September 2013 Moms
Options

Does This Sound Stupid?

I'm not sure if this would be stupid to do at this point.

I want to save as much money as possible so I'm thinking since target is much cheaper the BRU. If I make a registery of the things I still need and use the coupon is it worth it at this point and how to I get this coupon asap?

Re: Does This Sound Stupid?

• Options
    imagelmtoo89:
    I'm not sure if this would be stupid to do at this point.

I want to save as much money as possible so I'm thinking since target is much cheaper the BRU. If I make a registery of the things I still need and use the coupon is it worth it at this point and how to I get this coupon asap?

Ummmm I made a bed bath and beyond registry of stuff we want for our home just so I could get a completion bonus. Not stupid at all!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess I'm not really sure what you're asking. 

If you're having a baby shower, it's worth it to make the registry. BUT - it's kind of nice to register at different places because Target isn't always cheaper than BRU. Some of the BRU brands are cheaper than the Target brands. If you REALLY want to go cheap, check out WalMart, too. 

In terms of the coupon - what coupon? A completion coupon? You only get the completion coupon AFTER everything from the registry has been purchased. Although most places will give you coupons and/or gift packages for registering. I got coupons, a couple of sample diapers, and an Avent bottle from Target for registering there. 

Does that kind of answer your questions?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    elm005elm005 member

imageimakeeff0rts:

In terms of the coupon - what coupon? A completion coupon? You only get the completion coupon AFTER everything from the registry has been purchased. Although most places will give you coupons and/or gift packages for registering. I got coupons, a couple of sample diapers, and an Avent bottle from Target for registering there. 

I say go for it.  And it is my understanding that you get the completion coupon so that you can finish buying things off of your registry.  It should come 4 to 8 weeks before your due date.  It is unrealistic to think that you will get every item on your registry as gifts.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mcg512mcg512 member

Go for it!  We added a lot of stuff to our registry that we planned on buying anyway so we could use the extra savings from the coupon.  Nothing wrong with saving some money, especially when you're already buying so much for baby! 

Someone mentioned last week that the coupons were being sent out later and sometimes after your due date so you might want to put a closer date on it so you can get the coupon sooner. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker    image
  • Options
    imageimakeeff0rts:
    I guess I'm not really sure what you're asking.nbsp;If you're having a baby shower, it's worth it to make the registry. BUT it's kind of nice to register at different places because Target isn't always cheaper than BRU. Some of the BRU brands are cheaper than the Target brands. If you REALLY want to go cheap, check out WalMart, too.nbsp;In terms of the coupon what coupon? A completion coupon? You only get the completion coupon AFTER everything from the registry has been purchased. Although most places will give you coupons and/or gift packages for registering. I got coupons, a couple of sample diapers, and an Avent bottle from Target for registering there.nbsp;Does that kind of answer your questions?

Yea that's wrong. Just completely wrong.

When you register at target you can enter in your due date or shower date and about 3 weeks before the date gets there they'll send you a 10 completion coupon to use on baby items on your registry. What the pp said is incorrect.
  • Options

imageimakeeff0rts:
    You only get the completion coupon AFTER everything from the registry has been purchased.
    Completion coupons are available based on the EDD you provide (at some places you can request it early).

Amazon is another inexpensive registry place, and offers a completion discount. 

Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Options
    imageimakeeff0rts:
    A completion coupon? You only get the completion coupon AFTER everything from the registry has been purchased.

Umm you are confused about what a completion coupon is. A completion coupon is given as an incentive to complete your registry after the event has come and gone and not all the gifts were purchased.

• Options
    Since this is our 2nd boy, we didn't have a shower. I did make an Amazon registry with the odds and ends we need for this baby, and made my due date August 1st so I'd get the completion discount early. I just purchased what we needed last night. I think it's worth it. Any money you can save is definitely a good thing!
    DS-"Sprocket" born 3.27.11 Baby #2- due 9.10.13 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"