Trying to Get Pregnant

Tested too early DH upset

Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy.
I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset!

Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

ETA: I took it a week early... I forgot that the sell HPT at the dollar store that's a great idea! I left the wrapper in the garbage stupidly and DH found it and asked already knowing it was neg... In a pissy tone like ok seriously!?

ETA: I did not cry and freak out about it I was ticked off that I wasted the HPT lol

Re: Tested too early DH upset

• DH and I tried to agree ahead of time on when to test. He actually wanted me test earlier, but I told him about chemical pregnancies and how it can be frustrating, so we agreed to test only when AF is late. 

I ended up having this weird pre-menstrual spotting that lasted quite long, so I tested when AF was due, because I was confused why I was spotting for so long. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How early did you test? and how did you react after you got the negative hpt?

BabyFetus Ticker

Savannah Mommy and Daddy can't wait to meet you.

BabyName Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I went through the same thing last month!  He thinks I'm wasting money on too many HPTs.  I tried explaining to him that this is something I have been wanting for a long time and I waited for him to be ready, so it's ok for me to be SUPER excited about it!  I am pretty sure I tried to relate it to hunting and him getting his 1st big buck and how he probably got trigger happy...(I may have been trying a little hard) But it seemed to work!  Got him to laugh anyway...then he just rolled his eyes at me! Not sure if that helps at all...:)
  • If and whrn I test I test without him knowing then hide the box and test. If I do tell him he doesnt really care because he feels whenever we get pregnant then that was the right time for us to be pregnant...

I do however get pissed at myself for wasteing a test..
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • imagejefa621:
    I don't show or tell DH when I test.  I'll show him when it's positive.  Though he did see a test in the trash once.  All he said was "are you peesticking yourself?"  LOL

This.

One can have a chemical pregnancy even after a period is due.  I am starting to think people don't really know what a "chemical pregnancy" means. 

• It is usually the opposite in our house.  DH starts bugging me about being pregnant a week after ovulation.  I hate seeing negatives and would rather not test, but he generally insists so I'll go and show him a negative test and that usually buys me a few more days.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• With DS I tested at 9DPO and got a positive, my problem was that I kept peeing on sticks for days after to make sure I was "still pregnant".  DH didn't like it because it was making me nervous and he wanted me to just enjoy being pregnant and not constantly worrying and peeing on things.  And of course they cost a fortune because I kept using FRERs. 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Is he mad that you wasted $$ on a test that you knew would come back BFN or he mad that you got a BFN? 

I can see how he could be upset that you wasted the test knowing it was too early, knowing you would get a BFN but taking it anyways; however, I don't think he should have gotten "really upset" with you.  I would be interested to know what does "really upset" mean?  If he just said "seriously" in a pissy tone I wouldn't call that "really upset".  

Personally, this is our first month TTC and I know I will be itching to test; however, why the heck would you ever test that early when you KNOW it is going to be a BFN. Uh, talk about setting yourself up for disappointment and just pissing $$ away.  I might test before my expected AF by one or two days; however, I am going to refuse to even buy an HPT before two days before my expected AF.  I see no point in doing so before hand. 

Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• There are so many sticks around the house that have been peed on, Hubs isn't quite sure what is for what. If he found an HPT, he'd probably think it was an OPK and ask if it was go time.

I don't get why your husband was upset. If money is that tight, buy Wondfos and pee on them to your heart's content. 

But really, stop testing early. There's no point in testing super early. Maybe 10 DPO if you think you have a good shot, but I won't bother until 12 DPO anymore. And I won't use an expensive one until I get a positive on a Wondfo.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• imagelaulaur:
    Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy. I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset! Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

ETA: I took it a week early... I forgot that the sell HPT at the dollar store that's a great idea! I left the wrapper in the garbage stupidly and DH found it and asked already knowing it was neg... In a pissy tone like ok seriously!?

ETA: I did not cry and freak out about it I was ticked off that I wasted the HPT lol

This is a pretty shiite way to act towards your wife.  Does he know you are TTC? 

• imagedouglamj:
    I went through the same thing last month! nbsp;He thinks I'm wasting money on too many HPTs. nbsp;I tried explaining to him that this is something I have been wanting for a long time and I waited for him to be ready, so it's ok for me to be SUPER excited about it! nbsp;I am pretty sure I tried to relate it to hunting and him getting his 1st big buck and how he probably got trigger happy...I may have been trying a little hard But it seemed to work! nbsp;Got him to laugh anyway...then he just rolled his eyes at me! Not sure if that helps at all...:

Thats too funny and a great way to explain it to DH! I love it that does help thanks!
  • imagejefa621:

I don't show or tell DH when I test.  I'll show him when it's positive.  Though he did see a test in the trash once.  All he said was "are you peesticking yourself?"  LOL

ETA:  Why exactly was he pissy?  Because you wasted a test?  Because it was negative?  Because you didn't tell him? 

I don't understand a husband who would be pissy about their wife peeing on a stick.  I don't think it's any big deal either way.  But I guess I might be the minority.

I am with you, Girl. My DH couldn't care less.  I this we need to make a club.   

• imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:
    I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset!

Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

This is a pretty shiite way to act towards your wife.  Does he know you are TTC? 

Yes he knows!! lol I hope he knows jk jk jk...that would be an interesting conversation!

