November 2012 Moms

Babywearers

I recently started this again. I have stopped my dogs from using the patio as their personal toilet and now have to walk them throughout the day. It's better for them and for us! So I brought out the baby bjorn, thinking that the moby wouldn't work anymore since he's so big. No problems with the bjorn, it's actually super easy and fast. But I saw at Target the other day that the moby is actually good up to 35 pounds while the bjorn is good until 25. We are already weighing in over 20 pounds and I don't want to have to stop babywearing at 25. So are any of you wearing the moby? Is it harder at this age? Comfortable?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Babywearers

• You probably ::could:: still use the Moby for a bit longer, but you might not find it comfortable. Since it's stretchy, it gets less and less supportive the bigger baby gets.

If you're still interested in wrapping, you can invest in a woven wrap. They're like Mobys, but don't stretch. They're able to last through toddlerhood...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I still love the Moby but mainly use it around the house as it's a pain to put on- say when I'm in the parking lot of the grocery store. We're only at 17 lbs but it's still very comfortable for me. I've started wrapping her to sit more on my hip because she likes seeing out. I recently bought the Ergo and I'm in love with it. It's recommended weight is 45 lbs or longer if you're comfortable. It's tested at 90 lbs. Um, could you imagine lugging around a 90lbs child? Lol. I digress. I'd love to try more wraps, I just don't even know where to begin because the options are overwhelming. 

• Loading the player...
  • I had to stop wearing the Moby at about 15 lbs.  I'm sure you could possibly hip carry with it, but our little guy stretched it to the point of it being uncomfortable to wear.  I second the Ergo if you're wanting to buy something different.  I also have a ring sling for quick in-and-outs that works great.
    I: November 2011 
    M: November 2012
  • tngrl3tngrl3 member

imagerachael_c26:
    You probably ::could:: still use the Moby for a bit longer, but you might not find it comfortable. Since it's stretchy, it gets less and less supportive the bigger baby gets. If you're still interested in wrapping, you can invest in a woven wrap. They're like Mobys, but don't stretch. They're able to last through toddlerhood...

This. I stopped using the Moby a while ago with N and he is just now at about 15 lbs. when we went on longer walks it would stretch out so much even if I tied it really tight to start with. He would end up in a not so great position and it would get kind of uncomfortable. Plus it's SO much fabric. And it's really hot. I am a big woven wrap fan. I actually don't own a stroller because I always wear him when out and about and even at home. I even wore him at the beach this past week. All that bring said you can give the Moby a try just make sure it's really snug.  

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also love my woven wrap and our ergo...much easier than a stroller for us. We also have a Bjorn, but H is getting too heavy for it. I think I stopped using the Moby when he was around 17 lbs or so, because it was not as comfortable.

image   My chart 

• imagekiraliz2:
    No, don't get a Moby at this weight.

Oh. I read it that she already had one, but thought it wasn't going to work anymore.

OP. I agree. If you're asking if you should buy a Moby at this point. No, you shouldn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagekiraliz2:
    35 lbs? The makers of the Moby are high.

I do have one. But I packed I away with his clothes thinking it wouldn't be any good anymore. Ok I'm going to stick with the bjorn until he reaches 25 and then look into something else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"