August 2012 Moms

My boobs...

hurt. Holy eff. Yesterday was my very last pump, after pumping once a day for 5 days. I got 4oz out collectively after more than 24 hours.

So, do I just not pump, right? Aren't I going to end up with mastitis or something? Color me stupid because I don't know what the heck happens here. Does my body just say, "Oh, okay, she's not pumping, so quit producing?" Or am I going to wake up tomorrow with size FF boobs and five clogged ducts.

Oh and did I mention...ow.
A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
SCANDAL!

Re: My boobs...

• I cut down on the pump very gradually and still ended up with mastitis.  I don't know if there's anything I could have done to prevent it, though.  I hope that doesn't happen to you!
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • As long as you don't pump to empty, you're not telling your body to make more.

You can hand express. Also if you get clogged ducts, you can massage them out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just hand expressed for some relief the first few days. Not much at all. Also, I took ibuprofen, and really warm showers.
  • I just went through this. Get cabbage leaves they seriously helped a lot! I pumped on day four for 5 minutes to relieve some discomfort and on day 6 had a clogged duct so I pumped for 10 minutes and used more cabbage. Now I'm on day 8 and my boobs have felt good since that pump to relieve pain. I was told pump out clogged ducts and its going to be uncomfortable especially the first few days. Good luck it gets better!
  • This is my biggest fear when I wean!  I am so afraid of how it will go.  Good luck.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebigbootyjudi:
    hurt. Holy eff. Yesterday was my very last pump, after pumping once a day for 5 days. I got 4oz out collectively after more than 24 hours.

So, do I just not pump, right? Aren't I going to end up with mastitis or something? Color me stupid because I don't know what the heck happens here. Does my body just say, "Oh, okay, she's not pumping, so quit producing?" Or am I going to wake up tomorrow with size FF boobs and five clogged ducts.

Oh and did I mention...ow.

So glad you asked Ill be doing this in a week or so...
  • imagesmile50208:
    This is my biggest fear when I wean!  I am so afraid of how it will go.  Good luck.

Same. Ahhh

• ccamccam member
    My Dr told me to hand express just for a little relief but do not pump. My boobs were rocks but it went away eventually.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Oh man. I am so not looking forward to this. Good luck BBJ. Hope your ladies ease up fast!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would suggest ice packs and ibuprofen.  I agree with hand expression just to relieve the pressure, but don't empty.  They say sudafed dries you up quick too.  And cold cabbage leaves.

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• imagelatnprincess:
    I would suggest ice packs and ibuprofen. nbsp;I agree with hand expression just to relieve the pressure, but don't empty. nbsp;They say sudafed dries you up quick too. nbsp;And cold cabbage leaves.

Yes! Anything to relieve nasal congestion will help dry you up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"