Trouble TTC

Which do you think is worse? And other stuff.

Happy Monday All,

So Im in my final week of the 2WW but work has been beyond stressful. I've been trying to be good and not have caffeine or alcohol. That being said I was born and raised in WI (home of great beer and cheese) and want nothing more than a beer when I come home from a ridiculous day. So do you think caffeine or alcohol is worse? Or are they just both bad?

Also anyone have any good stress relief techniques? My work has been soo stressful lately. I work at the happiest place on earth (WDW) but my area is awful. I am trying to update my resume and get a new role in another area. Sadly that takes time and I don't want to leave because of the great benefits (medical and park tickets/discounts). Sadly I fear my stressful work environment is not helping with TTC. Any help would be appreciated. All of you women are amazing, what we are going through is tough (the toughest thing I've gone through).  TIA.

Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. IUI #1 11/5/13-BFN.  IUI #2 12/5/13-BFN. IUI #3-12/30/14. All three with Femara CD 3-7 and Ovidrel trigger. +HPT 1/13/14 First +ever!!! Beta #1 195 Beta #2 1/15-533. Ultrasound on 2/4 showed one bean. EDD 9/22/14. Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14.

Re: Which do you think is worse? And other stuff.

• Considering even PG women are allowed a small amount of caffeine but not alcohol if you are trying to decide "what's worse" it's def. drinking.  

As someone who went to college in Wisconsin and lived there for a few years as an adult too, I fully understand that a beer is desired after a hard day at work.  And I do drink in the 2ww on non-treatment cycles.  But when you're paying for treatment and the increase in chances, I don't find it too hard to abstain for those two weeks. As for how to de-stress....take a long bath or treat yourself to a dessert or dinner out.  Read, watch a comedy, retail therapy - whatever you need to do.  

Just know that the week will come and go before you know it.  GL! 

TTC since July 2009. Dx MFI & LPD. 
    IUI#1&2&3 (2011 & 2012) BFN
    IUI#4 1/23/13 on 75iu x9 Follistim = BFP then chem preg m/c (Feb 2013)
    IUI#5 BFN (April 2013)
    IVF w/ICSI Oct. 2, 2012 - 13R, 11M, 7F, 1 frozen blast 4BB grade - - - FET Nov 15, 2013
    BFP! Beta 1:104 @ 10dp6dt, Beta 2:178 @ 12dp6dt,  beta 3:366 @ 14dp6dt
    Saw heartbeat twice before missed M/C at 8w3d on 12/27/13, missing my little angel boy
    JUNE 2014 IVF#2;  5R, 2M, 1F Three day transfer 6/7.  Beta 6/18 - BFN
    Child Free Now?
    S/PAIFW , S/PALW

My Blog

• I try to stay away from both, I personally stick to long bubble baths with my kindle for relaxation.  But every now and then I have a glass of sweet tea and sometimes after AF arrives a glass of wine, DH says its my guilty pleasure, and I agree.  Everyone has their own opinion on alcohol, some don't drink at all, some not during 2WW, and others say "drink till it's pink". Good Luck with this cycle!!!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know how I missed this! I just posted something similar! I miss my wine and morning coffee but I feel the same way as Kait... if I am paying then I am not doing anything to mess it up!
    TTC for baby #1 since March 2012 DH SA- ZERO Jan 2013, Low T, started clomid. Up and down swimmies since. Me- Ovulation dysfunction, low progesterone, hormone levels all off http://babydreamsinnj.blogspot.com
  • I think alcohol is worse.  Occasionally I have a beer really early in the 2ww, like 1-4 DPO, before implantation would occur.  However, if I'm doing a new treatment that will increase my chances I won't drink at all. Not being able to have a drink during the 2ww makes me so angry since I've been doing it for 3 years and 99% of the time I'm not pregnant. Guess I'm just bitter.

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm sorry to hear that you are so stressed right now :( I like to unwind by reading a book, talking to friends and family and watching movies. 

As for the drinking adult beverages and coffee during the 2ww, I stay away from alcohol, but still have a cup of coffee every once in a while.

Good luck with everything and I hope you find an outlet that makes you feel a little better about things. 

• Alcohol may be worse...but they say pregnant women can have one small drink per week, so it's not the end of the world if you have one.  Then again, my body tends to get affected by caffeine/coffee much more than others, so to me, I feel like coffee would be worse.  Everyone is different and it's up to you.  If I ever just crave a nice cool beer but don't want to necessarily drink much, I'll just have a super light beer like miller 64.  Have some sips of it with cheese and call it a day.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"