March 2013 Moms
Options

Postpartum Cravings?

Anyone else having intense food cravings at this point? I didn't have them much while pregnant, but now I want chocolate ALL the time! Which is tough cause we are financially strapped and I can't just buy some chocolate or whatever else I'm craving that day. I also feel more hungry now than in the past few weeks. What's the deal?

Re: Postpartum Cravings?

• Options
    Yes!  I basically still feel the same as when I was pregnant - and most days I still eat that way too. :)  Are you breastfeeding?  I think that's what is making me hungry all the time...as for cravings I have no idea.  I didn't have them real strong during pregnancy either, and they aren't that crazy now, but I definitely find myself craving random things.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
  • Options
    Yes!! I want chocolate too! I think mine is related to breastfeeding though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am breastfeeding too. Maybe that is what's causing it. Glad to know it's not just me.
  • Options
    Yep!!! I wanted absolutely nothing to do with sugar or sweet things while pregnant and now I want it. ALL. THE. TIME.!!!!! and it's catching up to me :-S

• Options
    I could stay on a gluten free gd diet while pg for the sake of LO, but now, I have a bard time turning down the pizza and baked goodies. I also am breastfeeding and ped said to treat LO as milk allergic and its a good thing I havent noticed a change in ds since I started eating dairy again in small qty since I was starting to go nuts not having cheese and yogurt.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options

Yep!!! I wanted absolutely nothing to do with sugar or sweet things while pregnant and now I want it. ALL. THE. TIME.!!!!! and it's catching up to me :-S

This is me too! I'm normally a big sugar tooth but whole pregnant it just didn't appeal to me. Now I feel like I'm making up for all that lost time!
  • Options
    Hahaha...I tore my office apart today looking for swedish fish. (I had tons of them stashed when I was preggo). But I never found them. It has to be the breastfeeding!
  • Options
    I always want chocolate all the time!!!

• Options
    My big thing has been hard boiled eggs.  I could eat a dozen a day! (But I won't... lol)
  • Options
    Lex703Lex703 member
    Yes! I've had so many hot wings in the past 4 months I'm almost back to my pregnancy weight! Lol
  • Options
    When I first read this post a couple weeks ago I thought it was crazy. Now I am living it!! I've been dairy and nut free for baby while bfing. Last night I caved and had a huge slice of chocolate cake. I'm still losing weight, lower than my start weight, so I think my body needs the food. Anyway, my cravings are pizza, sticky buns, donuts, pancakes, etc. since the cake last night my sweets cravings have somewhat subsided.
    We'll see how much I regret the cake when/if baby starts spitting up :-/
  • Options
    Spicy stuff!

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• Options
    Carbs and chocolate! I EB and lost all my pregnancy 2 wks pp. now I'm still breast feeding but my cravings have been out of control and I'm starting to put back some of the weight. I feel WAY hungrier now than when I was pregnant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"