Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Possible Allergy?

Help, my LO was up every hour last night. It seems like she cant get into that deep sleep stage ever. Im just wondering if she might be in discomfort from having a possible allergy . She just got over a vomiting spell, is on reflux meds, is constantly congested ( but I cant seem to get it sucked out) and has developed bad eczema on her cheeks. Her sleeping is horrible at night. During the day she takes maybe 30 to 40 min naps two to three times a day. She just cant seem to sleep anymore. 

Does anyone have a baby with an allergy that can relate?  She is 6 months 1week

Re: Possible Allergy?

• Well, she has always had multiple wakings at night, but last night was over the top. I dont know why she gets so congested at night. I think that is part of the problem. I have considered sleep training. I might be trying that soon because her sleep is getting worse.
  • imagesusan10918:
    Well, she has always had multiple wakings at night, but last night was over the top. I dont know why she gets so congested at night. I think that is part of the problem. I have considered sleep training. I might be trying that soon because her sleep is getting worse.

If its worse at night she might be allergic to something in her room. Maybe there's dust someplace, the materials on the bed... I'm allergic to dust and dust mite and its worse at night. We just got a new mattress and protector and its much better. Just a thought. Oh my friends little girl had tons of food allergies and she said she was congested for months before she finally broke out in hives one day. That prompted testing.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    That sounds like a lot of the same symptoms both of my LOs exhibited with their food allergies. DD was congested immediately after consuming dairy. She lived the first 8-9 months of her life with a rash all over her body, spit up profusely, screamed uncontrollably for hours as a small infant, she was a mess. Fortunately, this time I recognized the symptoms with DS and he didn't have to suffer like she did.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"