November 2012 Moms

Barefoot in public

DS is barefoot pretty much all the time. I used to put socks and/or shoes on him all the time, but I stopped in June because it's hot, and he normally kicked them off anyway.

Is it ok to take him places like grocery stores, church, and restaurants with no shoes on? At what age is it considered inappropriate to go around barefoot all the time? I guess when he starts walking?

And here's a fun pic of him helping me shop. He seemed really interested in this UGA colored rug...we'll have to teach him better taste when he gets older. J/k.

Re: Barefoot in public

• Haha love the pic. So cute. I still keep Benjamin barefoot all the time. We occasionally put on sandals, but it's short lived. I don't see anything wrong with it until they start walking. It's summertime and they're just little people. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • K is a barefoot kind of guy! When he starts walking or showing signs of trying to walk he will wear them more often

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • All I'm gonna say is: Ringworm

Cu goes everywhere barefoot too.

We went to a BWing meetup a few weeks back and I'm pretty sure he contracted this skeevy fungus while there. Barefoot.

Last time we went, I made sure to put socks on him.

Regarding stores and such, he's still barefoot
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Matthew is barefoot everywhere we go except for Open Gym on Fridays at the gymnastics center.  Shoes will definitely become a part of getting ready once he starts walking though.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • Eh, he's got the rest of his life to wear shoes and socks. Unless it's cold, H is barefoot until walking.

image   My chart 

• Always barefoot.  Confession, I don't think he even has any socks or shoes that fit him right now.  His socks are all too small, and the shoes are too big, ha!

Once he starts walking around or even crawling around outdoors, or in public then I'll have him wear them.

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imageLuckyMissus:

Always barefoot.  Confession, I don't think he even has any socks or shoes that fit him right now.  His socks are all too small, and the shoes are too big, ha!

Once he starts walking around or even crawling around outdoors, or in public then I'll have him wear them.

This exactly.

• Barefoot all day. Everyday. 

Unless his feet are freezing.

If its warm out, he does not wear socks when we go out to stores or the park or anywhere else. 

When at home he is barefoot to give him grip on the hardwood and ceramic flooring. I don't want him slipping in socks all day long while he tries to figure out walking.

When he officially starts walking in stores and such, he will wear shoes.  

• C is always barefoot. 
  • Also barefoot unless he's walking on my fingers outside. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS is barefoot all of the time.  I think its too hot for sox and shoes, and sandals get taken off.  So we are barefoot until he walks.
  • Em is always barefoot. It's too hot for socks here. I overheard an old lady at the grocery store the other day comment about how Emily's feet are cold. Really lady, it's over 100 degrees outside I'm sure she's not cold!
  • imageChickie79:
    No! Not a UGA rug! Point him towards some gold and white pronto!

G has to wear socks to daycare, but he is barefoot everywhere else.

Aw man, you mean to tell me the other 2 GA gals are Tech fans??? Ick :

• Barefoot all the time, daycare, home, out shopping. She will wear shoes when she can walk or when the temps drop. Until then it's too hot for socks.
  • jg1011jg1011 member

imagerdmitten:
    At home, barefoot. In public, A wears socks all the time. The one time he didn't, this old lady kept bugging me to touch his chubby feet. Back the eff off, grandma.

LMAO miten!

V was wearing shoes and socks all the time. Now that it's summer and he has discovered he can take them off h's often barefoot. He will be in shoes or at leat socks once he starts daycare in Sept.

I remember reading somewhere that it's better for them to be barefoot? Was that a bump email?  

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MaebbMaebb member
    imageAM85:
    imageChickie79:

Tech grad and Tech fan. Go Jackets!
  • Maebb said:

imageAM85:
    imageChickie79:

Tech grad and Tech fan. Go Jackets!

Weeelll, okay I guess if you're a graduate I won't give you a hard time. I'm from Athens so naturally a UGA fan. I'm also a Clemson fan so you can doubly dislike me. Ha ha.

• barefoot all the time.  its summer!!!  but - i do have to remember to wash/wipe her feet throughout the day as she still likes to eat them! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"