February 2013 Moms

New mommy!!

Sooo me and my husband just found out that we is pregnant! I'm like sooo excited!! We are celebrating tonight

Re: New mommy!!

• I think you meant to post this on the February 2014 board.
    ETA: Congrats!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• imagesecondaryPULSE:
    Just for the recordyou are pregnant.

Yeah, I was thinking that too...

• Loading the player...
  • Wow a little rude guys.  Congratulations on the baby!
  • BBS!BBS! member
    Never seen the February board be so rude. Come on guys!

Congrats. Enjoy the ride. It really does go so fast like everyone says!
  • imageSterling13:
    imageBBS!:
    Never seen the February board be so rude. Come on guys!

Congrats. Enjoy the ride. It really does go so fast like everyone says!

I support a little snark for the sake of good grammar.

This. I wouldn't have called it rude, just promoting good grammar.

• If I told someone I was pregnant and they responded by correcting my grammar rather than congratulating me I would be upset.  One of the posters who made fun of her grammar also made a grammatical mistake in her post.  We are all flawed people.  There is a time and a place to correct someone's grammar and a pregnancy announcement is not one of them.
  • Happy to hear you would never do this to someone in person. 
  • Yes I agree.  I mean people who don't speak perfect English really shouldn't even use the internet.  Actually, they really shouldn't speak either. Why should I be subjected to someone's grammar mistakes just so they can "express themselves".  Seriously, you're a teacher?
  • If the original poster is still reading this thread, I want you to know that we are genuinely happy for you and that this board is usually very supportive.  (I'm not sure what made some of the posters respond so negatively.)  

To the posters who found it necessary to mock the original poster who was doing no more than sharing her joy with people she assumed would be happy for her, what was the point of your posts?  To embarrass her?  To belittle her into learning better English?  Maybe you've succeeded and maybe you haven't, but she doesn't appear to have expressed a need for you to fulfill that role in her life.  

Just an aside, I'm an attorney with multiple law degrees and I work in a fairly senior position in the government.  (I'm not bragging, just providing context for my statement.)  I work with other attorneys who spend much of their time correcting/improving legal analysis and writing submitted by other senior, Ivy League educated attorneys.  That being said, I can't say that I've ever witnessed the vitriol I've seen expressed here, and in response to such welcome news.  In a site that is geared towards women and the most positive experience we can have in life, let's try to spend more time lifting each other up instead of tearing each other down.  It's like the saying goes:  "Don't bother putting yourself down; there are plenty of people out there willing to do it for you."  Let's not put each other down, as there are plenty of negative people in the world who will do that for us, whether because we choose to breastfeed or not, stay at home with our children or go to work, or simply because we choose to have children in the first place.  Let's try to stay positive for each other's sake.  

Also, let's not create an environment where people are afraid to post anything unless their grammar is absolutely perfect.  We want to hear from everyone because that's how we learn on this site.      

• This thread made me LOL.. I feel like someone just had a bad day and is taking their frustration out here. Really? Why would anyone get so upset and defensive over someone correcting a grammatical error(and a pretty bad one at that)? It's not like she was being blatantly rude about it, she just changed one word.

I am inclined to believe that OP made an honest mistake- she probably typed everything out, went back and changed some words around, and then just didn't proofread before submitting... Even then, as a pp mentioned, it is slightly annoying that this was posted in the wrong year and month board, when every one of OP's other posts are on her correct board.

We have already established that a bunch of us Feb'13 mamas are closeted grammar Nazis, so I don't see how correcting such an error would be surprising. What is more surprising, to me, is how many they choose to not correct for the sake of not being annoying about it. I think we can let one or two corrections slip by :)

And this totally is the nicest board ever. I have seen other bumpies in worse moods about much less... Stay awesome Feb'13 mamas. Anyone who calls you ladies rude has no idea what they're talking about!

OP, congratulations. (She probably hasn't even looked at this post since she put it up, since she accidentally put it on the wrong board) ...just sayin'
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Although I felt the first few posts responding to the original poster were unnecessary, and in my opinion blatantly rude, my post was addressing the negativity expressed in many of the later posts, including one post referring to some people with bad grammar as lazy or stupid.  There is no excuse for rude behavior, regardless of whether OP is posting on the correct board or not.    

So no, I did not have a bad day; I was having an excellent one until I saw how rude people were being to the original poster.  And yes, I too love grammar rules.  (I have a copy of Strunk and White's Elements of Style at work and at home, as well as several other style guides and grammar texts.)  What's surprising to me is how defensive people are being of what is admittedly snarky behavior.       

• imagebabynumerouno:
    Although I felt the first few posts responding to the original poster were unnecessary, and in my opinion blatantly rude, my post was addressing the negativity expressed in many of the later posts, including one post referring to some people with bad grammar as lazy or stupid. nbsp;There is no excuse for rude behavior, regardless of whether OP is posting on the correct board or not. nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;So no, I did not have a bad day; I was having an excellent one until I saw how rude people were being to the original poster. nbsp;And yes, I too love grammar rules. nbsp;I have a copy of Strunk and White's Elements of Style at work and at home, as well as several other style guides and grammar texts. nbsp;What's surprising to me is how defensive people are being of what is admittedly snarky behavior. nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;nbsp;

Okay, now, don't get all in a tizzy. I was referring to the pp who kept posting over and over about how upset she was over this...which is what I believe got this thread "out of hand" to begin with. But it's funny because this is kind of what I was referring to.

The main thing is that Feb'13 moms are total sweethearts and they deserve to be defended. End of story.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Goodness.  It's not worth belaboring the point here, so I'll plan for this to be my last post on this chain, but really?  I agree that Feb'13 moms are wonderful and usually very kind.  I'm not attacking Feb'13 moms such that they need to be defended, but what I am saying is let's all try to be kind to each other.  Let's think of how we would feel if we went to someone expecting open arms and jubilation and instead were met with passive aggression, esp. given that many of us think OP's mistake was an honest drafting error rather than a misunderstanding of fundamental grammar rules.  

It's difficult and unnecessary to defend:  "Just for the record--you are pregnant"; "and are you 'like' soooo excited, or are you ACTUALLY soooooo excited?"; "You might want to come off as somewhat educated or choose a different venue"; "I 100% judge people who speak horrible English and don't care to educate themselves;" and finally, "[incorrect grammar] makes you either stupid or lazy, and I chose not to surround myself with that.  Maybe if more people corrected others, we wouldn't be one of the dumbest countries on earth."  

Besides, no one is attacking the people who made the comments or claiming that they're not generally nice people, I'm just saying these particular comments seem unnecessary and petty.  

And agreed.  End of story. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"