Babies: 3 - 6 Months

FTM feeding question

My baby boy just turned 16 weeks old. He wants to eat every 34 hours. I heard that as they get older, feeding's slows down and you get longer stretch's between feedings. True??? My thoughts on that is , as they GROW they need even more food! But what do I know, not much lol.
What are your feeding times like?
DUE DATE ~ April 15 2013

Re: FTM feeding question

• Three to four hours is what I meant to say. Mobilenot every 34 hrs lol
    DUE DATE ~ April 15 2013
  • mnj05mnj05 member

My son just turned 20 weeks Friday and we still feed every 3-4 hours. He's up to 6 ounces a bottle now and just started going 4 hours (sometimes 3 1/2) between bottles.

My niece will be a year old next week and while she's never been on a true schedule (SIL just feeds on demand and never noticed the time in between), she always has a sippy cup of formula with her. She breast feeds at nap time and before bed only now, they're trying to wean, so that's twice sometimes 3 times. She also has solids at every meal and as an afternoon snack. I would say her feeding times haven't necessarily changed, just what she eats and how much.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Well, every four hours isn't all that crazy and I consider that "stretched out."  Think about how you eat - breakfast at 8, lunch around noon, dinner around 6.  He's not that far off from how an adult eats (plus we probably toss at least one snack in there somewhere). 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• RN2011RN2011 member
    Our daughter will be 6 months next week and she drinks 8oz of formula every 4 hours or so.  Her last bottle is usually around 9-9:30 and she sleeps through the night until about 7.  I give her baby food (1tbsp) in the afternoon and rice cereal (1tbsp) in the evening.  The baby food and rice cereal is more so she starts learning how to eat solids rather than for nutritional purposes.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • our LO in the past week or so just dropped to  a 4 bottle schedule. her feeding times look like

7/730-"breakfast" bottle

1130/12-"lunch" bottle

330/400-"dinner" bottle

7/730-night time bottle

She takes anywhere from 6-8 oz per bottle, usually average 28 oz in a day.  She STTN from night time to around 6/7 in the morning. 

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • DD is 18 weeks old and EBF. She eats around every 1-2 hrs and always has. The longest time she's gone without is ON, maybe 5 or 6 hours
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During the dy 3-4 hours is great, but I'd be trying to stretch him to 4 hours.  If he's not making it that long, it's probably time to up the ounces.  When they time starts shrinking, it's probably time to increase the voume by an ounce.  It'll take a few feedings for them to adjust, but they will.  Once they are getting enough during the day, the night stretches will lengthen and it will be wonderful :)

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• 3-4 hours during the day is a stretch! My 4 mo nurses every 2 hours most of the day. DD1 and DD2 never went more than 4 hours without nursing or eating something. I don't even go more than 4 hours without eating!
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"