ETA yes he knows
  • I need to tell my husband I love him today. 
    TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• My husband would think I was being ridiculous and probably laugh, but in a playful way, and not an angry way. He's a big advocate that we just relax, have fun, and let it happen, so he's not a fan of me obsessing over the process, but he knows how I am and I'm never gonna change, so he's just gotta deal! Good luck!
  • imageMeatandBandP:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:

Yea was he saying Ok, seriously about it being negative or about you wasting tests?

If its about it being negative, that's pretty rude.  

Her was saying it like duh it was negative I agree it was rude.
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imagelaulaur:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:
    Last night I took a HPT out of curiosity and DH got a little pissy. I know it was prob a waste of a test but there is no shortage of HPT in the world. Yes it was too early for me to be taking HPT. To me it's not the end of the world. I'm excited and so so so want this more than anything but I just got ahead of myself. He got really upset! Have any of you experienced this with your DH and how did you handle it with them?

Yes he knows!! lol I hope he knows jk jk jk...that would be an interesting conversation!

Stop with the lol's and the jks. It's obnoxious.

Stop pretending that you don't like it. 

• imageGhostMonkey:
    imagelaulaur:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:

Stop with the lol's and the jks. It's obnoxious.

Sorry I'll stop
  • imagesavannah_girl:
    Take your name out of your siggy.

I think we need to revisit this again.

• imagesavannah_girl:

This! Not sure you want your full name and location out there on the internet...

Regarding the question, I do not tell DH every time I test. I tell him when I know we are not KTFU (based on AFs arrival) and I'll tell him when I get my BFP!

UntitledUntitled
  • imageGhostMonkey:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagesavannah_girl:

I think we need to revisit this again.

Your siggy is making me want hot dogs. Hoar.

TODAY IS NATIONAL HOT DOG DAY!! 

• I've been trying to fix this if so you know what I'm sorry my 5000000 times deleting and saving it has its not by choice and def not what I am on here to discus so lets stop being nasty about it I'm seriously working on it!
  • My H would flip if he knew how often I tested. I just don't tell him and I hide the evidence. He doesn't want me to test too early (or often) because of money and the disappointment. Plus, he knows how obsessive I get.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagelaulaur:
    I've been trying to fix this if so you know what I'm sorry my 5000000 times deleting and saving it has its not by choice and def not what I am on here to discus so lets stop being nasty about it I'm seriously working on it!

You have to hit save about 10 times in a row. 

TTC Since July 2012
    BFP #1 11/07/12   M/C 12/11/12
    BFP #2 2/23/13    M/C 03/6/13
                       BFP #3 9/2/13  EDD 05/17/14                     
    Amy Elaine Born May 2!

• imagelaulaur:
    I've been trying to fix this if so you know what I'm sorry my 5000000 times deleting and saving it has its not by choice and def not what I am on here to discus so lets stop being nasty about it I'm seriously working on it!

This is what you do.  Go to the set and go to your profile that way.  Delete everything in your siggy and hit the save button about 25 times.

Repeat till your name is gone.  

I am being totally serious, there are crazy people on here. 

• I have done that it won't work sorry for making you all want to eat hot dogs whatever that is code for I'm doing my best sorry
  • imagelaulaur:
    I have done that it won't work sorry for making you all want to eat hot dogs whatever that is code for I'm doing my best sorry

In all seriousness, I would keep trying and still if it does not work I would make a new account.   

• imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:

This is what you do.  Go to the set and go to your profile that way.  Delete everything in your siggy and hit the save button about 25 times.

ETA: ok thank you ill keep trying
  • imagelaulaur:
    I have done that it won't work sorry for making you all want to eat hot dogs whatever that is code for I'm doing my best sorry

That is about banker's siggy.... With all the hot dogs in it...

Just keep saving until you see it is gone. People aren't being nasty... it's not a good idea to have that information out there. 

UntitledUntitled
  • imagelaulaur:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:

ETA: ok thank you ill keep trying

Deleting and making a new account thanks ladies
  • imagelaulaur:
    imageBanker&BSN:

imagelaulaur:

Am I the only one who is confused by this answer? So does he know or not?

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• imageMeatandBandP:

imagelaulaur:

Banker's siggy  has hot dogs in it. Chill out.  

oooo sorry haha.
  • JsRibJsRib member

imagelaulaur:

thats the funniest sentence I've read in my life. 

• imageJsRib:

imagelaulaur:

That was my intention but I didn't know it was someone's siggy! Trying to fix my siggy issue right now.
  • imagelaulaur:
    imageJsRib:

imagelaulaur:

That was my intention but I didn't know it was someone's siggy! Trying to fix my siggy issue right now.

Hey, you did it Lau! 

• imageGhostMonkey:

imageStr31:
    Why would any H be upset you are testing?? If you are TTC together testing is part of it! Sure, early testing is a waste but getting angry about a few bucks to calm your TTC nerves?? I mean I could see it if you were doing it daily.

Am I alone here? My H is usually the one telling me to test early!

I would venture a guess that he was "upset" with her for working herself into such a crazy place that she thought testing a week before her period was a good idea.

She seems like the type that might just try to turn nothing into something and go off the deep end pretty quickly. My guess is the "duh" was in an attempt to get her to reign in her irrational behavior. And good luck to him with that.

I'm not asking for you to analyze my personality and I will wish him luck from you. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"