better ultrasound will yield good results. Praying for you and your LO.
  • I'm so sorry. Thoughts and prayers with you, and I'm hoping that it all turns out to be ok. 
  • imageTigger pooh:
    I am sorry. When is your ultrasound. Sometimes it ends up being nothing. Did they tell you your ratio or percentage?

No Dr didn't give me any type of percentage. Should I call back and ask?
  • Did they tell you your ratio? Please understand this does not mean there is anything wrong with your baby, just that the screening test said there MIGHT be an issue. I hope they explained that to you. Please be sensitive to those whose babies have CONFIRMED diagnosis. It's a very sensitive subject for them. I hope your baby is just fine.
    **Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• I'm so sorry :[
    BFP#1 9/28/2012 - EDD 6/3/2013 - MMC discovered 11/21/2012 @ 12w2d - D&C 11/24/2012
    BFP#2 4/4/2013 - Born at 37w3d on 11/26/13 via emergency c-section
    Loving our beautiful rainbow baby boy Archer!

~*All AL Welcome*~
  • Hoping the US yeilds better results and this was just a scare.  I understand as I too went through about 6 weeks of limbo hell waiting for results for possible genetic defects.  We ended up having an amnio to confirm and our little boy got the all clear.  I will keep you in my thoughts and hope for the same for you.

Married: 6/16/12
    CP: 01/2011 |  MMC: 01/2012  |  MMC: 10/2012  |  DS: 11/2013  |  MMC: 11/2014  |  DD: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/2018 - EDD: 02/09/2019
  • imageJullianasMommy:
    imageTigger pooh:
    I am sorry. When is your ultrasound. Sometimes it ends up being nothing. Did they tell you your ratio or percentage?

You can it may or may not help you feel a bit better. Have you had any bleeding? KateMW had a positive screen and they think it was from a SCH or some other bleeding she had. Of course until the u/s you won't know for sure but sometimes it helps to have something positive to hold onto.
  • Postive thoughts coming your way.
  • imageBootsOrHearts:
    Did they tell you your ratio? Please understand this does not mean there is anything wrong with your baby, just that the screening test said there MIGHT be an issue. I hope they explained that to you. Please be sensitive to those whose babies have CONFIRMED diagnosis. It's a very sensitive subject for them. I hope your baby is just fine.

Exactly this. All of it. I was one who had an increased result on the test and have since found out that the baby does not have a NTD. Also, the increased amount of the chemical that they are testing for could mean a number of other things as well, such as gestational diabetes or can be caused by any prior bleeding you've had during your pregnancy.  

• Hoping you get more answers with the level two u/s. T&Ps

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• I am sorry you are going through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope it ends up being nothing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage
  • imageTigger & pooh:
    imageJullianasMommy:
    imageTigger pooh:

You can it may or may not help you feel a bit better. Have you had any bleeding? KateMW had a positive screen and they think it was from a SCH or some other bleeding she had. Of course until the u/s you won't know for sure but sometimes it helps to have something positive to hold onto.

Yes I did have a SCH at 12 weeks. Makes me feel better!! I also have been reading up on the Internet and they say there are a lot of false positives.

I also talked to 1 of my sister in laws because I know she had tested positive for downs with her son. She said not only did the blood test show signs but her level 2 U/S confirmed babies Down syndrome and Dr. even talked over their options. She had him and no signs of downs and now he's 10 and is perfectly healthy with nothing wrong. So that brings so much hope!!

Thanks Ladies!!!
  • I hope your ultrasound goes well. Try to be positive maybe it's nothing at all. You and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Thoughts and prayers.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• lp0lp0 member
    I don't have anything helpful to offer other then I'll be thinking of you and your lo.
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• I am so sorry. Prayers for you and your lo.
  • J&PJaxJ&PJax member
    Prayers for good news for you at your u/s.
    image"">photo 5aa70bd1-35a2-4fdc-86d5-7d5bb7b5c3a1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"