Breastfeeding

desperately seeking advice

I've posted about weaning before. I've been trying for 2 weeks and am still pumping every 4 hours. I can't stretch that out because I get clogged ducts so badly. My OB and the LC think my breast reduction 2 years ago is the reason my milk ducts don't properly drain which is why nursing is so painful. But now the weaning process is just as bad due to the clogs.

The only way to get rid of them is to nurse which I do about once a day when I can't take the pain any longer. I feel I'm just going backwards in this process. The same with hot showers. I've been on sudafed around the clock for 4 days desperately trying to dry up. I'm miserable and see no end in sight.

Any advice or experience? Please help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: desperately seeking advice

• Taking regular sudafed can help dry you up. As can sage tea.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Im so sorry your going through this. Maybe try peppermint essential oil ? In some people it can cause a supply drop which would at least be a step in the right direction. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • pnutgpnutg member
    Thanks ladies, I guess I'm going to have to try some sage and peppermint tea.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • flkongflkong member

Can you pump for a shorter period of time and not completely empty your breast? Just pump enough to get relief but leave some milk there so that your supply decreases. In 2 days or so, you should make less milk. Then you should try going 4.5 or 5 hours between pumping. Repeat the process but gradually increase the increment between pumping sessions. 

• pnutgpnutg member
    imagefklang:
    Can you pump for a shorter period of time and not completely empty your breast? Just pump enough to get relief but leave some milk there so that your supply decreases. In 2 days or so, you should make less milk. Then you should try going 4.5 or 5 hours between pumping. Repeat the process but gradually increase the increment between pumping sessions.nbsp;
    I only pump to get relief now. I think that's why I get the clogged ducts so bad.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Lots of parsley is supposed to cause a drop in supply so you could eat alot of that too. Maybe wearing a tight bra/sports bra could help. Sounds really tough for you, hope it gets better soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"