High-Risk Pregnancy

Fluid in babys abdomen at 20 Week U/S

Hi.  We just got some terrifying news that there was fluid in the babys abdomen (isolated fetal ascites) at our routine 20 week ultrasound.  Everything seemed to be going so smoothly, finally after 2 recent miscarriages.  We are just distraught with fear.

Doc recommended an amnio to help determine the cause so we did that on Friday and are awaiting results and praying to rule out chromosomal abnormalities.  Then they are sending us to CHOP in philly for further testing (namely an MRI) on Thursday.  This is all so harrowing and I'm curious if anyone else has had this happen to them. Sad

Any advice is so appreciated. Prayers are of course always welcome too!  Thank you!!!!

Re: Fluid in babys abdomen at 20 Week U/S

• I've no personal experience but I'm so sorry! Hopefully the amnio will yield more answers/information. From what I've heard, CHOP is a fantastic institution. Sending prayers your way, please keep us updated!
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sorry, prayers are with you and little one.. Please keep us posted
  • Loading the player...
  • Sending many positive thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Thank you everyone for the prayers and support! Wallace223 - that is good to hear about CHOP and I hope we find the same hope that you have there. I hope your little girl(s) are OK. Its all so terrifying to hear anything might be wrong with your baby. Having lost 2 already I am praying something can be done and that I have a little fighter in here. Thanks again and I hope to have better news by weeks end.
  • Hi. I'm so sorry for your news. We found out my baby has an issue also. We get an MRI Wednesday.
    I hope your babys issue is minor and easily treatable. Hugs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"