June 2013 Moms

Exclusively pumping check in

I hope everyone had a wonderful week!
How's everyone doing with pumping?
Do you pump in public or only at home?
Where's the weirdest place you've pumped?

GTKY: where do y'all live?

Also if you have any good questions for a check in, let me know and I will make sure it gets on a check in!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Exclusively pumping check in

• I am doing okay with pumping. It seriously gets tiring. Especially at night! But I'm doing something wonderful for LO... I just have to remember that!
    I pump every 2 to 3 hrs. In the car, at home, at other people's homes, in the bathroom...
    I had to pump in a porta potty at the 4th of July festival. I know people waiting in line probably thought I was pooping forever in there.... But oh well.
    I live in northern/central California near Yosemite.
  • How's everyone doing with pumping?  Oh same ole, same ole!  I think I'm finally getting used to my life revolving around a pump.  Next dilemma is how to schedule my pumping when I start work next month!

Do you pump in public or only at home?  Pumped in my car, in the truck, at our cabin, at my mother's house. 

Where's the weirdest place you've pumped?  None yet - vehicles are the weirdest and not really that weird :) 

GTKY: where do y'all live?  a super small town in Colorado!

• Loading the player...
  • Pumping is going pretty good... I get about 3 ounces per pump session... Pumped at the fair the other day but surprisingly they had a nursing station! Live in Southern California 
  • Pumping is starting to wear on me to be honest.  I'm already considering pumping 6mo rather than the year that I wanted to do. The time it takes is so consuming and if I'm alone and DS is crying, I can't finish and my supply takes a hit.  I think I'll feel different when I go back to work and don't have to rush my pumps.

Right now I just pump at home since we haven't gone out yet.  When I was with DD I pumped at work or at home and that was about it -- no weird places other than someone else's house if we were visiting family or friends.

GTKY: Proud to live in Oklahoma! 

• jefkjefk member

I'm doing ok with pumping.  I use the Medela pumping bra, and I've been leaking out the bottom of the flanges.  I think the bra doesn't fit tightly enough.  Otherwise, it's fine.

I haven't had the opportunity to pump in public yet.  We went to the mall over the weekend and I brought a formula bottle for her.  DH fed her in the back of the car while I sat in the front dealing with anxiety over feeding her in public.  However, DH and I are planning a baby-free day trip to the city for our anniversary next month, so I'll have to bring my manual pump for that.

The only place I've pumped, other than my house, is my parents house.  Funny story about that - I got myself set up in their extra bedroom/office.  As soon as I turned on the pump, their cat jumped out from behind the desk and ran under the bed - I guess the pump noise scared her!

I'm a Jersey girl! 

• So happy to see that other people were trying the exclusive pumping thing. I did it for 6 weeks, I just stopped actually. I applaud and encourage everyone to continue if you can. It's a challenge but since I could never get DD to latch right (after 2 weeks of trying like hell, she is a lazy latcher), I had to pump all the time. It's a lot of work for sure and since I'm going back to work mid-August, I just couldn't do it anymore. I feel guilty about it but keep saying "something is better than nothing, she had good stuff for 6 weeks and that should count for something." Keep up the good work ladies!

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• I'm doing ok with pumping. It's still sinking in how hard this is compared to other options.  We're currently in the market for a freezer since we don't have room for food anymore.

I mostly pump at home.  I don't feel comfortable whipping out my pump in front of people, and my pump isn't battery powered so I'm limited.

I pumped in the car driving home from my husband's work, other than that just my living room.

I live on the MA/RI border.

I'm curious what kind of pumps other EPers are using. 

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • How's everyone doing with pumping?  I'm getting tired of it but still going to stick with it for now. Made it a month so far, trying to make it 6 months!

Do you pump in public or only at home? I'll pump in my car.

Where's the weirdest place you've pumped? Just in my car, at home or at my parents house.

GTKY: where do y'all live? Texas (Southeast)

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• imageChicagoChic82:
    imagepammasu:
    I'm doing ok with pumping. It's still sinking in how hard this is compared to other options. nbsp;We're currently in the market for a freezer since we don't have room for food anymore.I mostly pump at home. nbsp;I don't feel comfortable whipping out my pump in front of people, and my pump isn't battery powered so I'm limited.I pumped in the car driving home from my husband's work, other than that just my living room.nbsp;I live on the MA/RI border.nbsp;I'm curious what kind of pumps other EPers are using.nbsp;
    I use a rented medela symphony.
    I use Evenflo Single Electric pump. 

DS1 2-26-07
    DS2 10-18-10
    M/C 8-5-12
    DS3  6-21-13
    #4 Due May 2015

IT'S A BOY

http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Jennidyan1109/23d540d6-b829-444c-8c32-e5df839d3d41.jpg?t=1417822558

• imagejefk:

I'm doing ok with pumping.  I use the Medela pumping bra, and I've been leaking out the bottom of the flanges.  I think the bra doesn't fit tightly enough.  Otherwise, it's fine.

Do they leak even when you're sitting straight up or leaning forward?  

• imagepammasu:

Medela PISA - yay insurance! 

• jefkjefk member
    They leak unless I'm sitting straight up, which is hard to do at 2am in my comfy glider!!  Also, the bra gets stretched out really quickly and I end up washing it every couple days just to keep it tight.
  • jefkjefk member
    imagepammasu:

Medela PISA (tote bag style), covered at 100% by insurance.  At the hospital I was given a bag of Medela accessories which included a little manual piston-style pump that screws into the back of the connector.  It works pretty well.

• How's everyone doing with pumping? I am 15 weeks into pumping and I am getting really sick of it. I think it's because my supply has dropped so I don't feel it's really worth it. Every time I think of quitting I feel guilty and keep going.
    Do you pump in public or only at home? I pump wherever I need to. In the car, at work, at my house, at the park.
    Where's the weirdest place you've pumped? Probably the park.

GTKY: where do y'all live? Utah

I also have a Medela PISA.
  • How's everyone doing with pumping? Trying to get 8 a day, but only getting 6-7. Between taking care of 2 kids and pumping, there has been so many times where I have forgotten to eat or take a shower. Lol!

Do you pump in public or only at home? So far just at home, but I will have to do it at work in several weeks.

Where's the weirdest place you've pumped? In a public bathroom at my old job.

GTKY: where do y'all live? Iowa

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Pumping is very time consuming and I hate the full feeling I get when I go too long between pumping sessions but I love that I'm able to at least provide half my baby's food. I only average 2 oz per session so I supplement with formula at night and early morning. I haven't pumped in a car yet I just can't imagine dealing with all that. The hands free bra was my best purchase!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"