May 2013 Moms

Baby weight rant

So today is my birthday so my husband decides to take me shopping. I end up in the fitting room in tears nothing fits right anymore I feel like I have a built in life preserver and nothing looks remotely flattering. Needless to say I ending up buying stuff for our baby. I feel pretty defeated on our way to my MIL to get baby can't wait to see her!!! Sorry rant over needed to vent

Re: Baby weight rant

• pnutgpnutg member
    You're not alone. I went shopping for myself over the wknd and walked away with baby clothes...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel you...remember 10mths to put on.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagephyllis17:
    I feel you...remember 10mths to put on.

This is what I have to keep reminding my self of too...
  • Maybe have him take you shoe or purse shopping. Those should still fit and be a way to stretch the outfits that do fit.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I get where your coming from. I cried when I looked in the mirror the other day.
  • I had to buy new work clothes because none of mine fit. I'm trying g to ignore the number on the tag, but it's hard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I totally get where you are coming from. Hearing people say it took 9 months to put on so wait for it to come off doesn't help when you feel self conscious cause nothing you have fits even close.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eh I'm just taking things slow. I don't fit in my pants and my belly jiggles when I laugh.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight!

Be good to yourself ladies! You made a human being! Or that's what I tell myself!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• imagesnowgirl427:
    Eh I'm just taking things slow. I don't fit in my pants and my belly jiggles when I laugh.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight!

Be good to yourself ladies! You made a human being! Or that's what I tell myself!

Thumbs up!

I've learned that the pounds come off a lot easier than the muscle builds back up. I'm back to pre pregnancy weight, but still a size or two away from fitting back into my clothes. Also, my hips are definitely wider than before.

My goal is to get back to a healthy weight and tone up my muscles a bit, and then reward myself with a new wardrobe. I'm picking up a few pieces at Target and Old Navy to get me through the transitional phase. Like PP have said, it took 9 months to get out of shape, so I'm not sweating it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You're definitely not alone. Keep your chin up and give yourself plenty of time to lose the weight. I keep reminding myself that this is all for my baby and I'm doing great. This time next year I will be in my little black number again!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"