Cloth Diapering

GMD Workhorse Fitteds Question

I have heard great things from several of you wonderful ladies on this board about the GMD Workhorse Fitteds and I plan on ordering some for our LO due November.  Do you ladies recommend the snaps or the ones without fasteners?  We'll use snappis not diaper pins if that makes a difference-- I'm too much of a klutz for pins.   
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GMD Workhorse Fitteds Question

• I prefer snaps, but I'm too lazy to even get out the snappi.
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • I'd like to add onto OP's question - for those who use these, do you just use them for newborns or do the larger sizes work well too? I have a stash of BG4.0 already.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I use snaps and have found that you can still use a snappi as well for better fit. So DH uses snaps and I sometimes use snappi or snaps depending on mood and wiggliness of baby.

LO is 14.5 months now and we've been using GMD fitteds since LO was 3 months and outgrew the nb fitteds. The red edged until ~7 months and the brown edged ones since.  They're great for daytime and naps.

• We use these almost exclusively.  Started with them and prefolds.  Ended up liking these way better.  We do have some pockets, but I don't trust them as much as these.  Never have had a blow out and leakage has only happened to us when we don''t tuck it into the cover properly and it gets his clothes a little damp where it touched. 

The decision was based on our washing routine.  Figured it was easiest for us to get 100% cotton, seems more forgiving than micro fiber.  (Our opinion exclusively.  My sister in law has a baby three weeks younger and has a stash of Kawaii that she loves.) They are a tad bulky for daytime use, but he's not crawling yet.  BTW, DS is 3 months old tomorrow.  I'm curious how they'll do when he's mobile.  

I'd suggest closure-less, that way they can fit longer and different body types.  I'm a stay at home dad and this is super easy for me.  We use snappis as well.

We started with 6 orange edge and 6 yellow edge to try them out. He was born at 7lbs 12oz and was only in the orange for a couple weeks.  We loved them so much we ordered 16 red edge.  It's plenty for us for two days but I do a load once a day, we have one of those small stackable washers, and I find it to be no big deal at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jennyelf would it work to just add a stay dry liner?
    I used sposies at night for DD, but hoping not to with this LO. He is only 5 weeks so we are still changing his diaper every 23 hours. Right now I'm using prefolds and fitteds with stay dry liners.
  • hst said:
    Jennyelf would it work to just add a stay dry liner?
    I used sposies at night for DD, but hoping not to with this LO. He is only 5 weeks so we are still changing his diaper every 23 hours. Right now I'm using prefolds and fitteds with stay dry liners.
    We do use a liner, but the sides still get wet and being wet around his hips seems to still irritate him, or so we thought. Last night we stuck him in 2 prefolds with a fleece liner and he slept until 6am! Babies are so fickle! :P
  • I'm hoping my LO will tolerate a fitted with a liner when he i Stops pooping at night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"